Closed Thread
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Anyone remember the Melinda Duckett case? When her son, Trenton, went missing, she had an e-mail from her ex threatening her and Trenton's safety.

Lo and behold, forensics discovered that Melinda had hacked into her ex's account, and sent the e-mail to herself.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3634529;
    ..-------------------

I do not understand the bolded part. Can you explain?
    I'm referring to an unemotional recitation of the facts as the person knows them. I am more interested in the information attached to those kinds of reports.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3634521;
    Anyone remember the Melinda Duckett case? When her son, Trenton, went missing, she had an e-mail from her ex threatening her and Trenton's safety.

Lo and behold, forensics discovered that Melinda had hacked into her ex's account, and sent the e-mail to herself.

Just saying.
    lol!

We're not talking about a random poster making acusations here.

very funny though...
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fan

Why would a longtime poster not know that this is how it works. If you post something that challenges the (for some) favorite's integrity, people will challenge your info and some will attack you?

Its like the bachelor, if you go on the show you have to be aware that you might get edited in an unflattering way.
    If you post on a board and say not so nice things (not matter if true or not) about a favorite, you will be critisized. It's that simple.

Yes, I would be offended too if i told my friend whom I've known for 10 years and he wouldn't believe me. But if I told people on a board who do not know me, and they critisized me, I would not be offended at all. I'd ignore it.

I understand that some say longtime posters can be trusted, But if I have the feeling that the longtime poster is posting something without being too emotionally involved or as objectively as possible, than I look at it closely.

If someone's post is too emotional and non-factual, and starts talking rubbish about that person, even if it does not have anything to do with the rumour, then I get more cautious. Not regarding the rumour , but regarding the poster.

I think for me it's not about someone being a longtime poster to believe him more but about that person's posts being as impartial as factual as possible (not regarding the rumour but the person).

When logtime posters start calling a person a loser or that when the person is shown drunk, that that'S because nothing else good about that person that can be shown on tv, then I think the poster is too emotionally invested and that clouds his/her judgement regarding that person (not regarding what that person might have done to some girls, but regarding that person).

Originally Posted by boomer_lady
    You make very good points. I think the issue has taken big proportions this season because the edit (and Jillian herself) made a big deal about who had or not a girlfriend. That she ends up with maybe the one and only guy with a girlfriend amplifies the absurdity of the season and its edit.
    PS. And I will add specially the over-the-top edit of Wes

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634440;
    And there is some question as to Jake's status and that would make it even more absurd as he was the one that informed Jillian about Wes's alleged girlfriend

In other words, we could have all been played.
    What do you mean by "Jake's status"?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3634533;
    I'm referring to an unemotional recitation of the facts as the person knows them. I am more interested in the information attached to those kinds of reports.
    Same here. Taking the emotion out of it (which really says to me that the poster isn't personally invested in the outcome) speaks volumes to me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3634533;
    ---------------

Still don't get it. Do you mean you are interested to know for example that "Ed is a loser" or why someone would call him a loser?

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3634536;
    Why would a longtime poster not know that this is how it works. If you post something that challenges the (for some) favorite's integrity, people will challenge your info and some will attack you?

Its like the bachelor, if you go on the show you have to be aware that you might get edited in an unflattering way.
    If you post on a board and say not so nice things (not matter if true or not) about a favorite, you will be critisized. It's that simple.

Yes, I would be offended too if i told my friend whom I've known for 10 years and he wouldn't believe me. But if I told people on a board who do not know me, and they critisized me, I would not be offended at all. I'd ignore it.

I understand that some say longtime posters can be trusted, But if I have the feeling that the longtime poster is posting something without being too emotionally involved or as objectively as possible, than I look at it closely.

If someone's post is too emotional and non-factual, and starts talking rubbish about that person, even if it does not have anything to do with the rumour, then I get more cautious. Not regarding the rumour , but regarding the poster.

I think for me it's not about someone being a longtime poster to believe him more but about that person's posts being as impartial as factual as possible (not regarding the rumour but the person).

When logtime posters start calling a person a loser or that when the person is shown drunk, that that'S because nothing else good about that person that can be shown on tv, then I think the poster is too emotionally invested and that clouds his/her judgement regarding that person (not regarding what that person might have done to some girls, but regarding that person).
    IMO being a "longtime poster" is not the issue---it is against the policy of this board to allow posters to attack, bait, criticize, etc other posters, therefore no one posting here should "expect" to be attacked or criticized for posting their info or their opinion. No one has to agree. No one has to believe. But other posters are supposed to be off-limits. This board is for discussing the people on the show, not the other posters.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

I have asked for and still looking for an answer regarding the timelime of the emails and texts that have been seen by so many posters on the board. I have not seen my questions answered. Iam willing to convict lol however in order to decide sentencing I would like to know were these texts/emails/phone calls seen and heard by those here on fort Prior to or after May 24th,2009 and if after are they also after the airing of the FRC, thanks to anyone that can answer this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3634537;
    PS. And I will add specially the over-the-top edit of Wes

What do you mean by "Jake's status"?

I believe there is some rumor going around that Jake is married.

Closed Thread