Closed Thread
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Thread

Re: Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3657298;
    I think US just hurt their credibility with their latest article. Suddenly Wes and Dave remember that ED talked about a girlfriend but mancode kept them from speaking? Doubtful.

And some double speak from Reid and Michael.

News - EXCLUSIVE: Castmates: Ed Talked About Having a Girlfriend on Bachelorette Set | Usmagazine.com
    I don't see this article as double-talk from anyone but Michael. He was the only one that ever defended Ed. The others just didn't speak about it. I can understand them speaking up now though.

As far as Reid is concerned, it was always plain as day that Reid was not that a fan of Ed.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

I skimmed the US Weekly cover story. I didn't buy it, I don't have scans. I think it's a 4 page spread.

The story has quotes from Jesse, Tanner, Mike Stag, Wes, Reid, Chris Harrison, Mike Fleiss, L, a guy named Brad who's a friend of Jillian's, and Renee from Jason's Bachelor season. I think there may be a quote from B as well.

Multiple guys confirm that Ed was given access to computers and his cell phone and they say the way it was represented, it was for work reasons. There are quotes from Jesse and one other guy saying that Ed represented himself as a workaholic.

There is a quote from Wes saying that both he and Dave remember Ed saying he has a girlfriend but they didn't say anything because it wasn't their style (the word "mancode" was not used ). Mike Stag said he got a bad vibe from Ed and always felt something was off to the point where he didn't think he would be friends with him. Later Mike Stag says Ed texted or told him that J/Ed would get through this. Reid says some of the guys didn't want to be friends with Ed (JMO but that seems like an observation not a judgment of Ed). Tanner says it's really low to have 2 girls on the side. Jesse says that Jillian trusts people too much and it's her downfall and that she should dump Ed. Jillian's friend Brad says she's not dumb and he doesn't think she's being had. Renee says that Jillian's not naive and will want to figure things out.

Chris Harrison says he hasn't asked Jillian if she believes Ed might have cheated because he (Chris) doesn't want to know. I think he says he thinks Ed is a good guy and stuff like that. Fleiss says that when you get engaged after 2 months it takes years to come clean about your life. There's some other colorful quote from him too.

The only new quotes from L are basically that if Ed can deceive her then he can deceive Jillian, that she (L) is open to speaking with Jillian. There is a quote from L or B saying it was hurtful to see Ed lie on GMA. The article points out that despite Jillian's claim the ladies are looking for fame, they have declined further interviews and are moving on with their lives.

There are 3 small pictures of the following couples: Mike and Natalie (they're taking it slow, there's a pic of them at a Cubs game?), Mike Stag and Holly (they're in love, she's moving to NY in December, he's working on a kids book), and L and the guy she's been seeing for about a mont, K (lovely picture, he is HOT, he also continues the small world line of thinking because he was roommates with Andrew Firestone).

One of the teasers on the cover is about Reid still having feelings for Jillian There is a Reid inset where he answers 4 questions. I SUSPECT but do not know that these may be from that teleconference he did right after the finale. The 1st is about J/Ed and he says they seem happy but you never know what's going on behind the scenes. The 2nd question is about whether he still has feelings for Jillian. He says that for a couple of months he used the "everything happens for a reason" thinking to get over it. But seeing her reraised old feelings. The 3rd question is whether he'd get back together with Jillian. He says he doesn't know about getting back together, but he would definitely arrange a trip to see her or have her see him so they could talk. The 4th question is whether he would do the Bachelor. He says it would be an awesome experience but he doesn't know if he could find a wife that way. He says he doesn't even know if it's an option.

Some of you will get a kick out of this: there's a body language expert who analyzes Ed's body language in the GMA interview and points out 3 things that show he's lying/insincere. The 2nd thing the body language expert points out is Ed's rapid blinking indicating he's lying.

The slant of the article is that Jillian's standing by her man despite evidence of him cheating. The question being asked is how naive she's being and the slant is that she is being had by Ed.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 08-12-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3657303;
    I don't see this article as double-talk from anyone but Michael. He was the only one that ever defended Ed. The others just didn't speak about it. I can understand them speaking up now though.

As far as Reid is concerned, it was always plain as day that Reid was not that a fan of Ed.
    I just meant that they didn't address the g/f rumors just made some vague "ED was shady" remarks. Not on them...just kind of innuendo laden reporting.
    Although, it's not exactly a hard news investagative report so they have to build drama the best way they can since Reid and Mike obviously weren't willing to say they heard Ed say he had a girlfriend.

From the Austin Statesman...

"Stagliano, who is now in a serious relationship with an alumna from a previous “Bachelor” season, said he went on a triple date with Harris and Swiderski and had a good time.

He said that since new details have emerged about Swiderski, he has texted the newly engaged couple with support and prayers. He heard back from Swiderski, who didn’t deny the claims, but has yet to hear from Harris, he said.

“I couldn’t say a bad thing about Ed,” he said. “He’s a blast, a good guy. But maybe he got caught up with the other girls.”"

I'm sorry, brain fart here, which Mike and Natalie is this article referring to?
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3657311;
    I just meant that they didn't address the g/f rumors just made some vague "ED was shady" remarks. Not on them...just kind of innuendo laden reporting.
    Although, it's not exactly a hard news investagative report so they have to build drama the best way they can since Reid and Mike obviously weren't willing to say they heard Ed say he had a girlfriend.
    Yah, I wish they would drop that stupid man code and just be out with it. Had someone "informed" Jill during production she wouldn't be going through any of this humiliation.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

The other Mike...Steinberg, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3657321;
    Yah, I wish they would drop that stupid man code and just be out with it. Had someone "informed" Jill during production she wouldn't be going through any of this humiliation.

We don't know that they didn't. I'm pretty sure they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3657322;

The other Mike...Steinberg, I think.
    oh cool thanks for posting. they look cute together!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3657311;
    I wouldn't be so sure Reid made an "Ed was shady" remark. Notice the "bad news" part of the story is not in quotes from Reid. That's because Reid didn't say it. The quote in the magazine is just Reid saying that some of the guys didn't care to hang out with Ed, which could be a neutral observation that US Weekly is spinning to make it look like Reid said something negative.

Mike Stag's bad vibe comment is in quotes though so he has to own that. Even in his Austin 360 comment his comments seem to be about Ed being a blast to hang around but he also says Ed might have gotten in over his head with other girls. Not a 100% ringing endorsement.

Edit: Just remembered there was actually a 5th question in the Reid inset. They asked him if he was dating and he said at first no, now he's going out with his friends but it's had because they get "attacked." It's the whole fan frenzy thing.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 08-12-2009 at 10:06 AM.

I should have posted this here (put it in the Reid thread not realizing this thread was open for posting:

Reid's contract prohibits him from speaking to the media without pre-approval. So either ...

(1) he is "done" with the franchise (and so like the other guys quoted, he is willing to take whatever little "heat" the producers/network might give him for talking to UsWeekly reinforcing negative Ed media portrayals)

(2) he is not "done" with the franchise (either re-optioned for Bach 14 or in active discussions about it) and he is comfortable the the network is perfectly happy to have him make disparaging comments about Ed.

Interesting to me that he was willing to comment.

Closed Thread