Closed Thread
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

FORT Fan

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634724;
    Saying he may not have had any good moments to show was, first of all, said rather sarcastically and not as a factual offering. If he was drunk that night during filming it is entirely possible that there was no "better" footage they could have used. Obviously they have shown enough "good" footage of him for tons of viewers to have formed the opinion that he is the greatest catch ever. That view is also an opinion, not a fact.

I have never called him a loser, an alcoholic or a bad person---you stated that I had, so I corrected you---that's all.
    ------------------

and that is exactly why I said you lost your objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa999;3634748;
    If info comes out that Ed had the girlfriend problem, then it makes Wes look better (not saying Wes is divulging any info or anything).
    No, it doesn't. It makes two people look like they are totally disingenuous instead of one.

I don't get how Ed's behavior could somehow rehabilitiate Wes.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634755;
    Like the previous post cheeky just posted, when it's opinion about someone, she'll say, IMO. When it's factual information she has, which you may see as rumour, she doesn't post "in my opinion". Like anyone else on here, if you have information about a contestant, then you post it, however much or little you want, that's the point of a message board.
    --------------

Sorry, I still don't get it. Are you angry at me because I call what she told us about alleged gfs a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3634756;
    ------------------

and that is exactly why I said you lost your objectivity.
    So humor and sarcasm can no longer be used by those who have factual information to bring forward? Even in separate posts? I don't see how my making a sarcastic comment about Ed shows a lack or loss of objectivity---I make sarcastic comments about everyone at one time or another, including myself.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3634734;
    I'd like to know too, because as far as I am concerned just going by the edit, this season doesn't make any sense. Part of me thinks they knew and tried to change Jillian's mind but (as per CH) she was too stubborn and infatuated with Ed. It's unfortunate for Wes that they used him and his flaws to an extreme to make a point, and it the end show Ed the finger....
    If indeed she was teeter-tottering back there with Chris for an hour as we have been led to believe while Reid stood out there along at the FRC site, then all that (the always in the know) Chris would have had to say was, " Ed has been texting/emailing girlfriends beyond what he told you . I am sharing this with you so that you have the best chance for happiness. You have another opportunity to go with Reid and see where love and happiness take you. Take a minute and think it through."
    However, we never saw any evidence of this at all. What we saw is Chris trying to help her sort her feelings out so that she could go back out, reject Reid and accept Ed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3634666;
    If they knew, why did they let their bachelorette go unsuspecting to the very end in the manner in which she did?
    Maybe they tried, maybe she didn't believe them, maybe she loved Ed the most so they went with this storyline, and maybe they just flat out don't care who gets hurts. My vote is for the latter. They just don't care who gets hurt. Never have and never will. This is all just a business for them.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634762;
    So humor and sarcasm can no longer be used by those who have factual information to bring forward? Even in separate posts? I don't see how my making a sarcastic comment about Ed shows a lack or loss of objectivity---I make sarcastic comments about everyone at one time or another, including myself.
    ----------------

would you accept that people who love Ed , since they know what you posted about Ed might see that differently and not as a harmless joke?

FORT Fogey

If Jake was really married at present there would be public record of it. The media would have been on this already if it were true. It's very easy to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa999;3634748;
    "I have asked this before but have not seen an answer---maybe I missed it. What on earth does Ed's behavior have to do with Wes? And how is Wes under any "pressure" now? Is anyone actually still even talking about Wes at all? Forgive me if I've just missed the posts that have addressed this---I've had very limited computer access for the past 10 days".
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Wes has been trying to defend himself for weeks now in interviews and on RS's site, and on Youtube by saying it wasn't him who had the girlfriend and that he was edited to make him look like the bad guy. If info comes out that Ed had the girlfriend problem, then it makes Wes look better (not saying Wes is divulging any info or anything). He said he has lost gigs because of all of this. And he has been harassed because of it. Laurel even has had threatening phone calls. So that's his "pressure".
    I'm so confused about who had the girlfriend.

1. Wes is edited that he has a girlfriend. Tanner blew the whistle. Wes says some very strange things at the RC (about having sex that night after he leaves), and some even stranger things in his DOD. At the MTA, others confirm that Wes told them he has a girlfriend. Wes now denies it all, when the publicity wasn't going the way he thought it would, and starts losing gigs and popularity.

2. Ed is edited not to have a girlfriend. He was one of the guys sitting there when Tanner revealed he was going to tell Jillian about the girlfriend issue. Tanner recently says he is standing up for Ed. Rumors are that Ed has/had a girlfriend. The articles say he broke it off with her 1 week before going on TB. RS says that the gf won't come forward.

3. Jake is edited as the "perfect" guy. He comes back to tell Jillian that Wes has a girlfriend (confirming what Tanner has said). Now there are rumors that Jake is married.

4. CH says that Jillian and Ed are doing great, and don't listen to the "silly rumors". Fleiss doesn't care much about the contestants usually once he's done with them ... but, if there is truly a love connection between Ed and Jillian, he will want to keep both of them in good graces while he tries to manipulate them for a televised wedding.

Bottom line ... who cares if Ed had a girlfriend. I would be concerned more about him if he wasn't dating anyone when he went on the show ... I will also add who cares if Wes has/had a girlfriend. It's a dating show, and unless someone is engaged, dating more than one person at a time is acceptable behavior last time I looked.
    Last edited by Bet2Win; 08-03-2009 at 05:51 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634724;
    Saying he may not have had any good moments to show was, first of all, said rather sarcastically and not as a factual offering. If he was drunk that night during filming it is entirely possible that there was no "better" footage they could have used. Obviously they have shown enough "good" footage of him for tons of viewers to have formed the opinion that he is the greatest catch ever. That view is also an opinion, not a fact.

I have never called him a loser, an alcoholic or a bad person---you stated that I had, so I corrected you---that's all.
    ------------

I remember even you yourself saying that it's hard for you to stay objective or that you cannot be objective. And that's what I sensed too.

Closed Thread