Closed Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3634290;
    I want to know if all these rumors were about Reid and girlfriends which I am sure he was dating before going on the show

....if people would have been so interested in his private life as they are with Ed?

Seems all the people so gung ho on finding out what this girl said and that girl said, and what text they can muster up, and the stories are getting worse and worse defaming his character were all from people rooting for the guy she didn't want though personable and edited favorably .... Reid....

Seems so strange so much effort from people who disliked Ed, or people who may have wanted to take the pressure off of Wes because they were his buddies have found so much "dirt" on this professional, hardworking guy who happened to go on a reality show and fall in love..

Why are they not mentioning how they are totally into family reunions, going to her cousins wedding, and having a wonderful time together??? Where is the research on all of these things....????

...and that is why I am totally suspicious of any "research" these people, who have some vendetta to get Ed come up with.
    Yes of course. If Jillian was about to pick Reid or did pick Reid and we found that Reid had gfs back home and was sexting and so forth we would be killing him. But thats not the case here. In fact, I havent seen or heard one negative thing about Reid at all so if all these rumors about Ed are just that why didnt we have these about Reid or even Kiptyn? Thats just great that they are having a wonderful time together but these rumors cant just be ignored if they are true due to them having a wonderful time.

It's too bad that we don't have a post-show edit analysis thread because so much doesn't sit well with me regarding Ed's edit. Looking back, it's hard not to feel as if an inside joke or mockery was going on with the edit.

Disgusting and other comments about by him about the men
    I don't have a girlfriend
    the E.D. insinuation
    the drunk and potty humor outtakes
    Jimmy Kimmel clip
    the volcano eruption
    Ed better not "fning" disappoint me

Was all of this simply coincidental dialogue and symbolism or was it a retaliatory response by TPTB for getting punk'd by a contestant?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3634296;
    I don't think it matters which guy the info comes out on - if there is someone on the show who is not who they say they are, people are going to try and find them out! It's not an Ed vs. Reid vs. Wes thing at all (IMHO) - I think Cheeky/sdl/whoever would present their info regardless of who it is.
    Check back on who these people were rooting for???? Reid was seen in a bar in Philly with girls hanging all over him two weeks before the show ended....he was really upset....now where was the research on that???

Sdl and Reality Steve are from TEXAS and last year they were so proud of their wimpy men gossip about what was going to come down...this year they had to come up with something...

everthing they mentioned about how the producers were scrambling this year because there was not love interest...what? seems its pretty close to
    Trista and Ryan this year....where were they with that info....

So some girl (who could be some nut case) clues them in on some girlfriend info regarding Ed and they ran with it....and the people on this board who were rooting for Reid fell into hook, line and sinker......they were gloating over the fact .... and now the stories coming out are so unbelievable they are belong in some script for "As the World Turns"....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3634184;
    See, here's the thing in my eyes...whether a bunch of people have 'proof' or not is irrelevant. We still don't know the posters personally who have the proof, nobody has posted anything here that clearly shows some kind of proof, and until they do it's still gossip and innuendo. This seems to me to be nothing more than a local 'scandal' between a group of people who know each other, and unfortunately because Ed went on this stupid show it's now considered national fodder. If these gf's are angry with him and perhaps they would have the right to be, then let them do what they will if that makes them feel better.

I have also been taught to cast a critical eye on information, to look at it from all sides and to then form an opinion. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but just because I don't take some person's claims on the Internet as the gospel doesn't mean I'm trying to be cruel or insensitive, it just means I'm trying to be objective until I see proof, and frankly even then I'll be leery of what I read or hear. This just reeks so much of sour grapes for some reason.

Edited to add...I don't understand why this discussion has been labelled as attacks? I've been on this board for 5 years, and to some here I am considered a trusted posted, but I would never consider someone questioning my statements as an attack or cruelty. It is certainly not meant that way, and I'm truly sorry if people are offended and feel that way. But honestly, people are just trying to suggest that without personally knowing the people involved, and I am saying I don't, then I cannot say something is true or not. Why must we all believe without question?

I'm with Bloomers...if there's 'irrefutable proof' then either we see it and then can discuss it, or else we admit this is still gossip and not necessarily gospel.
    Sweetpea,

Eloquent and very well thought out post.

I personally thank you for that. It seems to me that everything that has been said, accused etc. has all be nothing more than rumor at this point in time. IMO it does not matter who the source is; if they cannot provide the emails, texts etc. it all means nothing. Whose to say Ed wasn't dating at the time? I would expect he very well may have been. IMO Ed is not the kind to go on to national TV and embarass and destroy his family, break his mother's heart (he is very close to his parents and family) and wreck his career.

When I met my spouse forver ago we got engaged after 6 weeks. Prior to that he'd been dating several girls on and off. One in particular was quite upset after hearing of our upcoming nuptials and recent engagement.No I was not pregnant. We simply fell madly in love. My DH was a very elegible and handsome bachelor in town and had many persuers.

In any case she had the gall to actually show up at a family dinner one evening at his parents home! She spread much gossip and multiple rumors that wouldn't end. Two weeks after we had first met for instance he'd stopped by her apartment to wish her a happy birthday and drop off a gift he'd purchased for her before we'd even met. You cannot imagine the phone calls I started to receive! My DH was branded a womanizer and everything else under the darn sun. Yet nothing ever came of all of these "phone calls, rumors, accusations etc." because there wasn't anything. DH was a young, professional and very elegible man who was dating and non committal. He had yet to meet the one. (Of course til he'd met me!)

Moral of the story I am certain there are some unhappy, jealous ex-gf's out there intent on seeing him miserable. Lastly Jillian has stated in numerous interviews that she and Ed have discussed everything and anything at full length with absolutely NO FILTERS. tHIS IS BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM.

Lastly how many times is it that everyone comes out of the woodwork once a person does something on TV to seel their story etc. I guess we will see if the proof of such does exist.

I was and am a Jillian fan who wanted her to find love. IMO she did and just wants to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634298;
    First off, I had a bit of info about Ed before the season even aired. I had never even heard of Reid at the time.
    Just to back this up, here are links to 2 of cheekychook's posts dated May 17 2009. That's before the season premiere. In these 2 posts cheekychook indicates that Ed had returned home to Chicago in mid April.

link 1

link 2

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3634246;
    ITA. Please don't let the demands/insults stop you from posting.

I think that if anyone took the time to scrutinize your posts they'd realize how much effort you put into crafting your posts NOT as rumor-driven but as someone who actually knows a GREAT DEAL more than they have shared...

I admire you cause I know it would be very hard for me to not want to shout to the rafters such injustices.

And I admire you for remaining calm during the veiled attacks.

I'm nervous that your last post makes it sound like you are ready to "check-out" ....please don't let that be the case...

ITA

can I ask a naive question.... have been away and not had time to read all.... COULD SOMEONE SUMMARIZE JUST THE FACTS OF WHAT ISSUE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE... I dont' understand what "revelations'' have happened in the past week, and where things stand now??. Feel very concerned not only for al the FORTERS posting in good faith, but for Jillian et al

I want to know if all these rumors were about Reid and girlfriends which I am sure he was dating before going on the show

....if people would have been so interested in his private life as they are with Ed?

Seems all the people so gung ho on finding out what this girl said and that girl said, and what text they can muster up, and the stories are getting worse and worse defaming his character were all from people rooting for the guy she didn't want though personable and edited favorably .... Reid....

Seems so strange so much effort from people who disliked Ed, or people who may have wanted to take the pressure off of Wes because they were his buddies have found so much "dirt" on this professional, hardworking guy who happened to go on a reality show and fall in love..

Why are they not mentioning how they are totally into family reunions, going to her cousins wedding, and having a wonderful time together??? Where is the research on all of these things....????

...and that is why I am totally suspicious of any "research" these people, who have some vendetta to get Ed come up with.
    If there were rumors this big about Reid, then so be it.

You can't help what information you come accross sometimes. I HIGHLY DOUBT Cheeky, sdl and RS collectively pinpointed Ed from the beginning to attack him. Remember, this information was given to them. Had it been information on Reid, they would have shared it just as well.

Yes, we shouldn't be so gullible as to believe everything we hear, but we shouldn't be so quick to critisize those who do believe. There are reasons why we do.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3634307;
    Check back on who these people were rooting for???? Reid was seen in a bar in Philly with girls hanging all over him two weeks before the show ended....he was really upset....now where was the research on that???

Sdl and Reality Steve are from TEXAS and last year they were so proud of their wimpy men gossip about what was going to come down...this year they had to come up with something...

everthing they mentioned about how the producers were scrambling this year because there was not love interest...what? seems its pretty close to
    Trista and Ryan this year....where were they with that info....

So some girl (who could be some nut case) clues them in on some girlfriend info regarding Ed and they ran with it....and the people on this board who were rooting for Reid fell into hook, line and sinker......they were gloating over the fact .... and now the stories coming out are so unbelievable they are belong in some script for "As the World Turns"....

I'm sorry I found that ever so true but also quite funny!

FORT Regular

I don't believe there is a giant anti-Ed conspiracy. I just believe that people are following the information trail. If there were allegations regarding other contestants--then I believe people would be sleuthing those as well. People spent time researching leads on Wes and his alleged girlfriend. People are simply trying to figure out the true story vs. the story that has been presented. We all should know by now that on this show, nothing is as seems....
    Last edited by totti10; 08-03-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Sentence structure.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

The only thing I think most of us care about is that Jillian made an informed decision and that she is happy. When meeting and dating a man on a TV show, it is possible that you might not be privy to all the details of his life "back home". It is possible that he could be hiding things or someone different than he appears to be. I think the posters here at FORT are just worried about Jillian and what this means for her. I have 2 little girls and, as a Mom, I just want her to be okay. I think the gf's who are coming out with stories now (as well as Cheeky) are just following that "girl code". I have no idea what the complete truth is regarding Ed (although I think more info is coming out soon. . .). As my DH says so eloquently "some men are just dogs". . . I think many of us have started looking for Ed's tail.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Closed Thread