Closed Thread
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3632955;
    Thanks Monkey Doo! I love hearing about Jill and Ed. Please keep us updated. If they aren't worried about it, then I guess I won't be either! It's just so frustrating knowing that there are people out there who are trying to tear them apart. It's sad that people (some) get pleasure from it.
    I don't see anyone getting pleasure from hurting Jill. RS is a gossip girl and is doing his job and the FoRTers discussing it are worried for Jill, not excited that she might get hurt. I think it's misguided worry because she already knows more than FoRT or RS can tell her imo but nevertheless, that's people's motivations as I see it.

And if RS is for real, then I feel very sorry for Jill that she's going to have weather this storm. I'm sure she's more than ready to accept Ed and his sexting instead of having to deal with the embarassement of her fiance sexting in the media.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Ihopeforthebest;3632948;

Tomorrow, Monday, August 3, is the day BIG NEWS is supposed to be revealed, I suspect there will be some proof of the accusations.
    If any of you read about Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick in Detroit, text messaging got him in BIG trouble, and yes, there are records of all text messages kept by the person's phone company, in his case Skytel.

Has RS actually been this specific? Or is this from the article that was posted?
    TIA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ihopeforthebest;3632948;

Tomorrow, Monday, August 3, is the day BIG NEWS is supposed to be revealed, I suspect there will be some proof of the accusations.
    If any of you read about Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick in Detroit, text messaging got him in BIG trouble, and yes, there are records of all text messages kept by the person's phone company, in his case Skytel.
    Can somebody please tell me exactly who the sites are, exactly what they are promising they have, and when they are promising to share whatever it is they are saying that they have?

It is most obvious that Ed acted w/o wisdom and discretion; however, what it looks like we have here is a courtroom full of zealous spectators, a jury of his peers for an accused perp who isn't here to face them; a witness who is a friend of a friend of a victim who isn't here to face the accused who isn't here either; 3 friends of another victim who isn't here to face the accused who isn't here, a friend of a production member who also isn't here to face the accused, and no visual evidence with which to convict the accused perp who isn't here.
    Is this what is called a kangaroo court?
    Last edited by Bloomers; 08-02-2009 at 08:03 PM.

FORT Fogey

I saw the Jake rumor posted on some site but conveniently you can't get into the site they mention to verify unless you live in that community. If he really was married they would just post the wedding announcement or wedding pic. And I believe marriages are public record so someone could go that route to get the info as well. While I agree that reality shows aren't always real pretty sure this is a rumor. If not it could be one hell of a rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3632979;
    Can somebody please tell me exactly who the sites are, exactly what they are promising they have, and when they are promising to share whatever it is they are saying that they have?

It is most obvious that Ed acted w/o wisdom and discretion; however, what it looks like we have here is a courtroom full of zealous spectators, a jury of peers for an accused perp who isn't here; a witness who is a friend of a friend of a victim who isn't here to face the accused who isn't here either; 3 friends of another vicitim who isn't here to face the accused who isn't here, a friend of a production member who also isn't here to face the accused, and no visual evidence with which to convict the accused perp who isn't here.
    Is this what is called a kangaroo court?

I think it is called reality TV fallout at its' best!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoo;3632953;
    i have already said i am sorry i did not tell you who i was in feb because i didnt want to admit that i personally knew jill - i wanted to keep you all in the loop and there was no reason to tell you that i knew her personally - now i need for you to trust me thats why i came out - you can pm me and i will prove it to you.

I did indeed pm you several minutes ago...... TIA

ETA: Oooops, it appears you hopped offline after I pm'ed you. Maybe next time??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3632975;
    Has RS actually been this specific? Or is this from the article that was posted?
    TIA
    I don't think RS ever said it would be tomorrow. I think he said this week. And he didn't say what specifically was coming out or who was bringing the news about either.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymicki;3632943;
    RS tweeted again "...its coming and its not good," and "Never believe what u see on TV. U will only b disapointed." He sounds very sure of himself. Makes me think that whatever out there is more than just a rumour (of course, there were many things this season that have made me think that). I really do wonder if Jillian knows the whole story already.
    Whether or not one likes or believe Reality Steve he is certainly stating the obvious which is reality TV is to a degree, some shows more than others, phoney, fake. I mean I love it when they caught out those silly people on The Hills redoing goodbye scenes at the airport. That is one show that is supposedly following real people and for something that is clearly scripted, it is still as dull as dishwater to me. Maybe they need to bring in the Bachelor team to spice it up.

Once there is a video camera involved, nothing is truly "real". Only very experienced and good documentary filmmakers are able to film real life with the minimum of interference and even they acknowledge that the camera has an influence on people's behaviour. Then add all the trappings of a show like Bachelor. Come on.

PS Michael Moore is not one of them, he is notorious for scripting stuff.

I was reading an article on this season today and the author was right, if anyone actually falls in love on this show it is IN SPITE OF THE show, not because of it.

And I, for one, am all for exposing the hypocrisy and the manipulations of this show so maybe finally people will just give up on it. In fact maybe more people are in on the joke than we know. Just accept the show and the people on it for what they are - good non professional actors and who knows maybe be a few professional actors in the mix. Therefore the outcome is neither here nor there.

So expose away, I say.

And here is my last point, all the people who say they are close to the Bachelorette and some of the Bachelors this season - first of all do you think any of them are going to admit to any complicity in any machinations or scripted outcomes of this show, and second, they are all bound by the contract to keep their mouths shut with likely severe financial penalty if they say anything. So it may be only from third parties who aren't at risk that the truth may leak.

Wes has spoken out and he has been taking a huge risk. We will see if ABC pursues action vs him or not. I do believe he was treated unfairly and you can see how upset he'd be if he was crucified for the same behaviour as Ed is now being accused. Remember the whole "who has a girlfriend thing" was a major plot point of the drama this season. So I would not blame Wes and friends for exposing that because then what Wes is saying has more credibility.

Yes everyone should know what they are in for but the reality is they don't precisely because former contestants are supposed to keep their mouths shut. Even Jillian who went through this once before, was not edited always in a favourable light this season.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-02-2009 at 08:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3632979;
    I'm only aware of RS saying today info will come out this week. He didn't specify a date or who would be breaking the story and what info or proof they have. It's all still a big waiting game.

"I'd say I've had enough Ringling Bros to last me a lifetime. Back to the business at hand. It's coming and it's not good."

"Just looking out for all those who truly get invested in this fake show. Never believe what u see on TV. U will on b disappointed."

So what are they going to show? Their sexting e-mails and texts? Goodness, I hope not. I don't need to see that. If Jillian accepts Ed after being shown proof that he was sexting while he was an engaged man, then she really doesn't have her head screwed on straight whatsoever. I want her to be happy; however, if they show e-mails, etc., it won't be pretty.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Closed Thread