Closed Thread
Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pillperson;3624008;
    Just read this to my dear one and he laughing said " on the next bach are they going to post cup size and on b-ette will the screen show inches or centimeters so the number will be impressive' Just thought you would enjoy the laugh.

Won't need the latter--- we already know the Reidman is "GRANDE"....LOL

PS ooops sorry 3 posts in a row....

(PS By his own admission of course!)
    Last edited by alsoaktchr; 07-29-2009 at 10:13 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3624036;
    MVP goes to ....Reid Rosenthal. Whether he was REAL or scripted, he was very convincing...a natural. His dialogue surprised and delighted and his delivery had the perfect amount of emotion for the words he was speaking. The phrasing revealed the soul of a poet....were they his own words?

His love scenes were simmering rather than steaming. I never once cringed or averted my gaze. He was able to convey a tender passion with an enveloping hug and a kiss on the clavicle. The silent forehead to forehead extended double hand-clasp with fingers intertwined is about the most
    sensuous visual image of the season..(..more so than the volcanic eruption).
    It made me think that their breathing and their heartbeat and their brain waves were totally in sync. .........He was that good.

Yes yes yes yes yessssssssssss!

Awesome summation. Sigghhhhhhhhhh.
    Absolutely!!! He was THAT good - you couldn't have summarized it better!!!!

I wanted to to thank everyone on this board for making it such an awesome season. Big hugs to the veteran sleuthers who have also been my mentors, whether you knew or it or not. I look forward to the next season...regardless of who becomes the Bach. I hope next season the board can go back to the way it used to be....without all the snarking against each other & the contestants. I'm guilty for misappropriating some of the threads, but it was co confusing in here.

Here's to the next season. I hope all of you have a great summer & hope to see you next season (if not sooner). ((((((hugs))))))
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3621406;
    And I will say that when they break up in a month, I WON'T say "I told you so"!!
    ITA.

I loved this season, as crazy as it was! My fave Bachelors were Reid, Kip, and Michael.

I'm just wondering if Jillian's going to pull a Mesnick. If she calls Reid will he still be 'waiting in the wings' for her? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3624036;
    MVP goes to ....Reid Rosenthal. Whether he was REAL or scripted, he was very convincing...a natural. His dialogue surprised and delighted and his delivery had the perfect amount of emotion for the words he was speaking. The phrasing revealed the soul of a poet....were they his own words?

His love scenes were simmering rather than steaming. I never once cringed or averted my gaze. He was able to convey a tender passion with an enveloping hug and a kiss on the clavicle. The silent forehead to forehead extended double hand-clasp with fingers intertwined is about the most
    sensuous visual image of the season..(..more so than the volcanic eruption).
    It made me think that their breathing and their heartbeat and their brain waves were totally in sync. .........He was that good.

Yes yes yes yes yessssssssssss!

Awesome summation. Sigghhhhhhhhhh.
    Standing up and clapping for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3622837;
    Seriously, what woman doesn't love that image of Reid running in there all disheveled and emotional -- rushed but certain -- with a ring he just bought, ready to sweep her away. It's like a movie -- especially because of how much he risked for love. We shed a tear for Kip because we know he had her at hello but she needed those three little words just a little sooner. We all sigh because we know her Dad connected with Ed and that was that last little push she needed, but the red flags are still there. . . The caution tape should be around Ed, not Kip.

For whatever reason, in the limelight of this show, one's character becomes strikingly obvious. We saw Jillian as the free and open spirit that she is . . . the trusting girl who still believes, deep down, that love is painful and you have to "work for your happiness". We saw, right before our eyes, Kiptyn realize that he loved Jillian -- and deciding that this love deserved a commitment-- he wanted to throw everything in on this girl.

In watching the MTA last night I actually shed a few more tears when Jillian had a visible reaction to Kip saying he did love her when he had said it. A few tears also slipped out for Reid and his willingness to say that he loves her still-- after all this, even now, loves her still. I know that hearts heal and whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I believe that Kip and Reid are both better men for this experience. I still like Jillian as much as I ever did. She has been the best bachelorette, ever. Her heart is open and she is ready to love. Ed just said the right words. Sometimes the right words matter -- but, in the end, all that matters is what we do. Actions trump words every time. . . that's what I learned from this show.

I love your post!! I was a Reid fan (he didn't have me at "hello though") I had a negative reaction to him cause he reminded me of my first husband in physical looks. Same hair color, style, crinkly smiling eyes, slightly big nose, and smile.(Who looked like Reid, but acted more like Ed, or my impression of Ed)

So I remember when he was brought in in the 2nd batch (isn't interesting, the two men that really intrigued Jillian were in the 2nd batch. ) I remember thinking "Jillian DON'T pick the Reid guy...I don't like him" Make him go away (totally personal biase) But my ex looked like Reid, but was more of a party boy like Ed.

Well that was the last time I ever thought that. I loved Jesse (I loved him and Jillian's date on the Glacier) but my feelings for Reid were developing. I saw it through Jillian's eyes, how she kind of just always had that special sparkle and connection for him. It was like she was always hoping for time alone with him, so she could get to know him. Their flirty witty banter was something out of a old time movie. I loved how she was with him, and every time she was with Reid I thought she was at her most beautiful.

I think I saw her through his eyes...with Kip it was like the handsome guy going out with the so so looking girl he probably wouldn't date in "real life." (I think Jillian thought that too) With Ed, its almost like I thought he's kind of handsome but average looking at the same time. And so is Jillian, she is beautiful and attractive in her own way, but kind of average looking. They level each other out.

When Reid looked at Jillian, it was like he was so intently focused on her, she just lit up, like a woman that knows she is being adored. I think for her, bottom line she wanted to hear the words that validated what she felt from him, (and didn't he say as much during the AFTR ceremony and his proposal) Now he knows he needed to say it for it to be validated. I think that is why she kept fishing for his feelings, its like they both felt it, and knew it on one level but she need to hear what she thought validated by his words. Ed gave her the words...

But Jillian and Reid, their connection was very deep, very much like soul mates. A good balance of physical attraction, mental attraction. I get that Jillian is attracted to Ed, but they just didn't even seem to "fit" together they way Reid and Jillian do, they are so closely connected, that they just turn towards each other, embrace, put their heads close together no matter what circumstance they are in. Even at the ATRC he had his arm out on the couch to keep some appropriate distance, but he was turned totally towards her, an
    she in turn towards him. Even at the ATRC ceremony, I was like "this is intense..she is walking away from her soul mate..." and on some level she knows that. I think Jillian knows it too, I mean she almost gets shaky around him. She was disorientated and confused when he comes back at the final rose ceremony, but someone that says to CH..."How is a person supposed to make a decision in a situation like this?" Doesn't sound like someone trying to figure out how to let someone down. It sounds like someone that is trying to figure out who to marry, when the "other" man she loves comes back.

Some comparisons to the movie the "Notebook" have been made, but I can see why. People say Reid was arrogant, when he came back. But that is how he sees it, their connection was so undeniable...I can totally agree with his viewpoint. If he is angry or a bit bitter (which I think is honest emotion) he is going to come off politically incorrect. He wasn't worried about a TV show, he made the leap, faced his fear and told the woman that he loved he wanted to marry her and he was hurt. He was hurt watching the proposal scene again with tears in his eyes. I'm glad he showed us his honest reaction and feelings, and not just give us a politically correct version.

I love Kip, (not for Jillian though) He is a classy guy, who seemed like he might have fallen in love towards the end. He is a dutiful moral person (admirable qualities) but he might have fallen in love so late in the process, he wasn't in too deep, and his recovery I'm sure is well on its way. I saw their sensual connection, and love for outdoor activities, and a great friend connection as far as Kip being solid, and caring. I think he genuinely cares about her as a friend, and wants her to be happy. But I just don't think he was invested as Reid was.

I think Jillian's regret maybe that she didn't take Reid to F2. He didn't meet her parents...I mean Jillian said family was important, and now she is marrying a man that she didn't get a hometown date in his town (to really see how he lives) She met his parents in a very surreal way in Hawaii. I personally didn't even like Ed's parents that much. I thought they were kind of odd, esp. the Dad) I thought Reid's family was great, and the kind of family you'd go, okay great Mom in law, great Dad in law, great nieces and nephews...neat to be a part of....neat to see how this man loves kids etc...

But these are my impressions. What Jillian wanted "maybe" she got. I agree at the end of this season with something Reid said as far as he'd fear that she'd go with the guy that told her what she wanted to hear (paraphrasing) And I think that's Ed. He might have left and came back (which might have seemed romantic to her) but then he started being the guy, that validated her with his "feelings" and with a proposal. Once he got back in, he did everything on her time line, as she anticipated. Reid lost her and realized what he had lost.

I think its like the Notebook, as far as the soul mate connection and Reid's tunnel vision, but unlike the book and the movie, she ends up with the other guy. She might be happy, and they may last...but she will never know what she had with Reid. In my opinion....Someone said in another thread that if this was a movie, Reid coming back, he would have got the girl. Agreed.

So it's been the most ROMANTIC season in Bachelorette history for me...just with this most bittersweet ending. I feel like this is the first season I've watched with a real romance. It just happened between the two people that didn't end up together.

If Jake is the Bachelor and his robotic Tom Cruise laugh, I get a hiatus from this nerve wracking show. If it's Reid, I'm back in, with all my chips....At least there is a 65 percent chance. LOL

Thanks to all the posters and to all the sleuthers that make this board so great. Also a great board for Reid love....

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3624554;
    I love your post!! I was a Reid fan (he didn't have me at "hello though") I had a negative reaction to him cause he reminded me of my first husband in physical looks. Same hair color, style, crinkly smiling eyes, slightly big nose, and smile.(Who looked like Reid, but acted more like Ed, or my impression of Ed)

So I remember when he was brought in in the 2nd batch (isn't interesting, the two men that really intrigued Jillian were in the 2nd batch. ) I remember thinking "Jillian DON'T pick the Reid guy...I don't like him" Make him go away (totally personal biase) But my ex looked like Reid, but was more of a party boy like Ed.

Well that was the last time I ever thought that. I loved Jesse (I loved him and Jillian's date on the Glacier) but my feelings for Reid were developing. I saw it through Jillian's eyes, how she kind of just always had that special sparkle and connection for him. It was like she was always hoping for time alone with him, so she could get to know him. Their flirty witty banter was something out of a old time movie. I loved how she was with him, and every time she was with Reid I thought she was at her most beautiful.

I think I saw her through his eyes...with Kip it was like the handsome guy going out with the so so looking girl he probably wouldn't date in "real life." (I think Jillian thought that too) With Ed, its almost like I thought he's kind of handsome but average looking at the same time. And so is Jillian, she is beautiful and attractive in her own way, but kind of average looking. They level each other out.

When Reid looked at Jillian, it was like he was so intently focused on her, she just lit up, like a woman that knows she is being adored. I think for her, bottom line she wanted to hear the words that validated what she felt from him, (and didn't he say as much during the AFTR ceremony and his proposal) Now he knows he needed to say it for it to be validated. I think that is why she kept fishing for his feelings, its like they both felt it, and knew it on one level but she need to hear what she thought validated by his words. Ed gave her the words...

But Jillian and Reid, their connection was very deep, very much like soul mates. A good balance of physical attraction, mental attraction. I get that Jillian is attracted to Ed, but they just didn't even seem to "fit" together they way Reid and Jillian do, they are so closely connected, that they just turn towards each other, embrace, put their heads close together no matter what circumstance they are in. Even at the ATRC he had his arm out on the couch to keep some appropriate distance, but he was turned totally towards her, an
    she in turn towards him. Even at the ATRC ceremony, I was like "this is intense..she is walking away from her soul mate..." and on some level she knows that. I think Jillian knows it too, I mean she almost gets shaky around him. She was disorientated and confused when he comes back at the final rose ceremony, but someone that says to CH..."How is a person supposed to make a decision in a situation like this?" Doesn't sound like someone trying to figure out how to let someone down. It sounds like someone that is trying to figure out who to marry, when the "other" man she loves comes back.

Some comparisons to the movie the "Notebook" have been made, but I can see why. People say Reid was arrogant, when he came back. But that is how he sees it, their connection was so undeniable...I can totally agree with his viewpoint. If he is angry or a bit bitter (which I think is honest emotion) he is going to come off politically incorrect. He wasn't worried about a TV show, he made the leap, faced his fear and told the woman that he loved he wanted to marry her and he was hurt. He was hurt watching the proposal scene again with tears in his eyes. I'm glad he showed us his honest reaction and feelings, and not just give us a politically correct version.

I love Kip, (not for Jillian though) He is a classy guy, who seemed like he might have fallen in love towards the end. He is a dutiful moral person (admirable qualities) but he might have fallen in love so late in the process, he wasn't in too deep, and his recovery I'm sure is well on its way. I saw their sensual connection, and love for outdoor activities, and a great friend connection as far as Kip being solid, and caring. I think he genuinely cares about her as a friend, and wants her to be happy. But I just don't think he was invested as Reid was.

I think Jillian's regret maybe that she didn't take Reid to F2. He didn't meet her parents...I mean Jillian said family was important, and now she is marrying a man that she didn't get a hometown date in his town (to really see how he lives) She met his parents in a very surreal way in Hawaii. I personally didn't even like Ed's parents that much. I thought they were kind of odd, esp. the Dad) I thought Reid's family was great, and the kind of family you'd go, okay great Mom in law, great Dad in law, great nieces and nephews...neat to be a part of....neat to see how this man loves kids etc...

But these are my impressions. What Jillian wanted "maybe" she got. I agree at the end of this season with something Reid said as far as he'd fear that she'd go with the guy that told her what she wanted to hear (paraphrasing) And I think that's Ed. He might have left and came back (which might have seemed romantic to her) but then he started being the guy, that validated her with his "feelings" and with a proposal. Once he got back in, he did everything on her time line, as she anticipated. Reid lost her and realized what he had lost.

I think its like the Notebook, as far as the soul mate connection and Reid's tunnel vision, but unlike the book and the movie, she ends up with the other guy. She might be happy, and they may last...but she will never know what she had with Reid. In my opinion....Someone said in another thread that if this was a movie, Reid coming back, he would have got the girl. Agreed.

So it's been the most ROMANTIC season in Bachelorette history for me...just with this most bittersweet ending. I feel like this is the first season I've watched with a real romance. It just happened between the two people that didn't end up together.

If Jake is the Bachelor and his robotic Tom Cruise laugh, I get a hiatus from this nerve wracking show. If it's Reid, I'm back in, with all my chips....At least there is a 65 percent chance. LOL

Thanks to all the posters and to all the sleuthers that make this board so great. Also a great board for Reid love....
    What an amazing post.
    I am not even going to try to summarize how I feel because this said it all, it's like we watched it through the same lenses...only difference for me was that I liked Reid from the minute he walked into the room and flashed that killer smile.

It's completely a bittersweet ending for me. I am happy for Jillian if she is happy...that is all I wanted for her, starting with Jason's rejecting her last season...unfortunately she didn't choose the person who I think made her seem the most real, happy, giggly, fun, funny, sparkly, smart and loving. I still wish her all the happiness in the world. I wish Reid all the happiness in the world too. They both deserve it after the rollercoaster of emotions they just went through.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3624554 View Post

I totally agree and could not have said it better, with tears in my eyes.

Fellow Forters, it has been a wild but “funnest” ride this season and my first season as a Forter. I have been a lurker since the Deanna season and through the Jason season, only joining when Jason reversed his own F1 decision and it hit the media. But the clever Forters were first to be in the know and it is here I got the scoop. That was my Fort “hook” and I wanted to be part of the exclusive club of sleuthers and experts!

The best thing that came out of Jason’s season for me was Jillian Harris! I was so excited that she was going to be the new Bachelorette and was happy to be following the sleuthing before the season started. Little did I know that Jillian’s season would be the most exciting season for me ever, first and foremost due to Jillian’s personality - I love her spunk, confidence and how she tried to make the guys feel good. She is a beautiful woman and deserving of the best that life has to offer. Also, I had a good feeling about Ed early on and my instincts told me that he was the one for Jilly. Naturally, I am thrilled with the outcome as I genuinely believe Ed and Jilly are an excellent match -- they are both very optimistic and positive people.

I was very impressed with the caliber of all F3 guys - it was an amazing line up! Jilly had good reason to find compatibility with both Kip and Reid as they both had something to offer her. However, there could only be one guy left standing, if at all, and Jilly’s choice was Ed. I am disappointed that when the F1 news hit the forum that the atmosphere became so adverse that it forced many posters to avoid Fort all together. Granted it is a discussion forum where we all can voice are opinion for discussion, but some posters brought out the heavy “snark artillery” and it simply wasn’t worth the thrill of the debate any longer. That said, I hope things are calmed down a bit now that the news has settled in, a “cease fire” agreement has been reached, and we can close this season on a positive note.

I am looking forward to next season and hope to join in more of the sleuthing activities so we can “out-Fleiss” Fleiss. You realize that Fleiss probably had his minions following Fort so that he could “out Fort” Fort! In the end we knew the F1 before the FRC aired! Fort stilled prevailed! I am constantly amazed at the ability of many of you whether it be sleuthing, computer skills, networking, and so forth. Forters Rock!

In closing, I have met and made so many wonderful new on-line friends and I truly enjoyed being a part of the exclusive Fort club. For that reason, it will be even more difficult to wean myself from my laptop now that the season is over. So I hope we can stay in touch by PM or email!

Thank you all for making this season an exciting one for me. Have a fantastic summer - see you next season.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3624651;
    Fellow Forters, it has been a wild but “funnest” ride this season and my first season as a Forter. I have been a lurker since the Deanna season and through the Jason season, only joining when Jason reversed his own F1 decision and it hit the media. But the clever Forters were first to be in the know and it is here I got the scoop. That was my Fort “hook” and I wanted to be part of the exclusive club of sleuthers and experts!

The best thing that came out of Jason’s season for me was Jillian Harris! I was so excited that she was going to be the new Bachelorette and was happy to be following the sleuthing before the season started. Little did I know that Jillian’s season would be the most exciting season for me ever, first and foremost due to Jillian’s personality - I love her spunk, confidence and how she tried to make the guys feel good. She is a beautiful woman and deserving of the best that life has to offer. Also, I had a good feeling about Ed early on and my instincts told me that he was the one for Jilly. Naturally, I am thrilled with the outcome as I genuinely believe Ed and Jilly are an excellent match -- they are both very optimistic and positive people.

I was very impressed with the caliber of all F3 guys - it was an amazing line up! Jilly had good reason to find compatibility with both Kip and Reid as they both had something to offer her. However, there could only be one guy left standing, if at all, and Jilly’s choice was Ed. I am disappointed that when the F1 news hit the forum that the atmosphere became so adverse that it forced many posters to avoid Fort all together. Granted it is a discussion forum where we all can voice are opinion for discussion, but some posters brought out the heavy “snark artillery” and it simply wasn’t worth the thrill of the debate any longer. That said, I hope things are calmed down a bit now that the news has settled in, a “cease fire” agreement has been reached, and we can close this season on a positive note.

I am looking forward to next season and hope to join in more of the sleuthing activities so we can “out-Fleiss” Fleiss. You realize that Fleiss probably had his minions following Fort so that he could “out Fort” Fort! In the end we knew the F1 before the FRC aired! Fort stilled prevailed! I am constantly amazed at the ability of many of you whether it be sleuthing, computer skills, networking, and so forth. Forters Rock!

In closing, I have met and made so many wonderful new on-line friends and I truly enjoyed being a part of the exclusive Fort club. For that reason, it will be even more difficult to wean myself from my laptop now that the season is over. So I hope we can stay in touch by PM or email!

Thank you all for making this season an exciting one for me. Have a fantastic summer - see you next season.

Cheers!
    This is a beautiful recap of your thought's and mine as well MiniDiva! In the end, we can all remain friends, and that is what's so special.

Closed Thread