Closed Thread
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3634356;
    also - has US weekly come out with a story about Ed cheating? I've been trying to catch up and I keep seeing this story referenced but I can't find it online.
    No. We don't even know if there will be a story. A poster at the ABC board claimed there would be but it's rare that accurate information originates there.

As I said in an earlier post, IF there is a story in one of the weeklies, then it will be out on newsstands in New York City on Wednesday morning (not tomorrow). Sometimes with the stories more likely to sell copies, there will be teasers leaked on Tuesday. Also, you will sometimes see preemptive rebuttals of stories on the websites of rival publications on Tuesday (Kate Gosselin did this on People.com a couple of months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3634355;
    That's an enormous assumption to make, that by questioning the situation people are automatically suggesting it's "the woman's fault" - of course that isn't the case. I believe I stated in my post that these ex's, whoever or wherever they are, may indeed have a legitimate beef with this guy. If so, then they can do whatever they will do to rectify the situation or make themselves ok with things. All the power to them if they want to do that. It's not my business. It's the people out there who seem to feel it IS their business to carry the torch for these women, particularly if they wouldn't even know them if they passed them on the street, that make me feel uncomfortable. But let's be careful not to put words into people's mouths or to suggest that 'blame the victim' is at work here.
    In response to your post, you did mention that the ex-gfs were jealous. You used jealous and ex-gfs in your sentence. Not sure who these people are that are "carrying the torch for these women and wouldn't even know them if they passed them on the street" are. I'm assuming you're referring to some fort'ers on here posting what you believe to be rumors about Ed.

Let's be careful in general - that goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3634307;
    Check back on who these people were rooting for???? Reid was seen in a bar in Philly with girls hanging all over him two weeks before the show ended....he was really upset....now where was the research on that???....
    Um the finale was filmed a long time ago, in May, so if Reid was in a bar with girls hanging over him in July I don't think that's a problem because he wasn't the one engaged to Jillian.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3634266;
    First of all, it's hearsay -- sorry, I'm a lawyer.

Secondly, this isn't a court of law. (Though, incidentally, there are lots of cases in which hearsay is perfectly admissible in court. In addition, hearsay is admissible as evidence in many other judicial proceedings, such as grand jury deliberations, probation hearings, parole revocation hearings, and proceedings before administrative bodies. But I digress.) We're operating in the court of public opinion here. As such, every person can judge for him or herself whether to believe the allegations out there about Ed.

If I were a judge or juror, and this were some sort of civil suit, I would consider the people to whom I have spoken, and the evidence I have seen, to be very credible. But that is a decision I have made for myself. Like others on this board, I'm not going to post everything I saw or heard to help me make that decision. I know full well that that may make me less credible, but so be it. There are many people out there who will never believe the substance of these allegations, even if I were to lay everything I know out on paper, or if/when a more "major" publication goes public with them. And you know what? That's their prerogative. If I were in their shoes, I'm not sure I'd believe me either. Sometimes truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

I appreciate that everyone is trying to figure this out in his/her own way, and I appreciate that most (including the post I quoted above) are trying to do so respectfully. I somehow doubt that enough "proof" will be produced to satisfy everyone, but that's life. We're not being asked to decide a case and no one's personal liberty depends upon us. No one is obligated to prove anything to us, just as we're not obligated to render a decision.

Incidentally, civil cases are generally decided on a "preponderance of the evidence" standard, meaning that as a juror, I need only be 51% or more convinced of the allegations in order to believe them "true" for legal purposes. I'm more than 51% convinced here.

Take all this for what it's worth -- I hear this post plus $2.25 will get you a ride on the NYC subway

This is why you are the attorney, and I am the educator. The attorney argues his case beautifully, while hopefully the educator states his opinion equally well.

I have tried to respectfully state what I think. When I reflect inwardly, I realize that in having stated what I think, I have no desire to think up another comment on this particular subject to keep it going. What will be will be.

Tomorrow morning thousands of people will wake up in poverty and misery across the world regardless of what I think about this issue, and I need to keep things in the proper perspective.

Again, my apologies to those who have been offended in my search for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jenoy2001;3633649;
    This article was on the Los Angeles Examiner. I don't know how credible this source is.

Link:
    Was Ed Swiderski sexting an ex-girlfriend during the Bachelorette? Video

Title: "Was Ed Swiderski sexting an ex-girlfriend during the Bachelorette?"
    Author: Kristy Stevens-Young

It mentions the girl he was supposedly texting during and after the show, Bethany Steffen, whom he supposedly broke up with right before the show.

I give this relationship another month... tops!
    Let's be absolutely clear here. Regardless of whether this is true, THAT is not "The Los Angeles Examiner." That is Examiner.com -- it is not journalism; it is not even a rag. It is local citizens reporting on local stuff. I would liken it to wikipedia, only with less rigor.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Another thread idea: "WILL JILLIAN STAND BY HER MAN" (in the grand tradition of great political wives)?

Will she form a support group with Tea Leone [apologies if that reference sends you out to Google, but I KNOW you're all dying for a sleuthing project], you know, kind of HER version of Jason Mesnick's "jason's place", for women who love men who "love" too much?

Was it ALL a plot from the start ... her secret ambition to found this woman's support organization??? Will these and other answers be revealed this week? Stay tuned, as the stomach turns!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634337;
    Regarding the bolded---that still wouldn't explain my info. I've never even been to Texas.
    Well that's good to know. Only rumor-mongering liars come from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634361;
    The people that didn't do the research were the Bachelor casting staff or they don't care. I suggest a polygraph next year. And there will be no one allowed access to laptops or cell phones ever again I imagine.
    You'd think they'd learn after that Darva Conger fiasco.

Unless the point IS actually to deceive women.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Actually I have a feeling that Fleiss is loving all of this that is going on now. Fleiss couldn't care less what happens to his "lead" and their "pick" after the show is finished airing. This show is not about people finding a true forever love, this show is about ratings, drama and money in Fleiss pockets. If Fleiss has to throw his lead and their pick under a million busses to get those three all important things, he WILL. Chris Harrison is simply a company man. Do not expect the gods honest truth from him concerning any of the people on this show, the editing of this show, or the true intentions of this show. Chris relies on that paycheck and will say whatever he is told to say to make sure that the paychecks keep coming.

As far as Ed goes and people believing the things about his activities in Chicago, that those people are Reid fans and therefore can't stand Ed, think again. I do not like Reid that much. Is he a nice guy? Probably so. Did he get on my nerves at times? You bet!! Do I like Ed? Never have. I have always thought that Ed was a fake or something worse. There were things about Ed that did not sit well with me. Do I believe the things being said about Ed? Yes I do! BECAUSE I truly, completely trust the ones that have no hidden agenda that have come forward with the information. I appreciate the ones that have put themselves out there for all of the crap that they have been dealing with, because they told what they knew about a guy that was trying to snowball all of us. If information came out about any of the other guys and that information came from the people I trust on this board then I would believe it as well. No matter who the other guy was.

I appreciate what Cheeky, SDL and others have brought forward. I have said this to them before and I will continue saying it. I hope that they can ignore any negative posts or PMs that they may get and continue giving us the behind the scenes info that they get. Again, thank you so much to you all!
    Last edited by sclilred1; 08-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3634365;
    No. We don't even know if there will be a story. A poster at the ABC board claimed there would be but it's rare that accurate information originates there.

As I said in an earlier post, IF there is a story in one of the weeklies, then it will be out on newsstands in New York City on Wednesday morning (not tomorrow). Sometimes with the stories more likely to sell copies, there will be teasers leaked on Tuesday. Also, you will sometimes see preemptive rebuttals of stories on the websites of rival publications on Tuesday (Kate Gosselin did this on People.com a couple of months ago).
    I think Reality Steve posted a strong hint about US Weekly as well, I was not surprised when I saw US Weekly, the allegation was a surprise

Closed Thread