Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: After the Final Rose Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: After the Final Rose Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Does anyone know if the ABC board will post the AFTR show to watch online? I was sick last night so I didn't get to watch it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang;3622682;
    Relationships is all about making sacrifices for the other person and Jillian is doing that, uprooting herself and starting her career in Chicago.
    ITA, I said something similar on the discussion board for Monday's episode.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Good Morning, all! I never was an Ed Fan. I had a visceral "I don't like you" feeling from night one. I am, however, an Ed and Jillian fan. While I closed my eyes to their connection early on, it was hard to dismiss it once he returned. But, even then, I kept trying to slot him into the conventioneer salesman hole. That worked for Ed, though not Jillian and Ed. Since his return, I have rated him F1 and he held that spot to the end. His edit began to blossom in Maui - even with the attempt by the producers to cast doubt - actually grew stronger with the MTA out takes when combined with similar out takes by Jillian - and opened up completely during the last days in Kona. The producers didn't throw either Ed or Jillian under the bus, really...they were actually showing them as people with the flaws Jillian was fond of wanting to bring out in all the guys. I am an Ed and Jillian fan - they tug at my heart and I wish them all the best will in the world.

Kiptyn with his sexy eyelashes and well-toned body was always in the F2 spot...even before they knew how to edit based on the Finale. Because I preferred his laid back demeanor and "keep it real" attitude regarding the show, I became a fan early on. The problem is that Jillian had to mislead him (and us) with her comments about him being the complete package and that, while the physical connection was there from the beginning, the emotional connection was happening. Because of their physical closeness and because they found joy in some of the same activities, he was (sadly to me) brought to the sticking point much too early and to his detriment. The role of the F2 (witness Matt, Jason, etc.) is to fall hard for the Lead so there is tension for the FRC. From his communications, Kiptyn has moved on and is permanently smiling, though it is always hard for the F2 to re-visit the "what-ifs" at the ATFR.

To me, Reid was always the F3 friend. The Friend with Benefits because of the show process. His personality, including the stubbornness, was similar to Jillian's; and had they met under different circumstances he would have become one of her buddies. I think it was hard to let him go because it was like losing a piece of herself in the midst of chaos. She could have used a friend to the end, but that isn't the show's format. She has maintained that she remains friends with all of her ex boyfriends and from the photos taken of the wrap party on Monday, it appears this will be the case with Reid.

The ATFR showed all three rolls played out, but with a twist according to their personalities. The F2 retained his dignity by acknowledging her love for her F1, the F3 took on the F2 role of questioning her commitment to the F1, and the F1 professed his love. While the show had its moments of drama (long moments) which detracted from a straight line love story, in the end all the pieces and the players' roles came together.

I've enjoyed the personalities this year and especially watching a feisty, quirky woman take on the challenge.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just finished watching ATFR online. Kipton - what a classy guy. He was so gracious and respectful of Jillian, just a pleasure to watch. I did feel throughout the season that Jillian appeared to have deeper feelings for him than he did for her, and so, I think that she made the right choice to let him go. I just can't imagine them together now - the "real" Jillian is much less subdued than the "television" Jillian, and that doesn't seem to be the type of girl who would be a good match for Kipton.

Reid - I really hope that you are not going to be the next Bachelor! I feel that Reid's sense of humor and his way of interacting socially would not be a good fit for the show. He seems to say what he thinks and doesn't appear to have the kind of "social filter" that would be necessary for a bachelor. It appears a bachelor/bachelorette must carefully choose their words at all times (or in other words, they have to do a lot of "bs-ing") and I don't think that is Reid's style. I like Reid so much but I feel he would be better off finding the woman of his dreams in a private setting.

Ed and Jillian - yay! I loved these two together from the beginning and it appears that they are a perfect match. I loved the pool story! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these two make it. I think Jillian owes Chris a lot - it was obviously difficult for her to choose between Reid and Ed, but she made the right choice and Chris did a lot to guide her towards her "happy ending".

Chris - I love him! Wish we could have more of him during the season.

Only letdown - I was hoping for more outtakes.

Quote Originally Posted by dlejhunt;3622789;
    Just finished watching ATFR online. Kipton - what a classy guy. .
    Where did you watch it online? I've been looking....

Reid I felt sad for him, you could tell last night he is still hurtly deeply. He got the answers he wanted, Jilly said it was always Ed, the outcome would not have changed if Reid had told her he loved her in Hawaii.

I hope one day that they will be good friends, all of them, Ed, Jilly, Reid, Kiptyn.

Kiptyn, I just did not see her with Jilly in the long run, no, they just didn't fit, in my eyes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3622492;
    I don't know if Reid was acting but I think he was definitely playing it up. Maybe drumming up sympathy and interest in him as the next bachelor. Some photos someone posted in another thread of Reid, Jillian, Ed, Juan, etc. partying together don't reconcile with the Reid I saw tonight on the ATFR. I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time around the happy couple if I was still in love.
    I remember an interview Jeremy gave about DeAnna's MTA and how the guys were still all dogging on him. They were told by the producers to be "in the moment" as if they were still in the house together and no time had passed. Then all the after party pictures showed them all friends and partying. If Reid is really campaigning to be the next Bach, maybe that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3622716;
    The ATFR showed all three rolls played out, but with a twist according to their personalities. The F2 retained his dignity by acknowledging her love for her F1, the F3 took on the F2 role of questioning her commitment to the F1, and the F1 professed his love. While the show had its moments of drama (long moments) which detracted from a straight line love story, in the end all the pieces and the players' roles came together.

I've enjoyed the personalities this year and especially watching a feisty, quirky woman take on the challenge.
    I love reading all the different takes on ATFR. While some viewed some of the things that Reid said as arrogance, I felt that it showed his overall naivety of the show and the process. While we may never know what TPTB told him before coming back (like making Jeremy believe that Deanna was changing her mind) even if Reid wasn't lied to by production I don't think he understood that Jillian could have actually been in love with more than one person. If you have never been in the situation it is hard to comprehend that you could picture yourself loving and marrying 2 people at the same time. His send off at the F3 RC made him think that he was leaving because he wouldn't say ILY. I think the overall theme of both Kiptyn and Reid was so clearly stated by Kiptyn...they didn't say ILY until they could honestly say it. Good for them. It worked out better for everyone and made Jillian's decision easier.

I did find Jillian's expression, eyes, and body language very interesting when she was with Reid. Both her and CH were trying to do the typical ATFR question and answer session, and no doubt Reid didn't play that role very well. It still seemed like Jillian wanted to hear more from Reid regarding his feelings. Part of the awkwardness came from Jillian wanting Reid to say more, instead of gladly accepting the fact that he knew it would do no good to rehash and analyze everything.

From the photos at the viewing party either it appears that Reid and Jillian may have been able to talk a little more and get past the "what now" stage, or else everyone should get a standing "O" for their amazing performance at the curtain call for this season.

I think Reid was really sad, looked like he was about to cry.

FORT Fan

A few observations:

- Reid was clearly heartbroken. He wears his heart on his sleeve, obviously, and it really showed last night.
    - I think something must have happened either in Spain or Hawaii to give Reid the impression that Jillian was in love with him. Maybe she flat out said to him "I love you". Or maybe she told him that he was "the frontrunner". I don't know, but there is definitely something up with this whole thing. He is definitely confused about her not picking him and wanted to ask more questions. I wish he could have. I hope he receives answers to all his questions from her at some point in the future. She didn't answer him very well last night.
    - Jillian clearly still has feelings for Reid. It was very obvious when she first came out last night and said "even now" (when seeing him) and she put her hands over her heart. I think Reid knows Jillian has unresolved feelings for him. There was a time when she was talking (and crying) and the camera did a close-up of Reid's face and he was looking SO intently at her....you could tell he knows she is not fully over him. The fact that she got so teary-eyed and emotional says it all. Reid strikes me as very analytical, very perceptive, a "thinker" and very aware of his surroundings. I think he was very much under the impression last night that she still has feelings for him.

I just love Reid's "quiet confidence". On top of being extremely handsome, he has a great, natural body language and he answers questions thoughtfully and intelligently. There were a couple of times last night where Jillian's face said to me that she regretted some things with regards to Reid. I bet she will regret one day not picking Reid.

Ed last night did not impress me. His boasting about how he was the only one who received an overnight date in Spain just solidified my feelings that Ed has a massive ego, he wanted to "win" this and would do it at all costs.

What I'm disappointed about is the fact that CH did not bring up the g/friend rumors. Also, I get the sense that Jillian is trying very hard to convince herself and everyone else that she is really happy and made the right decision but I'm not buying it. I think she is working overtime to prove she's happy in light of all the negative stuff that has been said about Ed over the last 2 months. Their relationship cannot be that solid because for SURE she's heard all the stuff about Ed and his bad-boy behavior.

I think Jillian chose Ed because she wanted a proposal/engagement at the end of all of this and he was the only "sure bet" on this front. She had blinders on when it came to getting a "proposal" and that clouded her judgement.

I think once the excitement wears off and they are in the "real world" with no more TV shows and flying all over the place, that their relationship will fizzle. I think Ed will revert back to his old ways very quickly and probably want to be single again. I give them 5 months tops.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast