Closed Thread
Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3634200;
    Cheeky, I fully believe you are entitled to your opinion and appreciate that you go out of your way to discover out what you do.

However, sources to the rumor authenticating the rumor is problematic, regardless if the sources are now reading and posting at FORT or not.

Moreover, it has been extended that those "trusted" FORT members have seen said text messages. Have they?

You see, what has been said has never been regarded as, "take it for whatever it is worth", but represented reliable. That is all; simple as that.
    Just to clarify, I have never gone "out of my way to discover" anything. I have not dug for any info at all.

I would address the remainder of your post but I honestly don't understand it. Sorry, I am tired, and I guess that is making rather dense.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3634246;
    ITA. Please don't let the demands/insults stop you from posting.

I think that if anyone took the time to scrutinize your posts they'd realize how much effort you put into crafting your posts NOT as rumor-driven but as someone who actually knows a GREAT DEAL more than they have shared...

I admire you cause I know it would be very hard for me to not want to shout to the rafters such injustices.

And I admire you for remaining calm during the veiled attacks.

I'm nervous that your last post makes it sound like you are ready to "check-out" ....please don't let that be the case...
    Ditto...another Cheeky fan here too! Hang in there and don't let anyone get you down.

Good point Luv, the reality is you can't out your source if they do not give you permission or you will breach their trust and you have lost a source.

The fact is we all have an appetite for spoilers and speculation and the reality is sources who provide spoilers regarding the show are breaching confidentiality agreements so they are sticking their necks out for the rest of us who have this insatiable need to know.

For me what cheekychook and others have posted just jived with my own gut reading, that something was not quite right, some pieces of the puzzle were missing.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3634240;
    WHAT purpose does this exposure serves? Is the intent for Jill to run back to Reid? Who will it hurt Jill or the girls exposing them selves to the media? I personally did not hear Ed mention anything about having a girlfriend or even their names? This really baffles me to no end.
    I don't think at this point it's do have her run back to Reid, as I don't think at this point he could take her back with everything she's said and after seeing her with Ed, etc. To mean the only reason I'd want this info to come to light is:

1 - for Ed to not get away with what he's done
    2 - mostly for Jill to have all info she needs prior to turning down any good opportunities that might be presented to her or uprooting her life to move to Chicago. If after fully knowing entirely what he's been up to, for whatever reason, she chooses to remain with him, then that's her choice. But would really suck for her to uproot her life for him and find out a year later that he wasn't totally loyal or honest

Jill, if you're reading, remember the advice Kip's mom gave you!

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3634240;
    WHAT purpose does this exposure serves? Is the intent for Jill to run back to Reid? Who will it hurt Jill or the girls exposing them selves to the media? I personally did not hear Ed mention anything about having a girlfriend or even their names? This really baffles me to no end.
    I agree, unfortunately it happens every season. Speculation turns to fact, things are twisted and turned, rumors start flying, when will it end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3634193;
    Nationwide, when a scandal begins unfolding, one of the first things that happens is that the public wants to see for themselves the proof.
    Likewise, there are several personal allegations against this man's character that are scandalous and that could have serious ramifications.
    Those allegations demand proof if they are to be believed on a wholesale basis.

I really am sorry for those people who are personally in the pathway, but again when we see these kinds of things play out in the news, we see that people involved along the way are often unfortunately mowed down in the attempt to "get" the person in question.

I apologize for personally offending anyone in trying to get the proof that might help us to bring this issue from heresay to actuality.
    First of all, it's hearsay -- sorry, I'm a lawyer.

Secondly, this isn't a court of law. (Though, incidentally, there are lots of cases in which hearsay is perfectly admissible in court. In addition, hearsay is admissible as evidence in many other judicial proceedings, such as grand jury deliberations, probation hearings, parole revocation hearings, and proceedings before administrative bodies. But I digress.) We're operating in the court of public opinion here. As such, every person can judge for him or herself whether to believe the allegations out there about Ed.

If I were a judge or juror, and this were some sort of civil suit, I would consider the people to whom I have spoken, and the evidence I have seen, to be very credible. But that is a decision I have made for myself. Like others on this board, I'm not going to post everything I saw or heard to help me make that decision. I know full well that that may make me less credible, but so be it. There are many people out there who will never believe the substance of these allegations, even if I were to lay everything I know out on paper, or if/when a more "major" publication goes public with them. And you know what? That's their prerogative. If I were in their shoes, I'm not sure I'd believe me either. Sometimes truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

I appreciate that everyone is trying to figure this out in his/her own way, and I appreciate that most (including the post I quoted above) are trying to do so respectfully. I somehow doubt that enough "proof" will be produced to satisfy everyone, but that's life. We're not being asked to decide a case and no one's personal liberty depends upon us. No one is obligated to prove anything to us, just as we're not obligated to render a decision.

Incidentally, civil cases are generally decided on a "preponderance of the evidence" standard, meaning that as a juror, I need only be 51% or more convinced of the allegations in order to believe them "true" for legal purposes. I'm more than 51% convinced here.

Take all this for what it's worth -- I hear this post plus $2.25 will get you a ride on the NYC subway

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3634141;
    I stated quite clearly on many occasions that I long ago became aware of much more information than I was comfortable disclosing. I will not specify sources or give specific details. People are entirely free to believe or not believe what I say---that is every individual's personal choice, just as it is my personal choice to post or not post details as I see fit.

Since you are questioning things directly I am willing to say directly and without hesitation that
    1.There are NUMEROUS people on this board who have spoken not only to the friends of the GF's but also to the girlfriends themselves.
    2. There is a lot of very concrete proof that has been seen by several people.
    3. There are posters on this board who have been in the company of the girlfriends and were present during phone conversations the girls had with Ed, have seen the texts as they were being sent back and forth, and have read the emails.
    4. Those who are or have become personally involved with these women are simply not comfortable coming forward and divulging the gory details of what they have seen or heard. It is one thing to make general comments, it is quite another to spell out the intimacies of such conversations/arguments/exchanges/etc.
    5. The repeated demand for proof has, at this point, become offensive to me. It insinuates that I have gone off half-cocked all season going on hearsay and babbling to serve an agenda. That is not something I would do. And it is not something I have done.

I have received an ENORMOUS amount of abuse on this board all season, starting when I brought forth the info that Ed went home to Chicago mid season and no one believed me. I have had enough. I wish I had never heard the name Ed Swiderski, because quite frankly he has become a huge pain in my behind. Ed has done a lot of things that have hurt a lot of people. He has left a trail of irrefutable proof behind him. He was a fool to think that he could do what he has done and not have any of it surface.

I realize I still haven't provided you with "proof" but I have said all that I am comfortable saying. I hope you can respect that and understand my point of view on this.
    I'M A NEW POSTER HERE cheekychook AND I FEEL YOUR FRUSTRATION. WHEN I HAVE POSTED ELSEWHERE (DIFFERENT WEBSITES) AND GET ATTACKED I BLOW IT OFF AND I COULD CARELESS ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY AND MOST OF THE TIME I LOOK AT THEM LIKE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED WHEN THEY FIRST OF ALL DECIDE TO TAKE AN ATTACK MODE AND THEN I LOOK AT HOW THEY HAD NO REAL SUBSTANCE TO ATTACK BACK AND THEN DEDUCT THAT THESE ATTACKERS WEAR THEIR EMOTIONS ON THEIR SLEEVES. I ALSO LAUGH WHEN THEY USE VULGARITY, IT ONLY MAKES THEM LOOK WORSE IN MY EYES AND ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS ME. I'VE EXPERIENCED SOME LAME AND MEAN RESPONSES TO MY POSTS OVER THE YEARS WHEN I'VE ONLY POSTED A LINK TO SOMEONE WHO WROTE AN ARTICLE ON THE INTERNET. THE LINK WOULD BE INTERESTING INFORMATION, JUST A SIDE NOTE TO WHAT WAS GOING ON YET THEY BLAST ME FOR POSTING A LINK. I SAY THEY JUST NEED TO GET A LIFE AND REALIZE THEY WERE BROUGHT UP WITH BAD MANNERS SO GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK AND IGNORE THESE LOSERS.

Keep in mind ABC is loving all of this. They may be deleting away over at their board but they are loving it.

costcoholic, i LOVE your avatar, and wish i had found it first. awesome.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3634252;
    Good point Luv, the reality is you can't out your source if they do not give you permission or you will breach their trust and you have lost a source.

The fact is we all have an appetite for spoilers and speculation and the reality is sources who provide spoilers regarding the show are breaching confidentiality agreements so they are sticking their necks out for the rest of us who have this insatiable need to know.

For me what cheekychook and others have posted just jived with my own gut reading, that something was not quite right, some pieces of the puzzle were missing.
    I started out as an Ed fan. But what you have written in bold, is exactly my sentiment.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Closed Thread