Closed Thread
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 669

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

  1. #221
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by freelancergirl;3631511;
    Never once did I even mention ruining someone's life. And never once did I blame a message board (though I appreciate the snarky tip on self-reflection). I don't think you read my post accurately. I was responding to her calling Jill out on caring that people criticized her online, which I think is a very normal reaction - her caring, that is.
    Thank you for the snarky response! No offense taken, I can't really be upset at an online response from a message board. It was actually a general response to all those in defense of Jillian.
    Last edited by biglove44; 08-01-2009 at 09:55 PM.

  2. #222
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    101

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Well, we'll agree to disagree about what I've said here because I really, really, really don't think that a message board has ruined or can ruin Jill's life - in fact, I'm pretty sure that nothing about this situation, for better or worse - will ruin her life. I've tried to stay out of it, to be honest, only offering personal reflections when I thought they could add to the conversation. That's all. If I said anything about damaging effects of gossip, it was in relation to the ex-gf who I didn't think knew what she was getting herself into.

    Anyway, as you said, not worth getting upset over.
    Last edited by freelancergirl; 08-01-2009 at 10:24 PM.

  3. #223
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    504

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3621379;
    I would just like to say.......... I was right Sorry it's not nice to gloat but I just had to say it
    Well you might not be gloating in 6 months.

  4. #224
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    504

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by jmomof3;3623092;
    Just curious - what ever happened with Ed's job? The one he had to go home for or he would lose it. I don't ever remember them explaining how it was okay for him to come back regarding his work. And then he was able to get all that time off (55 days approx) to spend with her in LA drinking margaritas and swimming? I was just wondering...
    well i read an article that mentioned he was in sales, so I am totally confused about what the heck he does for a living, if anything.

  5. #225
    FORT Fogey noche1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    well i have not gotten into the mosh pit of rumors. i have seen where people say they are afraid to post here. i still have compassion for people on theses shows even if they sign up for it or are "aware" of what they are getting into. it costs me nothing to feel compassion. we all know sometimes we think something is going to go one way and it turns a completely different direction.

    what i really wanted to say is that i always wondered how those people in salem mass burned all those innocent women as witches? i never understood how can that happen? didn't anyone get the group to see what they were doing was wrong? were the ones who thought this is bad, the witch burning, to afraid to speak up for fear they would be burned next? did a lot of good people get carried away and blindly follow the rumors-"witch witch". well i guess i have my answer. it is in our nature to grab onto some rumor that scares us or makes us join a mob of like thinkers. we gather up the wood and toss it onto the fire. when the fire is gone and the person burned up maybe then some of these people thought- "gee maybe this was not a good idea." then again maybe some people thought "oh good, one less witch". i guess we all never learn and just repeat human behavior from the past. at least now i know how it could have had happened. i have learned a lot this season out on the board. who knew a dumb dating show had so much drama?

  6. #226
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    421

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3631615;
    well i have not gotten into the mosh pit of rumors. i have seen where people say they are afraid to post here. i still have compassion for people on theses shows even if they sign up for it or are "aware" of what they are getting into. it costs me nothing to feel compassion. we all know sometimes we think something is going to go one way and it turns a completely different direction.

    what i really wanted to say is that i always wondered how those people in salem mass burned all those innocent women as witches? i never understood how can that happen? didn't anyone get the group to see what they were doing was wrong? were the ones who thought this is bad, the witch burning, to afraid to speak up for fear they would be burned next? did a lot of good people get carried away and blindly follow the rumors-"witch witch". well i guess i have my answer. it is in our nature to grab onto some rumor that scares us or makes us join a mob of like thinkers. we gather up the wood and toss it onto the fire. when the fire is gone and the person burned up maybe then some of these people thought- "gee maybe this was not a good idea." then again maybe some people thought "oh good, one less witch". i guess we all never learn and just repeat human behavior from the past. at least now i know how it could have had happened. i have learned a lot this season out on the board. who knew a dumb dating show had so much drama?
    Well, I'm *pretty* sure Ed isn't a witch...

    Seriously, I think most of the people here aren't 'burning people at the stake' - it is just entertainment, not Salem.

  7. #227
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3631694;
    Well, I'm *pretty* sure Ed isn't a witch...

    Seriously, I think most of the people here aren't 'burning people at the stake' - it is just entertainment, not Salem.
    Yes not most. some. Thank God Ed and Jill are not burnt, maybe a bit bruised, but it will help them to grow tougher and make them more convicted of their love for one another.

  8. #228
    FORT Fanatic Pdilly1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    673

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by g8rinATL;3631694;
    Well, I'm *pretty* sure Ed isn't a witch...

    Seriously, I think most of the people here aren't 'burning people at the stake' - it is just entertainment, not Salem.
    What is entertaining about all the negative Ed and Jillian comments? To me people have a hidden adgenda and are taking it out on them. It happens every season. In fact if you write down the names of those that are negative...check out who is negative next season...it is the same people.

  9. #229
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    421

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3632674;
    What is entertaining about all the negative Ed and Jillian comments? To me people have a hidden adgenda and are taking it out on them. It happens every season. In fact if you write down the names of those that are negative...check out who is negative next season...it is the same people.
    The negative comments aren't entertaining; I'm just saying, the show is meant for enjoyment/entertainment. I enjoy the discussions, don't enjoy the negative people who can't see others' point of view. I believe it when you say it is the same people - some are just like that and those same people are probably like that in their 'real' life as well!

  10. #230
    Reality Escape
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinluv;3628762;
    I couldn't have said this better myself. Despite her flaws and shortcomings (which we ALL have), and despite some of the poor choices I believe she has made, I still think she's a sweetheart.

    P.S. And just because I don't agree with her choices doesn't mean I don't think they were hers to make.
    Agreed. People wonder why we "hang on" to this thread. I think it's because we've all made decisions in relationships and watching Jillian make her decisions and live with them is part of validating our own decision-making processes. Where do we wish we would have done better or what we did well. I have reconciled that she made the decision right for her - but I will always wonder if she would have made the same one if she'd seen the Jenga video -- that's not rumor -- that was a visual fact. I'd like to think I wouldn't have picked a guy that thought that was good humor. I've made bad relationship decisions and was hoping she'd make a good one. Not sure if that makes sense, but it sort of explains why I keep coming back to this thread even though the show is over. Now I'll hang on next week just to see if there is any new "evidence" of Ed issues.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.