Closed Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

I don't think there ever really was a problem with his job. Of course he is still there.

FORT Fogey

If all Reid needed was more time to be able to open up and verbalize to her, Jillian could have given Reid that week from Maui to the FRC by taking him rather than one of the other two to the F2.
    The fact that she did not give Reid that extra time when it was hers to give tells me that although she really did care about Reid, subconsciously she didn't care enough.

When he asked her if he had told her he loved her in a timely manner would it have made a difference, she in essence told him that it was Ed.

Jillian had spent 3 days in the mansion with Ed and an extra evening in the FS in Spain. She had spent a good bit of time with him.

We are seeing that culturally Jillian is more like Ed than Reid. My gut feeling is that even if she had taken Reid to the F2 with Ed, she would still have taken Ed as F1 because she relates better to him - rough edges, bawdy humor and all.
    That is not a slam to Reid in any fashion.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jmomof3;3623092;
    Just curious - what ever happened with Ed's job? The one he had to go home for or he would lose it. I don't ever remember them explaining how it was okay for him to come back regarding his work. And then he was able to get all that time off (55 days approx) to spend with her in LA drinking margaritas and swimming? I was just wondering...
    I think they misspoke last night. According to Jill's blog, they actually spent about 5-6 days every two weeks together.

Also, on Regis & Kelly, this morning, Ed said that Jill would be "coming" to Chicago soon. Jill quickly corrected him and said that she would be "moving" to Chicago. Also, thought that without a script from TPTB that Ed was not as into her as he was on the AFTR.

Also, can't remember if R&K or GMA, but the wedding will now be in 12-18 months.

I agree that in the end Ed was more Jillian's type than anyone else. Since Jilly fell for Jason I doubt very much I would have thought Ed was her type. I hate to say it but she seems to fall very easily. She is def one of those girls who can get along with all different types of guys but in the end goes for the one that is the most fun to her and also doesn't intimidate her.

I saw her let guys go that were really great guys but she seemed to think they were too good, (not just Jake-who I can sort of see why she let go) She is a bit insecure and she needed guys to really express their emotions and be in constant physical contact. Ed just played his cards just right. He left which intrigued her and peaked her interest in him. When he got back he went after her without any hesitation. ( I think he did this because he was playing catch up) So while the other two were still holding back and acting basically rationally Ed was saying he loved her and would marrry her.

Reid tried to open up and I still think was very natural with her. However she really pushed him and it was almost embarrassing how much she tried to force him to say ILY and that he would propose on the FD. (probably is a good thing he didn't)

I doubt Jillian even knows what she would have done if Reid had said he loved her on the FD. I do think she felt Kip was a little too good for her, too nice, too perfect and sweet. She took him to a safe f2 even though she had stronger feelings for Reid. I don't for a second believe she had the same intensity of feelings for Kip that she had for Reid. I think she liked him a lot but it was almost too easy, the only thing holding her back was that she might get hurt and once she was satisfied he was really into her he was too easy.

Ed was the guy who was a bit goofy, silly drunk that she could relate to. I think she needed Reid to say ILY ILY and I will marry you but when he didn't she counted him out completely. Still not sure she wouldn't have thought twice about choosing Ed over Reid had he told her that sooner. In the end Ed and Jillian are more alike and I wish them the best, they can make silly Jenga videos together LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3623325;
    Ed was the guy who was a bit goofy, silly drunk that she could relate to. I think she needed Reid to say ILY ILY and I will marry you but when he didn't she counted him out completely. Still not sure she wouldn't have thought twice about choosing Ed over Reid had he told her that sooner. In the end Ed and Jillian are more alike and I wish them the best, they can make silly Jenga videos together LOL.
    But those weren't Jillian's words. She has said, rather emphatically, that she was falling for all three, but in love with one. She has said, rather clearly, that she could "never let Ed go." I would say that my last words about the Bachelorette 5 would agree with those who discuss bias vs. objectivity in sleuthing. Love FORT and its sleuthers but I think (unfortunately) objectivity has been lost this time around.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3622588;
    Originally stated by jlccaz [Sleuthing suffers from bias.]

I should have this engraved somewhere I can be constantly reminded that to be a succesful sleuther, you must take a completely objective view of all information: visual, audio, verbal & even gossip in order to best utilize it when formulating a solution to Fleiss' plotline for next season.

After 4 seasons where I rooted for the wrong people, I think it's time to take a step back and just say No to becoming emotionally attached to any of these guinea pigs.
    I feel this season has been great. Just like with last season with Jason and Molly we have a love story here. What makes it great is that this season depicted a classic love story. Ed was the only true one for her. My feeling is, Kip got caught in the moment. He knew Jillian could be that someone. I do not think he was 100% she was that someone.

I feel Kip has a comfortable job and does not know how it is to struggle to make it. Jillian's work ethic may be too much for him and Reid even. They may have had fun for some months, but I did not see it working between them. They may be both outdoor types, but there was not much dialogue between them. When the sexual chemistry fizzled I do not think they could sustain a relationship. Especially with Kip's sister whispering into his ear.

Poor Red. He seemed to be in dreamland. He had worked everything out in his head and come to his conclusions according to what he thought and felt and thought the whole world just evolved around him. I found him quite sad. 2 months is past and he is still bitter. I feel he and Jillian will have gotten together and the relationship will have fizzled out as his other relationships, because Jillian should be able to read what is going on in his head. I wonder what the working arrangements will have been like too. With Reid and his brothers working in the family business and Jillian having to just fall in;. Jillian is too high energy for that.

With Ed, they have the same background. same work ethics, both have made it on their own. Both are industrious and go getters and confidnt in a bulls**t kind of way. Both love hot dogs and beer etc. With Kioton was wine and holding the glass correctly by the stem only. When with Kipton, Jillian has to mind her q's and q's, where to put the fork, how to eat peas etc. With Ed, she can be herself. They do fit.

OKay. This is what tptb made us see. I agree it is not good to have a favorite when sleuthing. Usually the season starts great, we have insider information about dates, locations, the contestants etc and we just dig in sleuthing. After a while some start having favorites, We do not realize they are writing as fans and not due to inside information so start loving the ones they love or hating the ones they dislike. All because we think they know more than they are telling us. Before we know what we are snared and the cat fight begin. I am not saying it is their fault. Just that people take their view point.

sorry if I entered into the fray. I was concerned for the contestants, so started defending the one who was being vilified and lied about and ended up doing the same thing.

Anyway, there are some great old time sleuthers here like Bloomers, Cupcakes, KatashaDiva, Anders332, Jlccaz, Ryvetted,and Capegal to name a few. Wouldn't it be great if we remained without favorites next season. I believe we will all do a better sleuthing job on the sleuthig threads,

Anders332, Just logic, cantstopwatchin,
    I dig your posts. They are so objective and straight. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Living; 07-29-2009 at 06:16 PM.

My last thoughts: I was a fan of all 3 guys from the very beginning - started supporting Ed more towards the end mainly because he was getting bashed (and Jillian along with him) and I always tend to root for the underdog. That said, I tried very hard to learn more about the edit from Bloomers this year and will continue to do so next season and that, I find, truly interesting. I have so much admiration for the sleuthing skills of many here at FORT and will try to contribute in a minor way whenever I am able - I just don't have the patience for searching that so many here do. THANKS - I WILL MISS MANY OF YOU.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

addison h.

Oh last words... last words....

you know... rather than last words about Jillian and Ed (I give it a year) or the precious Kiptyn (a seriously classy guy - I wouldn't want you but I KNOW thousands of other women will) or even the precocious Reid (I heart this one more than any other contestant in B/Bette history) I'd like to say a few last words (at least for this season) to the REST OF YOU!

For some bizarre reason the last few weeks of each of the last few seasons (Deanna, Jason, and now Jill) have coincided with love losses/lay-offs/ and lulls in my version of the real world. And while on the one hand FORT and these shows are nothing more than a fun distraction - on the other they've been a much MUCH needed one for me. I love hearing all of your thoughts (and I LOVE getting the inside dish from all of you Super Sleuthers!) and more than that I just love being part of such a truly fun (and truly genuine and genuinely funny!) community. So a big THANK YOU to all my fellow FORT-ERS. You've made a rough time MUCH more bearable for me. You're the best!

Quote Originally Posted by melrose place;3623517;
    But those weren't Jillian's words. She has said, rather emphatically, that she was falling for all three, but in love with one. She has said, rather clearly, that she could "never let Ed go." I would say that my last words about the Bachelorette 5 would agree with those who discuss bias vs. objectivity in sleuthing. Love FORT and its sleuthers but I think (unfortunately) objectivity has been lost this time around.
    She has chosen Ed, she has bonded with Ed, she is having lots of sex with Ed, she is happy with Ed. In hindsight, she will of course remember it as being in love with only Ed at that moment. (Even if not true, she would never say otherwise under any circumstances and hurt her fiance.) However, coming face to face with Reid after a two month absence left her somewhat shell shocked because the unresolved feelings, long ignored, came rushing back. Reid felt it too and it made it more difficult for him as well, because he didn't get closure from their meeting. She will never know what, if anything, she might have done differently had Reid said ILY in Maui; she probably would have kept him over Kip, though; I think she kind of admitted to that. Had he met her parents, who knows? I actually think things ended the way they should have, but whatever Jill says now about how she was feeling then, I take with a grain of salt because there is only one answer she can give that is appropriate.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3623552;
    She has chosen Ed, she has bonded with Ed, she is having lots of sex with Ed, she is happy with Ed. In hindsight, she will of course remember it as being in love with only Ed at that moment. (Even if not true, she would never say otherwise under any circumstances and hurt her fiance.) However, coming face to face with Reid after a two month absence left her somewhat shell shocked because the unresolved feelings, long ignored, came rushing back. Reid felt it too and it made it more difficult for him as well, because he didn't get closure from their meeting. She will never know what, if anything, she might have done differently had Reid said ILY in Maui; she probably would have kept him over Kip, though; I think she kind of admitted to that. Had he met her parents, who knows? I actually think things ended the way they should have, but whatever Jill says now about how she was feeling then, I take with a grain of salt because there is only one answer she can give that is appropriate.
    That is basically exactly what Chris Harrison said in his blog. Interesting.

Closed Thread