Closed Thread
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

FORT Regular

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

I totally agree that Jilly and Ed are the best match. They both are very extroverted, intense, party people who work hard and have lots of fun. They have the same sense of humor and seem to enjoy each other's company. I hope they make it..To me, this is a perfect match. Jillian will love Chicago and all that it entails. Their families seem very similar and they had similar backgrounds, which goes a long ways in a marriage.

I'm happy for them..I liked Kip and Reid, too..However, last night you could see that she made the right choice.

Wishing the best for them.

Yes she said positive things about Ed but even CH basically said she said that to protect Ed at this point. CH said he was not so sure she wasn't go to pick Reid. I think its obvious she wanted Reid over Kip but since he was so far off from committment and her feelings for him were so strong it was easier to take sweet Kip to f2.

If you take quotes about all the guys at least towards the end you can hear her say something that sounds like they are the one. The only really definitive thing was when she told Reid that she could never have sent Ed home. Of course she is going to say that. She was obviously having feelings for Reid at that moment and had to keep them in check because she does love Ed and wants to make it work with him. I think she will try very hard. But in the end she was in love with two people more than any bachelorette I have ever seen.

Good for her pretty amazing to fall in love with 2 to 3 guys and have them all truly reciprocate.

Kip is a gem and Reid is just a little overly raw emotionally but a good guy. He will grow up and be a better guy from this thing. Ed, hmmm I just don't know about him. I was not invested in this show or any one guy my observations are much less biased than you might think. I don't care about the GF rumors, most guys are probably dating when they go on this show. If in fact Ed was a player prior then of course he was dating. I don't know what else I believe about him other than he lacks sincerity some how. JMO

FORT Regular

I have to give Jillian props for "facing" her ex's on tv. How hard could that be? Think about it..She did a great job, I think. I'm sure it was uncomfortable, but she said the right things..the truth. She loved Ed.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Last words...that's a tough one but you summed it up really well, jlccaz!

I know some will look at my post and disregard it because I've been known as a staunch Ed supporter and that's fine; I won't take it personally.

I witnessed something truly remarkable this season (I know, I know, you Reid & Kip fans are rolling your eyes at me-LOL!) but it's true. I saw something true and sweet, cute and fun between Jillian and Ed from the get-go. I started the season off as an unspoiled viewer and was enthralled with them and the blossoming story I saw unfolding. Part of me wishes I had stayed in the nonspoiler thread b/c it would have kept me from the attacks and rumors I was reading. However, I wasn't that strong and HAD to know if Ed went far on the show. [Cape, I will always consider you my partner in crime in this--we were SO WEAK!! ]

It took me days to catch up on the Ed thread to find out that he was spotted with Jillian in Hawaii. Phew, I thought. But then the rumors started appearing. I'm a very cynical person IRL so it's hard for me to take everything I read on a message board as the G*d's honest truth, just like we all take everything we see on the show with a grain of salt b/c we all know the editing that's done. For me, what it came down to was this--perhaps Ed DID see an ex or 2...and perhaps while he was with them, he thought about Jillian the entire time. Has anyone ever been on a date with someone while you're thinking about someone else and you realize that someone else is who you're supposed to be with? We see relationships break up over this all the time! Perhaps that is how he KNEW unquestionably that he had to return to fight for her. [And, please, don't write posts debating my point on this--this is just my opinion!]

Anyways...I know you Reid fans are upset. I was here when there were lots of passionate Bettina fans so I know it's hard to see a true fan favorite not be "the one". But in the end, don't you want the best for Reid, whether that be as the Bachelor or even just finding someone in Philly?? I saw lots of posts denegrating Jillian when Cupcakes made her post. Jillian was called lots of names, her integrity and intelligence were questioned, and the show was called a sham. However, that very night all these posts were filling up the forum here, Jillian and Reid were getting some closure and moving on. Yes, it seemed he was still hurt during the ATFR show but something must have happened to help heal him if he appeared with Jillian AND Ed during Juan & Jesse's party and looked like he was having fun. I have NO doubt he and Jillian will remain friends and that they will always want the best for each other. How is that any different than wanting the best for an ex IRL?? If Reid can move on, then I hope everyone else can as well. He WILL find a girl that is perfect for him, of that I have no doubt.

And Kiptyn...what can I say -- this guy is truly a CLASS ACT (sorry for repeating everyone else's description!) I can't think of another Bachelor who has seemed so sincere and genuine and in the end, just wanted what was best for the person who didn't choose him. I'm sorry he was hurt as well but am positive he'll find the woman he's meant to be with as well.

I'm going to finish this up on a high note (well, a high note for me as an Ed fan). Jillian truly glowed during Ed's proposal and during the ATFR we saw last night. Ed was funny (how could anyone not think his dolphin imitation was a hoot?!?) and his feelings for Jillian were very evident. I'm going to take them at their word that they've learned more about each other during these past 2 months and it's only made them stronger. How many of us Andy & Tessa fans were hoping for the same! I'm looking forward to Jillian's moving and to seeing how they do as a couple in the real world. I've got a good feeling about them...

One last thing (I know, I know - as if I haven't written enough already!) I want to throw out a group hug to everyone. I don't mean this in a condescending way at all so I hope it'll be received as it is meant. It's been a tough season here on the board but that which doesn't break us makes us stronger. - CSW
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623552;
    She has chosen Ed, she has bonded with Ed, she is having lots of sex with Ed, she is happy with Ed. In hindsight, she will of course remember it as being in love with only Ed at that moment. (Even if not true, she would never say otherwise under any circumstances and hurt her fiance.) However, coming face to face with Reid after a two month absence left her somewhat shell shocked because the unresolved feelings, long ignored, came rushing back. Reid felt it too and it made it more difficult for him as well, because he didn't get closure from their meeting. She will never know what, if anything, she might have done differently had Reid said ILY in Maui; she probably would have kept him over Kip, though; I think she kind of admitted to that. Had he met her parents, who knows? I actually think things ended the way they should have, but whatever Jill says now about how she was feeling then, I take with a grain of salt because there is only one answer she can give that is appropriate.
    A great post and so true!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3623545;
    Oh last words... last words....

you know... rather than last words about Jillian and Ed (I give it a year) or the precious Kiptyn (a seriously classy guy - I wouldn't want you but I KNOW thousands of other women will) or even the precocious Reid (I heart this one more than any other contestant in B/Bette history) I'd like to say a few last words (at least for this season) to the REST OF YOU!

For some bizarre reason the last few weeks of each of the last few seasons (Deanna, Jason, and now Jill) have coincided with love losses/lay-offs/ and lulls in my version of the real world. And while on the one hand FORT and these shows are nothing more than a fun distraction - on the other they've been a much MUCH needed one for me. I love hearing all of your thoughts (and I LOVE getting the inside dish from all of you Super Sleuthers!) and more than that I just love being part of such a truly fun (and truly genuine and genuinely funny!) community. So a big THANK YOU to all my fellow FORT-ERS. You've made a rough time MUCH more bearable for me. You're the best!
    My best to you in what hopefully are better days ahead.

Originally Spoken by Kiptyn

I’ve seen a lot of her interviews and she looks genuinely happy, so that gives me closure. I really do want the best for her, so to hear that she’s absolutely in love and on cloud nine and excited about the future makes it easier for me to be ok with how it ended.
    Very fitting for the Final Words Thread.

Thanks to StanleyCupCanes for posting in the Media Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cheyenne~;3621417;
    Nobody is going to watch "More to Love"? Another Fleiss drama. It even shows the girls weight on the screen. LOL
    Just read this to my dear one and he laughing said " on the next bach are they going to post cup size and on b-ette will the screen show inches or centimeters so the number will be impressive' Just thought you would enjoy the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3623051;
    For me, that's a legitimate question for any of them... imo there's nothing right about it happening outside of marriage, period, and yet the searching-for-love-story idea is so compelling .... so here's my final impression for what it's worth:

I got interested this season, after watching parts of the last few out of curiosity, as a fellow Candadian of Jill's.... intrigued to follow the fun dating of these young, "beautiful" people in adventures/places which I (pro career given up to be stay-at-home mom on single income 14 yrs and counting) could only dream about. And signed up on FORT (first and only time on any board) to enjoy "getting to know" all the participating personalities, the innocent sleuthing and witty commenting by so many of you.... well done!

But I confess, if nothing else this show shines light on my own hippocrisy.... I am feeling simultaneously repulsed by how tptb drive their agenda highlighting the booze, immodesty, crude talk, and sexual immorality......... yet intrigued, like you all, caught up in continuing to watch faithfully, cheering Jill on to rise above "tacky" and track down some integrity among the trash and fluff. What a dicotomy!!! Well done MF, to impact me this way..... but someday maybe you'll realize TRUE ratings in this troubled real world, would soar without the shams, lies, promiscuity, and manipulations... raising the standard could shock even you.

Now is head-shaking time.... I think Jill missed out on the right path when she let who seemed what I call the 'honourable' guys.... because they were naiive (maybe), but honest, mature, prudent, stable, and gentlemen..... go so early (highschool coach guy, Sasha, baseball Mike, Jesse, Jake, etc, come to mind)..... and she seemed happy to comply with pressure/agenda/script, as is implied in every thread, to pursue acquaintance with some real jerks and lose her time with sound "husband-material" guys. Yes, I know... that was her contract, for "drama", not REAL reality TV.

Now I'm thinking "birds of a feather".... wisdom, balance, right priorities, maturity, dependability, and honesty SHOULD have been her goal if she was serious about marriage forever.... so maybe, being not so serious after all, 'turn-around-Ed' is in fact a better match, and Reid dodged a bullet. It's a big diamond after all,..... and a "party" that she prefers.... but seems rooted in a shallowness which I fear isn't destined to last long.

Reid and possibly Kip were the only worthwhile husband material who lasted, imo..... but I think now that maybe they are too classy for her 'needs'..... I don't wish her ill, but now join the ranks of the jaded & disappointed viewers starved for a clean love story..... do I stay or do I go.... my hipocrisy needs to stop, whether MF stops his or not.

Regards to all of you, and thanks for this interesting venue.
    Beautifully-written post! And I struggle with the same hypocrisy in myself. Fingers crossed Reid can navigate these same treacherous waters far better than I am doing currently.... I'd so love it if he could tell TPTB thanks, but no thanks.

MVP goes to ....Reid Rosenthal. Whether he was REAL or scripted, he was very convincing...a natural. His dialogue surprised and delighted and his delivery had the perfect amount of emotion for the words he was speaking. The phrasing revealed the soul of a poet....were they his own words?

His love scenes were simmering rather than steaming. I never once cringed or averted my gaze. He was able to convey a tender passion with an enveloping hug and a kiss on the clavicle. The silent forehead to forehead extended double hand-clasp with fingers intertwined is about the most
    sensuous visual image of the season..(..more so than the volcanic eruption).
    It made me think that their breathing and their heartbeat and their brain waves were totally in sync. .........He was that good.

Yes yes yes yes yessssssssssss!

Awesome summation. Sigghhhhhhhhhh.

Closed Thread