Closed Thread
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3632999;
    I'm only aware of RS saying today info will come out this week. He didn't specify a date or who would be breaking the story and what info or proof they have. It's all still a big waiting game.

"I'd say I've had enough Ringling Bros to last me a lifetime. Back to the business at hand. It's coming and it's not good."

"Just looking out for all those who truly get invested in this fake show. Never believe what u see on TV. U will on b disappointed."
    Maybe RS's new info is about the fakeness of the production and not necessarily more Jill/Ed dirt. I'm sure there are a few ringers in every season that are hired for a purpose.
    Also, just because they have to "reshoot" some scenes, I don't think that constitutes scripting. (not to say I don't think there is some "scripting, just don't think that is is.)

Hopefully, Ladies Numbered 1 through infinity with "dirt" on Ed will have the occasion to speak to a parent or GROWN UP, and recognize that there is nothing to gain by outing oneself publicly as having dated or been wronged by an Almost Celebrity such as Ed Swiderski!

Not that he wasn't a cad, and they weren't "done wrong" by their "man," but why on earth would a professional woman working in any field want that information to come up when her name was Googled.

Seriously, if you were her mom or best friend on earth, would you EVER advise her to go "public" to UsWeekly or RealitySteve or anyone else, except to raise RANSOM MONEY to free a loved one held captive by terrorists?!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3633029;
    Hopefully, Ladies Numbered 1 through infinity with "dirt" on Ed will have the occasion to speak to a parent or GROWN UP, and recognize that there is nothing to gain by outing oneself publicly as having dated or been wronged by an Almost Celebrity such as Ed Swiderski!

Not that he wasn't a cad, and they weren't "done wrong" by their "man," but why on earth would a professional woman working in any field want that information to come up when her name was Googled.

Seriously, if you were her mom or best friend on earth, would you EVER advise her to go "public" to UsWeekly or RealitySteve or anyone else, except to raise RANSOM MONEY to free a loved one held captive by terrorists?!!
    I'm sure they will get some money for leaking their story; hence the reason why they won't tell Reality Steve.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

by an Almost Celebrity such as Ed Swiderski!
    I love that description!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

I think RS might be referring to the fans who fell in love with Jill and Ed as a couple. He said similiar things last season as well that people were falling in love with the wrong story. It's not the Jill and Ed fans fault or those who loved Mel and Jason together. You fall in love with what these people show you and how the show edits them. RS clearly wants to expose to TB and the antics they pull but until people stop signing up to do the show Fleiss will keep getting big ratings. I'm sure part of the reason why they had Trista, Dee, Jason, Bob, Jill, etc. back is they know we like them and want to see them fall in love. I don't know if a new person was coming if I would watch anymore.

But the irony is that these reality shows would not exist if people weren't looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Yes even Jillian, even Ed, even Reid. Does a sane professional man or woman want Bachelor on their resume or coming up on Google when you really think about it?

Does any mother want to see that scene in the Fantasy Suite? Were Mrs. Harris and Mrs. Swiderski proud of those moments?

On the other hand, we also tend to see whistleblowers as heroes. In respect to a reality show vs the tobacco industry, indeed.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-02-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3633052;
    But the irony is that these reality shows would not exist if people weren't looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Yes even Jillian, even Ed, even Reid. Does a sane professional man or woman want Bachelor on their resume or coming up on Google when you really think about it?

On the other hand, we also tend to see whistleblowers as heroes. In respect to a reality show vs the tobacco industry, indeed.
    OK...but if I was going to be a whistleblower with ALL that that entailed, I'd expose government fraud/abuse, and get a 25% share of the government's take, and feel good about myself.

I would NOT give an interview to a major news outlet saying that I'd had sexual relations (to borrow a phrase from Bill C.) with an Almost Celebrity like Ed Swiderski, even if HE was a two-timing SOB at the time. Make sense?

It's still about s-e-x. Nice girls don't give interviews about it. Even in 2009.

I have a talk I give to young people entering my profession, where I ask them to be mindful each day of what acts/omissions they engage in, that will one day "go between the commas" after their name when the NYTimes writes a story about them (hypothetically).

Trista Sutter, who once found love on a TV show, ...

[Lyndsey/Bethany/The Other One], who exposed the "winner" of Bachelorette 5 as a two-timing liar, ...

Please. There are OTHER ways to make a name for onself.
    Last edited by jlccaz; 08-02-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3633079;
    OK...but if I was going to be a whistleblower with ALL that that entailed, I'd expose government fraud/abuse, and get a 25% share of the government's take, and feel good about myself.

I would NOT give an interview to a major news outlet saying that I'd had sexual relations (to borrow a phrase from Bill C.) with an Almost Celebrity like Ed Swiderski, even if HE was a two-timing SOB at the time. Make sense?

It's still about s-e-x. Nice girls don't give interviews about it. Even in 2009.

I have a talk I give to young people entering my profession, where I ask them to be mindful each day of what acts/omissions they engage in, that will one day "go between the commas" after their name when the NYTimes writes a story about them (hypothetically).

[Lyndsey/Bethany/The Other One], who exposed the "winner" of Bachelorette 5 as a two-timing liar, ...

I agree...only makes more of a "he said, she said" debate as well. IF there is big news I am hoping for some forth coming dirt to blow the top off the franchise. Someone needs to do an expose on how things REALLY work behind the scenes, the deals, the lies, the farce...

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3633079;

Yeah, Sadly they have nothing to gain, and everything to lose unless their goal is to be objectified by men's magazines or see their name for 5 seconds on Perez.

Even the contestants themselves may gain some higher notoriety for a second but none of it seems to be long lasting.

And the show is entertainment. It's not news. To quote Ed, hehheh, it's a game show. If someone falls in love, it's despite the show, not because of it.

Those behind the scenes photos really do bring it home. Scripted or not...there is nothing real about this process.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3632970;
    I don't see anyone getting pleasure from hurting Jill. RS is a gossip girl and is doing his job and the FoRTers discussing it are worried for Jill, not excited that she might get hurt. I think it's misguided worry because she already knows more than FoRT or RS can tell her imo but nevertheless, that's people's motivations as I see it.

And if RS is for real, then I feel very sorry for Jill that she's going to have weather this storm. I'm sure she's more than ready to accept Ed and his sexting instead of having to deal with the embarassement of her fiance sexting in the media.
    I think the problem is that they are not a normal couple. People who watch the show and get invested in them as a couple feel that they want and need information....and yes, even the real story. I don't care about Jillian and Ed as a couple, to be honest. But I do like sleuthing and I do want to know the truth.

I don't think I would want to go public if I were Bethany or one of the others. However, I think it might be seen as a positive thing to expose a fraud.

Closed Thread