Closed Thread
Page 1 of 67 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

1. Allowing Reid to return. Gave balance / symmetry to decision to allow Ed to return. Makes it more "fair" in eyes of normal viewer,media outlets. (Not speaking to/about board fanatics on this point) Addresses issue voiced by Michael Stagliano -- didn't know someone COULD come back. Reinforces my assessment that they allowed him back because their Lead was not bouncing back quickly enough from his departure, the Wes thing was a train wreck waiting to happen, and none of the others were trending to produce a proposal.

2. The Couple. Jillian Loves Ed. Not sure whether to believe anything he says yet though. But as opposed to prior couples I've scoffed at 100%, I think there's a spark of REAL in this couple. Remains to be seen what happens, but there are many real world elements of compatibility. She wants a Big Man/Provider type to wear the pants, to tell her (lovingly/respectfully) what they should do next, each day, etc.

3. Kip. Will go down in history books of this (STUPID) show as one of the real class acts. Handsome, kind to Jillian, took it easy, didn't stoop to producer antics/manipulations, true to himself.

4. The Production. Too many contestants, too much kissing used as substitution for verbal scenes that would show what makes the underlying relationship romantic or viable in the real world, too many episodes, mistaking sex for romance. And many just plain stupid and vaguely disturbing subplots. (foot fetish?)

5. The Community of FORT. Thousands of posts/words wasted on attacks. So dull to read, so juvenile, and in the end, they are all about stooping to the level of the show, not rising to the challenge of figuring anything out. THAT SAID, among those "Jilly-ions" of posts, many bright spots of people posting true inside information in a balanced neutral manner (Bloomers! Cupcakes!), sleuthers brilliantly taking apart photos and matching them to real world people and places (Kasha and so many, many others), funny funny funny people (I'msotired, BritLit, bamabrain, sushifan), loyal fans who don't stoop to "ad feminem" attcks (Cantstopwatchin's brilliant summary of the competing Ed/Reid plot lines comes to mind), etc. And many others, I'm too burned out (and a bit rushed this morning!) to catalogue. This is the still the place to "find out what happens" and everyone knows it. Love to all. J.

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

The thing that really stunned me this season is the realization that tptb would really throw the "engaged" couple under the bus like this. Reasonable doubt is the rule of the F1 edit, but this OMGosh!!! I felt that Ed was getting the edit to be F1 until he came back. The edit turned so HUMILATING to both Ed and Jillian that this was the only reason I felt he would not be F1. (I don't trust what tptb show us of this circus as a predictor, but usually the EDIT tells the tale for me.) It makes me think the rumors are true that Ed really ticked off tptb. Horrible edit and basically this eliminates a time tested sleuthing tool for me. It also surprised me that Reid's diary of the departed so clearly showed the disrespect he had for Ed. It reaffirms the inside information we've gotten on Ed, but more than anything it shocks me that this was the clip that was picked. WE know that they worked to get this from Reid.
    WOW. What a circus. All are better off now that it's over.

FORT Regular

My best wishes to Jillian and Ed. Even as a Reid fan to the end, the look on Jillian's face when she saw Ed spoke volumes. If they make it work kudos to them for finding happily ever after - despite the show.

My admiration to Kip for being a class act throughout this process and in real life. Oh, and thanks for sharing your abs with us each week!

My adoration to Reid for being honest, sincere, and realistic about this whole process. If Kenneth Cole doesn't replace your glasses, give us a call. I'm pretty sure we could start up a colleciton in exchange for updated pictures of you wearing them

Most importantly, my thanks to all of the FORTers for another wild ride. It got pretty intense in here the last few weeks, but you all are still the most enjoyable part of watching this show. I stumbled upon this site during De's season and got the courage to really participate this year. You all amaze me with your skills, inside knowledge, wit and humor. See you all in the fall!!

Questions:

1. Jillian: To me, TPTB threw her under the bus; she just seemed so...."liberal" to me, eg. her bedroom scenes with Ed. My question is WHY? They didn't have to show that. I can understand why Ed didn't get a typical F1 edit, maybe because of the gf rumors and/or the crew didn't like him, but Jillian?

2. Wes: Looking back with my Kip blinders off, I think Jillian's original F2 would be him and Ed. Did he back out because he wasn't interested in Jillian, or his studio schedule? I understand the show needed a villain, and Wes unwittingly gave them the materials, but why constantly threw him under the bus, even at MTA?

3. Kip: His story took a backseat after HTD. Some of us guess he was intended to be the next Bachelor in the beginning, but he said "NO" around the time when HTD was edited/shown. Any truth to that?
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

The finale finished with an avg of 10M (up 25% over the previous week) but finished with slightly less numbers than DeAnna's finale. Was all of the faux drama worth it if they didn't get a bigger boost? The show was a performer for them against almost no new competition and reruns.

It seems that all of the faux drama and manipulations align with what sdl has been telling us - that the season was a friggin' disaster and that creative editing saved the day as the "love" story couldn't stand on it's own two feet.

FORT Fogey

Thank you for starting this thread. I was hoping there would be one for our final thoughts on the season.

I will be very glad to get back to my life, but I really enjoyed the sleuther threads this season and will be back next season no matter who the Bachelor is.

My favorite thing was matching screencaps to locations. After that, came trying to figure out what happened next from the previews. I do wish posters had kept their opinions about their favorites and personal dislikes to the non-sleuthing/spoiler threads.

I also enjoyed reading about how the editing process works and plan to pay more attention to that next season.

I wish Jillian and Ed all the best, she seems so confident in her choice. Turns out she did have a good group of guys to pick from, and it will be interesting to see what Reid, Kip, Jesse, Michael Stagliano and Wes do with their new-found celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3620585;
    Questions: [my guesses in italics!]
    1. Jillian: To me, TPTB threw her under the bus; she just seemed so...."liberal" to me, eg. her bedroom scenes with Ed. My question is WHY? They didn't have to show that. I can understand why Ed didn't get a typical F1 edit, maybe because of the gf rumors and/or the crew didn't like him, but Jillian?
    --Totally agree that they made her appear very loose. I don't know if "the crew" liked or didn't like him. Actually, I do know this. The crew are composed of dozens of people, of varying job descriptions, and they are not of one monolithic opinion about anything, including most prominently, whether they "liked" Ed. The top line of producers loved Jillian and will probably stay her dear friends for life, and I don't believe that they think she was "thrown under any bus" with the edit.
    2. Wes: Looking back with my Kip blinders off, I think Jillian's original F2 would be him and Ed. Did he back out because he wasn't interested in Jillian, or his studio schedule? I understand the show needed a villain, and Wes unwittingly gave them the materials, but why constantly threw him under the bus, even at MTA?
    --Sleuthing lesson for the future. We overlooked Wes for weeks on the thought that he was there for Wrong Reasons, etc. The signs that she cared for him sincerely were all there and it took "us" weeks to see that. Sleuthing suffers from bias.

3. Kip: His story took a backseat after HTD. Some of us guess he was intended to be the next Bachelor in the beginning, but he said "NO" around the time when HTD was edited/shown. Any truth to that?
    --Not sure what his plans are. Class act on the show, so true.

WOW! what a season, we were up, down and in between. I think we have all learned that production will stoop as low as needed to SHOW a story, be it love, lust or somewhere in between. I am still shaking my head at some of the "sleeziness" this season had to offer, from our lead Jillian to the insuating scenery and suggested happenings in bedrooms.

I think that sluething will never be the same again, production and editing has gone completely overboard in chopping, piecing and re-touching everything from voices, pictures, and even behind the scenes "deals". The fun was always in putting the pieces together, now the pieces are so scattered some don't even belong to the same puzzle any longer. As always it is fun to watch the season with everyone here, and discuss, analyze and slove together in an adult fashion.(Even that too became a question this time around).

Most of all I think we have all discovered how much goes on BEHIND what we see, from recruiting/casting to the impact of the bloggers, tweeters and internet posters on forums like this one. I don't know that I will WATCH again but I will certainly join my FORT Friends and dish the dirt. Till then! (back to our regualrly scheduled lives!)

Who is John Galt?

IMO Thoughts:

Just watched excerpts and read reviews and opinions. Got too smarmy too many times, so I gave up watching all the inane chattering and backbiting. Loved Kip - too handsome and classy for Jillian. Ed - so not my type, but they match better than the others. She tends to like the guys who are bad boys and not as much into her as she is into them. Scripted ending very phony (Reid's return, etc.). Kip can do better. Ed and Jillian won't last long.

Here in the middle of it katincanada's Avatar

Well thank you fellow posters - I've watched several seasons, but learned of the FORT during Jason's season, when I was dying to know who won, cause I loved Melisa, and only to my suprise.."what there are boards that inside knowlege and in the know of what is going on???"

WOW, you guys are good! I knew the B and B'ette wasn't real mostly - in the sense of how much went into making stories for us to watch, but really became aware of the editing when Jason sent Shannon (?? weird dental girl) home and in her DOD - she said "I am going home to french kiss my dog" I laughed and laughed and knew never in the real world would a sane girl say that.(yes, even with her quirkyness she was never that insane to say such a comment) Which lead me to believe there was more then meets the eye. I laugh when I think of who ever came up with that line.

This season it was Reid who captured my heart and millions of others too! He was real, funny, sincere and mostly an all around guy. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't real, and we saw that big time in the second to last epi when Reid was sent home, we all know something was up with that edit and their walk to the car - their smirks gave it away!

As for Jillian - I found her funny, fun, and wonderful during Jason's season, felt the Canadian thing our commonality - so as other Canadians we cheered for our girl, and cheered even more when she was chosen to be our new B'ette. We must remember as much as they edited Wes, Reid, Kip and yes EVEN Ed, Jill was protrayed in many ways that I am sure she is not. We have to remember she saw things we did not, so we have to give her a tiny bit of the benefit of a doubt. After all she is human - and intitled to a few errors as are we.

I will miss this board for it's insight and some of the comments that made me laugh out loud. I am sure my cube mates won't miss my sudden laugh out louds - or my boss won't miss my sudden lack of work ethic I developed this season.

All the best to you all - enjoy your families and the rest of your summer - see you next season!!!

K

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 67 123456789101151 ... LastLast