Closed Thread
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634367;
    In response to your post, you did mention that the ex-gfs were jealous. You used jealous and ex-gfs in your sentence. Not sure who these people are that are "carrying the torch for these women and wouldn't even know them if they passed them on the street" are. I'm assuming you're referring to some fort'ers on here posting what you believe to be rumors about Ed.

Let's be careful in general - that goes both ways.
    Did I? I looked over my last few posts and couldn't find the reference to jealous. But then again, I'm getting older so anything is possible. Which post are your referring to? I could have said it, just can't find the sentence where I call them jealous ex girlfriends...?

I'm certainly not trying to single any particular person out, and certainly not specifically FORT posters, but I am trying to understand this sense that I feel of guilty by association with rumours and allegations. I have said repeatedly that this is a real person, with a real family and real job and real life. I just think we need to be careful what gets said as fact and spread around. I try to remember that this is just a silly reality show contestant we're talking about here, not someone in a hugely public position of trust, and bringing them down via the Internet just doesn't sit that well with me. Now these ex-girlfriends, if they want to pursue things with him, then that is indeed understandable and certainly their business to do so. Is it mine? Nope.

FORT Fogey

I guess without editing, contrivance, manipulation and flat out lying, ABC cannot deliver what it tries to promise. A love story.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634379;
    I think Reality Steve posted a strong hint about US Weekly as well, I was not surprised when I saw US Weekly, the allegation was a surprise
    He also hinted that this girl, whoever she be, may be using another outlet to "run her mouth." So, he must have heard or knew she was talking to other media machines. Maybe she's going after the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3634384;
    I guess without editing, contrivance, manipulation and flat out lying, ABC cannot deliver what it tries to promise. A love story.
    There's a lot of truth to this statement, unfortunately.
    The last few seasons they seem to up the ante on the shocking twists and turns, perhaps because of their dismal track record?
    It's sad, but I find it helps to view the whole thing with a very cynical eye. I don't watch for the love story anymore, I watch for the "my eggs are rotting!" type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3634384;
    BINGO.

As a journalist stated an article where he reviewed the track record of the series, if people fall in love it is IN SPITE of the show.

In the immortal words of the Supremes, "you can't hurry love".

Or love doesn't follow a shooting schedule.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-03-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3634387;
    He also hinted that this girl, whoever she be, may be using another outlet to "run her mouth." So, he must have heard or knew she was talking to other media machines. Maybe she's going after the highest bidder.
    Can't say that I blame her.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3634330;
    LOL...I am dying just trying to imagine Reid sending a "sext".

GF: I was totally thinking about you this morning
    RR: You were? What does that mean? You're not thinking about me now?
    GF: What are you wearing
    RR: I don't know -- should I wear my glasses? Or not? And do you think Chris Harrison's jacket fits me?
    GF: Ooh baby...I'm eating a big piece of steak and thinking about you
    RR: Just make sure you cook it all the way!!

Thats pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3634266;
    civil cases are generally decided on a "preponderance of the evidence" standard, meaning that as a juror, I need only be 51% or more convinced of the allegations in order to believe them "true" for legal purposes.
    Never thought I'd read about preponderance of the evidence on a bachelor(ette) board!

<---currently attending the American Institute of Paralegal Studies.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3634332;
    I read the ladder19 or ladder 15 club thing about Reid from the alphabet board, the poster did not say girls were all over him and it said nothing about him being all over the women either. There were also sightings of Ed at a bar in ATL calling a 19 year old "hott", she posted it on her twitter. There was another post about Ed being spotted at a wrigleyville bar acting like he wasn't in a relationship either. There was a photo of Kip and fort'ers daughter on here too (not implying anything negative here), but just that all guys have been seen out and about. I don't think these things are a very big deal BUT when you keep hearing and reading the same thing about 1-3 girls, texting during filming and after, or these women thinking they were in a committed relationship with Ed - that's serious stuff there. Bar sightings aren't a big deal, but the other stuff that keeps coming up, that's a bigger deal.
    Just to clarify:
    That photo was taken in the Switchfoot charity event, in late June, way after the show finished taping.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Newbie

Has anyone analyzed this? I know this is old news but I found it interesting that Jillian didn't answer Reid's question (I posted the video below as well):

Jillian sat on the couch with Reid Rosenthal, the handsome, but reserved Philadelphian, who made a surprise return on the show’s finale and professed his undying love to Jillian before actually proposing.

“When I came back, was there a part of you that wanted to say ‘yes’?” Reid asked Jillian. She answered: “I think you know I knew that when I let you go I wasn’t ready to let you go.”

Jillian then thanked him for returning on the finale, but admitted that having to reject him again was “heartwrenching.” Said Jillian: “I still feel hurt and I don’t want him to hurt”. Reid said he thought his surprise proposal would be a “slam dunk.”

Watch her answer Reid on video at Radaronline.com "VIDEO: The Bachelorette's Jillian & Ed Announce Wedding Plans".

Her answer is still very strange: I feel like I am with the person I am meant to be with "right now". Right now? What happened to a firm "forever"? She doesn't even look at Reid when she says that from her heart. I'm not a body language expert but for her to look away from Reid when she says that, to me means she does not believe what she is saying, she does not believe it.

Since I am new here I got a message that I could not post the Video link at radaronline.com.

Closed Thread