Closed Thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1555565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 669

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

  1. #641
    Isn't he cute?! nutty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trying to escape REALITY
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    I feel like I have said this so many times, but it bears repeating....
    I think Cheeky has been one of the fairest people on the board. She has factually reported what she knows (to the point where she could, without losing the trust of her friends). When she started with all this info, she had nothing against Ed, had no reason to have anything against Ed. I am so happy we had someone like her willing to share what she did.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

  2. #642
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3634771;
    If indeed she was teeter-tottering back there with Chris for an hour as we have been led to believe while Reid stood out there along at the FRC site, then all that (the always in the know) Chris would have had to say was, " Ed has been texting/emailing girlfriends beyond what he told you . I am sharing this with you so that you have the best chance for happiness. You have another opportunity to go with Reid and see where love and happiness take you. Take a minute and think it through."
    However, we never saw any evidence of this at all. What we saw is Chris trying to help her sort her feelings out so that she could go back out, reject Reid and accept Ed.
    That is what is known as a CLM: Career-limiting move.

    Dude knows better than that just where his toast gets its butter.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  3. #643
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3634780;
    If Jake was really married at present there would be public record of it. The media would have been on this already if it were true. It's very easy to verify.
    I tend to agree which is why I put it pretty low on the rumour scale...

  4. #644
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3634787;
    That is what is known as a CLM: Career-limiting move.

    Dude knows better than that just where his toast gets its butter.
    I agree. CH warns her and that's not the story Fleiss wants and he'll be fired. CH is an ABC guy and will say what they want.

  5. #645
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3634311;
    Just to back this up, here are links to 2 of cheekychook's posts dated May 17 2009. That's before the season premiere. In these 2 posts cheekychook indicates that Ed had returned home to Chicago in mid April.

    link 1

    link 2
    Must have put the wrong links. They do not indicate anything of what you say above.

  6. #646
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by computer;3634784;
    ------------

    I remember even you yourself saying that it's hard for you to stay objective or that you cannot be objective. And that's what I sensed too.


    Well, as you know you are free to believe or not. Obviously you do not, but many people do due to the various sources of info coming down the pipeline.

  7. #647
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,870

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3634795;
    I agree. CH warns her and that's not the story Fleiss wants and he'll be fired. CH is an ABC guy and will say what they want.

    And Fleiss wanted Ed as the F1 instead of Reid? This makes no sense to me, that Fleiss, after Reid dropped down on one knee and proposed, cared one way or the other that Jillian said yes or no. All Fleiss cared about was an ending with a proposal ... not who it came from. IMO

  8. #648
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    74

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3634771;
    If indeed she was teeter-tottering back there with Chris for an hour as we have been led to believe while Reid stood out there along at the FRC site, then all that (the always in the know) Chris would have had to say was, " Ed has been texting/emailing girlfriends beyond what he told you . I am sharing this with you so that you have the best chance for happiness. You have another opportunity to go with Reid and see where love and happiness take you. Take a minute and think it through."
    However, we never saw any evidence of this at all. What we saw is Chris trying to help her sort her feelings out so that she could go back out, reject Reid and accept Ed.
    I hate to say it, because at times he comes across as very earnest and clever, but at the end of the day Chris Harrison is employed by the folks at ABC. I believe he is going to follow whatever script they give him no matter how much he likes or dislikes any of the contestants on a personal level.

  9. #649
    FORT Fan ibelieveinluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Posts
    71

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3634789;
    Being an observer and reading some of these posts that are baiting and accusing other posters are not within the rules of this forum, as how I understand them. The baiting and tone of these posts have totally went over the limit to disrespect.
    I agree. And I would just like to repost the following from sushifan who pretty much hit the nail right on the head regarding the debate we've been having all afternoon:

    Secondly, this isn't a court of law. (Though, incidentally, there are lots of cases in which hearsay is perfectly admissible in court. In addition, hearsay is admissible as evidence in many other judicial proceedings, such as grand jury deliberations, probation hearings, parole revocation hearings, and proceedings before administrative bodies. But I digress.) We're operating in the court of public opinion here. As such, every person can judge for him or herself whether to believe the allegations out there about Ed.

    If I were a judge or juror, and this were some sort of civil suit, I would consider the people to whom I have spoken, and the evidence I have seen, to be very credible. But that is a decision I have made for myself. Like others on this board, I'm not going to post everything I saw or heard to help me make that decision. I know full well that that may make me less credible, but so be it. There are many people out there who will never believe the substance of these allegations, even if I were to lay everything I know out on paper, or if/when a more "major" publication goes public with them. And you know what? That's their prerogative. If I were in their shoes, I'm not sure I'd believe me either. Sometimes truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

    I appreciate that everyone is trying to figure this out in his/her own way, and I appreciate that most (including the post I quoted above) are trying to do so respectfully. I somehow doubt that enough "proof" will be produced to satisfy everyone, but that's life. We're not being asked to decide a case and no one's personal liberty depends upon us. No one is obligated to prove anything to us, just as we're not obligated to render a decision.

    Incidentally, civil cases are generally decided on a "preponderance of the evidence" standard, meaning that as a juror, I need only be 51% or more convinced of the allegations in order to believe them "true" for legal purposes. I'm more than 51% convinced here.

    Take all this for what it's worth -- I hear this post plus $2.25 will get you a ride on the NYC subway.

  10. #650
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3634781;
    I'm so confused about who had the girlfriend.


    Bottom line ... who cares if Ed had a girlfriend. I would be concerned more about him if he wasn't dating anyone when he went on the show ... I will also add who cares if Wes has/had a girlfriend. It's a dating show, and unless someone is engaged, dating more than one person at a time is acceptable behavior last time I looked.

    The problem is firstly that under the terms of the Bachelor contract you are not supposed to be any relationship, which makes rather perfect sense to me, your heart and your mind should be free to the experience, and secondly, if you go into the show with a relationship ongoing that makes your commitment to finding a love connection with the Bachelorette rather weak if not just being dishonest and thirdly it was an issue to Jiillan who was upset when Tanner dropped his bomb and she proceeded to grill everyone on the issue and fourthly, if any relationship continued after Ed was supposedly engaged to Jillian that also doesn't speak well to the level of commitment therein. Not to mention the leading on of other women shows a lack of respect for those women and again does not bode well for the kind of treatment Jillian can expect in the future.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.