Closed Thread
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3634806;
    And Fleiss wanted Ed as the F1 instead of Reid? This makes no sense to me, that Fleiss, after Reid dropped down on one knee and proposed, cared one way or the other that Jillian said yes or no. All Fleiss cared about was an ending with a proposal ... not who it came from. IMO
    Ed is more useful as F1 when a potential The Bachelor like Reid is available.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3634781;
    I'm so confused about who had the girlfriend.

1. Wes is edited that he has a girlfriend. Tanner blew the whistle. Wes says some very strange things at the RC (about having sex that night after he leaves), and some even stranger things in his DOD. At the MTA, others confirm that Wes told them he has a girlfriend. Wes now denies it all, when the publicity wasn't going the way he thought it would, and starts losing gigs and popularity.

2. Ed is edited not to have a girlfriend. He was one of the guys sitting there when Tanner revealed he was going to tell Jillian about the girlfriend issue. Tanner recently says he is standing up for Ed. Rumors are that Ed has/had a girlfriend. The articles say he broke it off with her 1 week before going on TB. RS says that the gf won't come forward.

3. Jake is edited as the "perfect" guy. He comes back to tell Jillian that Wes has a girlfriend (confirming what Tanner has said). Now there are rumors that Jake is married.

4. CH says that Jillian and Ed are doing great, and don't listen to the "silly rumors". Fleiss doesn't care much about the contestants usually once he's done with them ... but, if there is truly a love connection between Ed and Jillian, he will want to keep both of them in good graces while he tries to manipulate them for a televised wedding.

Bottom line ... who cares if Ed had a girlfriend. I would be concerned more about him if he wasn't dating anyone when he went on the show ... I will also add who cares if Wes has/had a girlfriend. It's a dating show, and unless someone is engaged, dating more than one person at a time is acceptable behavior last time I looked.
    Jillian does not seem to care; on the other hand, there is a significant number of people on this board and others who do care.

Personally? Considering all of the dissention, I am still trying to understand why existing relationships is not given the same priority as existing social diseases when candidates are screened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3634806;
    And Fleiss wanted Ed as the F1 instead of Reid? This makes no sense to me, that Fleiss, after Reid dropped down on one knee and proposed, cared one way or the other that Jillian said yes or no. All Fleiss cared about was an ending with a proposal ... not who it came from. IMO

Not if Fleiss wants Reid as his next Bachelor

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634809;
    The problem is firstly that under the terms of the Bachelor contract you are not supposed to be any relationship and secondly, if you go into the show with a relationship that makes your commitment to finding a love connection with the Bachelorette rather weak if not dishonest and thirdly it was an issue to Jiillan who was upset when Tanner dropped his bomb and she proceeded to grill everyone on the issue and fourthly, if any relationship continued after Ed was supposedly engaged to Jillian that also doesn't speak well to the level of commitment therein. Not to mention the leading on other women shows a lack of respect for those women and again does not bode well for the kind of treatment Jillian can expect in the future.

My niece was dating when they invited her to be on; and in fact, ended up marrying the man she was dating. It's a television show ... Jillian herself said that when she went on TB, she did it for the adventure, not necessarily to find love. Most of the contestants have said the same thing ... they did it for the adventure, and didn't realize that feelings would actually ensue (paraphrasing, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3634817;
    Jillian does not seem to care; on the other hand, there is a significant number of people on this board and others who do care.

Personally? Considering all of the dissention, I am still trying to understand why existing relationships is not given the same priority as existing social diseases when candidates are screened.

One word ... Casting.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634819;
    Not if Fleiss wants Reid as his next Bachelor

At the time of the proposal, Reid wasn't a fan favorite yet. Is Fleiss psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3634814;
    Ed is more useful as F1 when a potential The Bachelor like Reid is available.
    But it would have been so much easier to cast Ed as the next bachelor--they wouldn't even have had to have national auditions for the contestants, they could have just 20 former "Friends of Ed" vying for his ardor.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3634781;
    I'm so confused about who had the girlfriend.

Bottom line ... who cares if Ed had a girlfriend. I would be concerned more about him if he wasn't dating anyone when he went on the show ... I will also add who cares if Wes has/had a girlfriend. It's a dating show, and unless someone is engaged, dating more than one person at a time is acceptable behavior last time I looked.
    ITA, every guy would have had an ex-GF or two or three.
    For Deanna's show, this board was running rampant that Jesse had a girlfriend and he supposedly had phoned her and dumped at F3 or F2! This was by way of 'sleuthing' only and in the end, that turned out to be false.
    So I wouldn't be surprised to hear that TPTB decided to introduce this scenario this time around themselves! And they took full advantage of infamous quotes by Wes in various PI's! He was probably so intent on promoting himself and his music that they had a talking parrot to edit from!!
    Last edited by Netcam; 08-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Well if most of the people going on this show are not going because they want to find a love connection, then they are all playing us why should we care if their feellings are hurt because we aren't buying the game then and their game is outed.

You want adventure sign up for The Amazing Race.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634545;
    IMO being a "longtime poster" is not the issue---it is against the policy of this board to allow posters to attack, bait, criticize, etc other posters, therefore no one posting here should "expect" to be attacked or criticized for posting their info or their opinion. No one has to agree. No one has to believe. But other posters are supposed to be off-limits. This board is for discussing the people on the show, not the other posters.
    You have done a wonderful job of making sure that it is only because of Ed and because of Ed's actions that you have posted anything of which you know. It's is all about honesty and integrity which, in Ed's case, may be challenged in the next few days.

Also, you have shown the utmost of respect for Jillian.

Thank you again and know that I support you!
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Closed Thread