Closed Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3621379;
    I would just like to say.......... I was right Sorry it's not nice to gloat but I just had to say it
    Then why do it?

FORT Fogey

Thank you to all of the sleuthers for allowing me to steel myself against disappointment.

This season made me crave Purell. I hope for more real romance next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3621278;
    Best season ever as far as I'm concerned.

Jillian is kind of a modern, earthy girl. Real. So, I think they honestly showed us that. I think they may have gone overboard with the twists, turns and surprises but then again, it did make the entire season feel like a crazy roller coaster ride.

Inside information aside, the season kept us guessing and torn all the way to the bitter end trying to decide who she would chose. Sleuthing is fun and honestly I love figuring out a puzzle or even just knowing how things are going to end, but there was something addictive and heart stopping this year thinking I knew but not being sure.

I don't mind people being thrown under the bus. It makes me root for them. It's entertaining. I loved Wes. He cracked me up. And I could see his appeal. LOVED Ed, and was semi mortified for him, but last night when the red hot molten lava erupted, it made me laugh so hard at the whole story arc.

Once out of the intensity and the drama you realize it's not that big of a deal. Tomorrow there will be a new person being mocked on the SOUP. And Life goes On. I want to feel sorry for the people that get led on, but then I realize A-they signed up for this and B-hardly EVER does anyone seem traumatized by this for long. Proof is that they all bounce back, and 9 times out of 10, they get what they came for...increased public profile to help them in their careers or their lives back home. The producers that we speak so vilely of, more often than not, continue to be their friends.

SO...if you hope for romance but don't expect it. Snark at the absurd, even if it's your guy or girl, and realize that even in REAL LIFE you don't always win the girl/guy. It's so much fun to live vicariously, watch the sharks jump high and long, and the revolving door keep spinning around.

And as much as I wished for it, baby jesus still didn't cry. (even though St Reid didn't win!)
    Phyllie,
    Thumbs up for your post! Thumbs down for those vile producers - even if they are friends of our favorites! I truthfully worried like only a mother can at all they threw at Jillian this season. That is one strong girl! It was really cute to see her so vulnerable last night with Reid and really fun to see her squeal like a little girl during Ed's proposal!

Um...I am glad she picked who she wanted, although it's not who I would have picked. I think she and Ed kiss kinda funny. I mean, he looks like he is about to break her back every time! I do think they should re-subtitle this forum "Ed better not [bleep]ing dissappoint me!" Classic! I won't miss her squealing, but I will miss the sleuthing here with you awesome folks. See you next time around!

FORT Regular

Personally, I'm glad she chose Ed. Thinking about it, she had a solid top three, more solid than other top three's of the past. Some people say this season was a snoozer, but to me what made it really interesting was the fact that all of the remaining three were pretty good matches for her. Though I was hoping she'd choose Ed, if it ended up being Kiptyn or Reid, that actually would have been fine w/ me too.

FORT Fan

Haven't been this invested in this freakin' show since Mer/Ian and really thought I saw it with Reid and Jillian. Reid brings a smile to my face-even when he gets rejected again and again.

Kip deserves all the best!

I can't sleuth worth a darn but love all of you who do!

Thought TPTB gave us just enough rope to hang ourselves until the Ed confirmation came through and then it was a mess.

I started watching this show b/c I thought it was neat to see a real life romantic comedy play out on TV. Of course I know with MF involved there's no way that will happen. So after the past 2 seasons of wasting way too much time on TB, just to be disappointed in the end, I've decided the best way to watch this show is to tape it all, watch the FRC, and then if it seems romantic, go back and watch the rest. That way MF doesn't get his ratings, and I get to skip the drama.

Hopefully I will have the will power to do this next season.

Best of Luck to Jillian!

I'm glad it's over.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3622003;
    I'm glad it's over.
    Me, too! I need to do SO much around the house, plus start packing for vacation. (Should have been doing that today.)

I got sucked in this year much more than I expected. First, because of Jillian, then because of my guys: Kip, Reid, Jesse and Mike.

Sleuthing was a ball and a ballbuster. The producers finally learned how to outwit sleuthers. Stinks. You'd think they'd realize we can't really affect the show (just the publicity, lol). I think next season, if I sleuth again, I'll limit it to the pre-season stuff - ID-ing filming locales, ID-ing the guys, etc. They're messing too much with SCs, edits and VOs now -- so much so that I think we began to see stuff as "faked' that probably hadn't been. MF needs to realize that for a lot of people, sleuthing is 3/4 of the fun of the show.

Anyway, it was a blast posting with you guys.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Originally stated by jlccaz [Sleuthing suffers from bias.]

I should have this engraved somewhere I can be constantly reminded that to be a succesful sleuther, you must take a completely objective view of all information: visual, audio, verbal & even gossip in order to best utilize it when formulating a solution to Fleiss' plotline for next season.

After 4 seasons where I rooted for the wrong people, I think it's time to take a step back and just say No to becoming emotionally attached to any of these guinea pigs.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Closed Thread