Closed Thread
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Netcam;3634423;
    ITA.
    Some here may want to take note the recent legal issues that have been brought against users of Twitter and Facebook.
    Are you talking about the fact that you have to be careful on your own Facebook page because it can be used as evidence against you this has happened in Canada because Facebook is considered public as is twitter

you put your personal business on Facebook and Twitter and you don't utilize the privacy function you are stating your business for public consumption

I know Facebook was trying to fight a subpoena....and it lost at least at the first instance

and if it is public you are entitled to sleuth it as many do

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3634430;
    You make very good points. I think the issue has taken big proportions this season because the edit (and Jillian herself) made a big deal about who had or not a girlfriend. That she ends up with maybe the one and only guy with a girlfriend amplifies the absurdity of the season and its edit.
    And there is some question as to Jake's status and that would make it even more absurd as he was the one that informed Jillian about Wes's alleged girlfriend

In other words, we could have all been played.

FORT Fanatic

^^ i'm referring to the recent defamation claims, the Canadian Facebook thing is related to privacy of personal information.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634332;
    I read the ladder19 or ladder 15 club thing about Reid from the alphabet board, the poster did not say girls were all over him and it said nothing about him being all over the women either. There were also sightings of Ed at a bar in ATL calling a 19 year old "hott", she posted it on her twitter. There was another post about Ed being spotted at a wrigleyville bar acting like he wasn't in a relationship either. There was a photo of Kip and fort'ers daughter on here too (not implying anything negative here), but just that all guys have been seen out and about. I don't think these things are a very big deal BUT when you keep hearing and reading the same thing about 1-3 girls, texting during filming and after, or these women thinking they were in a committed relationship with Ed - that's serious stuff there. Bar sightings aren't a big deal, but the other stuff that keeps coming up, that's a bigger deal.
    First, I would like to say I believe Cheeky has been honest in her postings. I do however beleive people can and do change when the circumstance is right. So I am interested to hear what is going on with "Current Ed"...not "May 17th Ed".

Second...per bolded above. The reason we keep "hearing" and "reading" the same stories....is really because from all that I have read and heard...it has been the same story...just modified slightly from blog site, to website, to gossip site, to reality tv site...etc. It has been the same story...over and over again. For instance....the Bethany story that came out last week has been posted on numerous gossip sites, "discussed" on many reality sites, commented on by many blogging sites...etc. It is still just one story though....just re-hashed over and over again. Am I making sense. I am not saying its true or false...it could definately be true.
    However, I do see a difference on this board as to how information is delivered and discussed.....FORT at this current juncture..is really is geared up as "anti-Ed"....for lack of a better term.....Any negative information or hearsay is jumped on at this board and discussed through multiple pages. Any contradicting posts or postive or otherwise are posted and ignored or barely touched upon. The opposite is in force at JU for instance....where they are little bit more "pro-Ed"...or Pro Ed and Jillian. They tend to ignore or brush off the negative...even though it may be true. They embrace and discuss at length the positive articles, photos, etc. It has actually been an interesting perspective to see both sides and how we all perceive things differently.

BTW...I agree if the sexting is legit....then we must NOT acquit! Lol...just sticking with the legal theme.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634440;
    And there is some question as to Jake's status and that would make it even more absurd as he was the one that informed Jillian about Wes's alleged girlfriend

In other words, we could have all been played.
    Ah, and here's a great way to illustrate my point that this is not all about Reid love. Unlike Ed, Jake did not "win the girl". But if there's any truth to his alleged marital status, I, for one, would like to know. We are being sold a REALITY show about finding true love. Since we choose to invest our time (and emotions) in said show, we have the right to know if we are being duped by any and all parties involved. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by fiveboysin07;3634462;
    First, I would like to say I believe Cheeky has been honest in her postings. I do however beleive people can and do change when the circumstance is right. So I am interested to hear what is going on with "Current Ed"...not "May 17th Ed".

Second...per bolded above. The reason we keep "hearing" and "reading" the same stories....is really because from all that I have read and heard...it has been the same story...just modified slightly from blog site, to website, to gossip site, to reality tv site...etc. It has been the same story...over and over again. For instance....the Bethany story that came out last week has been posted on numerous gossip sites, "discussed" on many reality sites, commented on by many blogging sites...etc. It is still just one story though....just re-hashed over and over again. Am I making sense. I am not saying its true or false...it could definately be true.
    However, I do see a difference on this board as to how information is delivered and discussed.....FORT at this current juncture..is really is geared up as "anti-Ed"....for lack of a better term.....Any negative information or hearsay is jumped on at this board and discussed through multiple pages. Any contradicting posts or postive or otherwise are posted and ignored or barely touched upon. The opposite is in force at JU for instance....where they are little bit more "pro-Ed"...or Pro Ed and Jillian. They tend to ignore or brush off the negative...even though it may be true. They embrace and discuss at length the positive articles, photos, etc. It has actually been an interesting perspective to see both sides and how we all perceive things differently.

BTW...I agree if the sexting is legit....then we must NOT acquit! Lol...just sticking with the legal theme.
    I guess I see it a little differently, I feel that JU is very Pro-Ed and not much else. There isn't much sleuthing there because the sleuthing info that's been posted is about Ed and since Pro-Ed boards don't like hearing about it, they don't talk about it much there.

Is it better to read and hear the same story over and over or hear a bunch of random stories over and over? If the stories sound similar, maybe there isn't much to make up?!

FORT Newbie

I think it is obvious that many of us are personally invested in Jillian's happiness, as others are equally invested in Ed's happiness. Now what that says about all of us, I don't know, but it is what it is. It is natural for people to want to protect people they care about. I also think it is important for all of us to respect each other's opinions. After all, if everyone had the same opinions and didn't argue with each other, this forum would be incredibly boring.

I do think it is unfair to attack other posters for bringing up facts or expressing opinions. I also think it is sad that people feel like they need to attack the girls involved or even the people reporting the information, just because they don't want to hear it. If there are still sources coming out with new information, then it makes sense to continue discussing it. I think it is safe to suggest that the same would be done with reports about any of the final contestants.

Personally, I believe there is too much information coming from too many different sources, for it to be totally discounted. At the same time, I remain open-minded to additional information that may not have been brought out yet. I do want to believe that all of this happened before Ed returned and that there are innocent explanations for everything, but if not, I would like Jillian to have all the facts so she can do what is best for her. It would be nice if all of that could happen privately, but that's just not the way it works when you are in the public eye.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634502;
    I guess I see it a little differently, I feel that JU is very Pro-Ed and not much else. There isn't much sleuthing there because the sleuthing info that's been posted is about Ed and since Pro-Ed boards don't like hearing about it, they don't talk about it much there.

Is it better to read and hear the same story over and over or hear a bunch of random stories over and over? If the stories sound similar, maybe there isn't much to make up?!
    That is what I said in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Netcam;3634453;
    ^^ i'm referring to the recent defamation claims, the Canadian Facebook thing is related to privacy of personal information.

I see there have been a handful of defamation cases launched based on Facebook pages - you get into all kinds of areas like satire and fair comment when you come to public forums. Tricky area. A lot of the cases seem to involve people setting up fake pages and maligning people that way.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-03-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3634291;
    I totally agree with this post. It seems like when CC had a source re the AFTR that Ed was F1 that there was no question that was true from those that are questioning Ed's GF issues and demanding proof and sources. I guess it is a double standard. They believe anything positive about Ed without question but want "proof" for the negative things. Oh well.
    For me it was something that was easily going to be proven in a few days. It was not gossip on someones personal life. Cupcakes also backed it up with other facts like the order of the men coming out at the frc, what Jillian was wearing at the ATFR and other things. Most of us probably have posters we consider more reliable than others. I tend to believe some over others, but as always sometimes sources are given wrong information. Sometimes what we think we know isn't always the case. The story we have is mostly one sided, the women's. I usually don't buy into the gossip rumors without some sort of proof.

The same could be said about those that believe all the rumors about Ed. I am sure many believe or want to believe because they don't like him. There are still those that insist that Jason broke up with Mel on tv. When, in fact, both Jason and Melissa said it was over before that.

I have been reading boards for a long time. I see it happen every season with this and other shows. Rumors fly, people come one with all the gossip. It is very easy to read this and come on and say oh yes, I know this also. Usually as soon as the speculation starts somehow it gets turned to fact then others start posting the information they know.

Closed Thread