Closed Thread
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

I just do not get how everyone can possibly accuse a person they don't even personally know of some of the horrid and crass things they are of Ed. A serial womanizer? This based on internet rumors and through the grapevine, he said and she said. That's actually not even the worst, accusing Jillian's very own father of telling her that he liked Ed alot so that he can get a beer guzzling drinking buddy!? What is with this I just don't understand how on earth this goes on.

I personally hope that Jillian and Ed do make it. They have a darn fighting chance given the fact that they are doing the very basic contractual obligations to ABC and keeping to getting on with their life together. I think that Molly and Jason will make it also. But hey that's just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3628685;
    [/B]

Actually I still do like Jillian, just don't like how she is around Ed.
    I couldn't have said this better myself. Despite her flaws and shortcomings (which we ALL have), and despite some of the poor choices I believe she has made, I still think she's a sweetheart.

P.S. And just because I don't agree with her choices doesn't mean I don't think they were hers to make.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628506;
    Well, don't get me started on the last question!!

As for the rest of your post - my thoughts, again, for what they are worth. If someone doesn't want you to change, then they aren't really accepting you for who or what you are. At least in my situation, you love the person as they are and are fine if they never change. But you love the person innately - not with conditions. So if the person decides they want to change, because you love them, you love and support them through that as well - but you are clear that you are not EXPECTING them to do anything to change in order to "keep" the love. The hope is that you continue to grow together. And no, that doesn't always work - usually when one person grows and the other doesn't. But IMO, loving someone but not wanting them to change is the same as loving who someone could be but not who they are. If you love them, you love them. You want for them whatever they want for themselves. If they want to grow, then you want to help them however you can. If they don't, then you accept that and love them as they are. Make sense?

Makes perfect sense, I am going to use this, do I have to pay you a royalty?

FORT Fogey

I don't think she's officially moved in with him yet. I think she's visitng and will move in first or second week of September.

I still think there's a good possibility ABC will be behind the leak if one comes out. I also think it's going to happen in mainstream media if it does come out.

Quote Originally Posted by pavalygurl;3628685;
    [/B]

Actually I still do like Jillian, just don't like how she is around Ed.
    IMO, she was a much better person around Kip and Reid. I remember her first comments about Ed...that he was tall and olive skinned, but nothing until later about any other attributes she found attractive. She took the physical part that she liked and built a relationship on that, all the while ignoring red flags about him. It's never good to have to excuse behavior early in a relationship..we were tired, it was too hot, he had to go back to keep his job (so what changed now that he can be gone for so long?). Anderson Cooper and Billy Bush asked her sex questions because that is how she portrayed herself on Jason's season and hers. As long as she is looking for a boy, a drinking buddy and someone with whom she can act like a giddy teenager with, she'll never be ready to settle down. She is loving the limelight and Ed is happily going along on the ride.
    Didn't she say in Jason's season that she had to grow up fast with her mother's depression and all? I think she wants to relive her teenage years. I feel sorry for her.

Bringing this over from the media thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3629512;
    I agree with your assessment. I don't think they thought she would pick Ed. Yes, she was definitely torn over Reid, but when Chris saw that she was going to pick Ed, he had no choice but to be supportive. What else could he do? He couldn't tell her at that late date that she was making a big mistake, and I do think they allowed Reid back in hopes she would pick him.
    I found CH's pimping of Ed very unseemly at the FRC, but I think that the nurturing, to use a kinder, gentler noun, by TPTB, begins much earlier than at that point. I suspect such 'guidance' occurs any time the 'lead' veers from the plan. I'd say that in the aired footage he was equally if not more firm than supportive--as I said earlier, he was like a coach or midwife. "One more!" "Score!" "Push!"

FORT Regular

So, I have a million thoughts running through my head, number one being that we all need to get a life. I mean, me included, it is ridiculous how we sit on these boards and judge these people and make assumptions about them and say harsh things about them. Jillian is a person who is complex--she is smart and funny and down to earth and girly and sensitive--and she is in love with Ed--and acting like a school girl--how horrible of her--OMG--crucify her for being bubbly.....all of a sudden she isn't composed like we want her to be....and lets not even get on the subject of how Ed is not right for her--because we all know who she should have liked, right? We all know she had better chemistry with Kiptyn or Reid because we were there, right? Come on people, like it or not, she knows who she had chemistry with and who made her feel the way she wants to feel. Who the heck knows what conversations they shared in the hours they were together we didn't see...give them a break. And a bad boy can be a bad boy right up until he meets the right girl....when a guy like that falls, it doesn't matter if they were sexting someone an hour before....guys don't think like that.....when it hit him she was the one, he probably did the right thing. We have no idea what she knows--but you can bet that they have talked about everything. I mean Ed had to sit there and watch her be intimate with other guys just days before he proposed...how do you think he feels? She wasn't exactly innocent, either.....but what really irritates me is that everyone seems so hell bent on seeing them split for a good story--I would guess if they split up at some point it is because they realize it was a mistake.....but I can't see for the life of me Ed going on tv, pretending to fall in love, involving his family, proposing, doing all of these interviews--and the whole time lying about all of it. There is more to the story people...there has to be....and my guess is Jill and Ed have talked about it and they know what they are going to do....and it is none of any of our damn business. If we they were smart they would go into a more private life and tell all the vouyers like us to bug off. I feel sorry for them no matter what. I for one hope they work out and make all of the ones that are picking them apart like vultures look stupid.

FORT Regular

ITA..

I wish Jillian and Ed the best..Just like I would any engaged couple.

Quote Originally Posted by momtotwo;3629670;
    So, I have a million thoughts running through my head, number one being that we all need to get a life. I mean, me included, it is ridiculous how we sit on these boards and judge these people and make assumptions about them and say harsh things about them. Jillian is a person who is complex--she is smart and funny and down to earth and girly and sensitive--and she is in love with Ed--and acting like a school girl--how horrible of her--OMG--crucify her for being bubbly.....all of a sudden she isn't composed like we want her to be....and lets not even get on the subject of how Ed is not right for her--because we all know who she should have liked, right? We all know she had better chemistry with Kiptyn or Reid because we were there, right? Come on people, like it or not, she knows who she had chemistry with and who made her feel the way she wants to feel. Who the heck knows what conversations they shared in the hours they were together we didn't see...give them a break. And a bad boy can be a bad boy right up until he meets the right girl....when a guy like that falls, it doesn't matter if they were sexting someone an hour before....guys don't think like that.....when it hit him she was the one, he probably did the right thing. We have no idea what she knows--but you can bet that they have talked about everything. I mean Ed had to sit there and watch her be intimate with other guys just days before he proposed...how do you think he feels? She wasn't exactly innocent, either.....but what really irritates me is that everyone seems so hell bent on seeing them split for a good story--I would guess if they split up at some point it is because they realize it was a mistake.....but I can't see for the life of me Ed going on tv, pretending to fall in love, involving his family, proposing, doing all of these interviews--and the whole time lying about all of it. There is more to the story people...there has to be....and my guess is Jill and Ed have talked about it and they know what they are going to do....and it is none of any of our damn business. If we they were smart they would go into a more private life and tell all the vouyers like us to bug off. I feel sorry for them no matter what. I for one hope they work out and make all of the ones that are picking them apart like vultures look stupid.
    I appreciate what you are saying, but the crux of the matter now is whether Ed was sexting in the two months after he and Jill got engaged. I am sure you would not approve of that behavior or expect Jill to. This is what the new article claims happened. Is it true? We have not yet seen proof or disproof.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3628422;
    Wonderful post! And I did not think Jillian was an embarrassment to anyone or any nationality. Jillian is a certain type of girl. She speaks her mind and does what she wants and doesn't really worry about how it will be "presented" to the world. For me personally, these are the types of women who I love. These are the types of women who won't frill around about their hair or what type of lipstick to wear, but whom you can go out to dinner or for a drink with and have a real discussion. These are the types of women who will be there at 2am when your heart is breaking and you need a shoulder to lean on. I would choose someone like Jillian as someone to call a friend any day of the week. I have been accused all my life of being brutally honest, to the point of being rude sometimes. And yes, I am still growing and sometimes need to learn how to say things more tactfully. But I am never going to sugar coat things and dance around issues. One thing people have always said about me is that you always know where you stand with me. Those are the types of people that I think are real and honest - and those are the people I will always want in my life.
    Let's hear it for tomboys all grown up!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Closed Thread