Closed Thread
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

FORT Fanatic

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

I for one - a Canadian girl - am disappointed with Jillian's choice - but in the end not with Jillian. I think she remained true to herself, and even if I don't like Ed - I do think she did what she thought was best for herself. She had the 3 best picks in bachelorette history....and really....can't go wrong with any of them = even Ed.

That being said - it was worth watching just to get to know Kip and Reid. I would love to watch more of them any day. What finds they were.

I just can't believe she turned Kip down still. I am still flabbergasted. Especially the way she kept making out with him so literally, knowing she was going to let him the next day. Explain that to Ed!

I enjoyed the season though and I don't think I have ever gotten so wrapped up in who was going to go next etc. etc.

As for the editing - they made Ed look like a complete dufus by the end of it all. At least he did get the girl.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3620933;
    1. Jillian: To me, TPTB threw her under the bus; she just seemed so...."liberal" to me, eg. her bedroom scenes with Ed. My question is WHY? They didn't have to show that. I can understand why Ed didn't get a typical F1 edit, maybe because of the gf rumors and/or the crew didn't like him, but Jillian?
    --Totally agree that they made her appear very loose. I don't know if "the crew" liked or didn't like him. Actually, I do know this. The crew are composed of dozens of people, of varying job descriptions, and they are not of one monolithic opinion about anything, including most prominently, whether they "liked" Ed. The top line of producers loved Jillian and will probably stay her dear friends for life, and I don't believe that they think she was "thrown under any bus" with the edit.
    Jillian was a down home, "at times irreverent" kind of gal and not like any of the other bachelorettes. Her tastes were so different from the other ladies, and I think that threw a lot of us for a loop. She was not afraid to be herself and showed all of her insecurities and emotions. I don't know if they threw her under the bus, or just kept throwing surprise after surprise at her. She definitely got tired of them. I think she did the best she could with what they threw at her. I did see a spark last night with Ed, but she will have to explain to him what we all saw she had with Reid right before she said yes to Ed's proposal. I'd like to wish them well - I'd love to see a success. Could a romance come out of such a scripted show? Stranger things have happened I guess.

Next season, I hope we could go back to more sleuthing, and less attacking each other while trying to defend our favorite.

I was (am) a Reid fan, but I hope Jillian & Ed could make it thru this tough transition period - I guess if Molly & Jason could survive it, so could they, if their love is real and strong - only time will tell.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

My first (and--who knows--maybe my last) final words are this: The revolving door has stopped for now.

But since this was the season of returns, don't expect that I'm shutting up till next season. bamabrain out . . . for now.

Although I don't believe for a minute that this season was real and natural, Jill seems happy for the moment and despite the fact that I think Ed will still crush her soon enough, this was great entertainment and I wish them all the best for Jilly Bean's sake.

Kiptyn will be fine battling off the hordes of women beating down his door.

Reid will most likely be the next Bach and soon enough all the Reid love will turn into intense criticism as he lets the women we like go. Such is the nature of this beast.

We likely will never know exactly what went down this season (Why did Ed really leave? Why did Reid leave and return? Was Wes the original F1? What happened in the FS with Ed?) but this was great entertainment and I'm excited for the next season.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Best season ever as far as I'm concerned.

Jillian is kind of a modern, earthy girl. Real. So, I think they honestly showed us that. I think they may have gone overboard with the twists, turns and surprises but then again, it did make the entire season feel like a crazy roller coaster ride.

Inside information aside, the season kept us guessing and torn all the way to the bitter end trying to decide who she would chose. Sleuthing is fun and honestly I love figuring out a puzzle or even just knowing how things are going to end, but there was something addictive and heart stopping this year thinking I knew but not being sure.

I don't mind people being thrown under the bus. It makes me root for them. It's entertaining. I loved Wes. He cracked me up. And I could see his appeal. LOVED Ed, and was semi mortified for him, but last night when the red hot molten lava erupted, it made me laugh so hard at the whole story arc.

Once out of the intensity and the drama you realize it's not that big of a deal. Tomorrow there will be a new person being mocked on the SOUP. And Life goes On. I want to feel sorry for the people that get led on, but then I realize A-they signed up for this and B-hardly EVER does anyone seem traumatized by this for long. Proof is that they all bounce back, and 9 times out of 10, they get what they came for...increased public profile to help them in their careers or their lives back home. The producers that we speak so vilely of, more often than not, continue to be their friends.

SO...if you hope for romance but don't expect it. Snark at the absurd, even if it's your guy or girl, and realize that even in REAL LIFE you don't always win the girl/guy. It's so much fun to live vicariously, watch the sharks jump high and long, and the revolving door keep spinning around.

And as much as I wished for it, baby jesus still didn't cry. (even though St Reid didn't win!)

It was obvious to me that Ed was going to be final one from the moment I saw how broken she was when he left. Also. . when he returned.

That was much to my dismay. . .because even though we don't know these guys in "real life" it just seemed to me that Reid and Kiptyn were classier men.

Now. . .I feel strongly that Reid should have been her choice. I think she will tire of Ed and find him boring one TPTB are not treating them to fantasy dates. I just don't think Ed could come up with an interesting idea on his own. . .certainly not stimulating conversation. . . but it is clear she loves him. To me, Ed is her "safe" guy.

Another question. . . why didn't they show Ed coming to her and telling her about the girlfriends? I thought that was the case.

On Kiptyn. . he is fine. . . hurt for now but truly fine. With a little plastic surgery on those ears. . he will be the ultimate stud. Now. . . his family is another question . I felt his mother was a plastic surgery Californian nightmare. Nice step Dad. . . but Mom was overbearing and may run more than one girl off!

Reid's family was lovely. They would have messed with her. Reid. . .was just top notch. And I believe he is mouthing off on diary of departed because he is truly hurt. I believe he loved her.

I agree with Jlcaz about how they threw her under the bus a bit . . regarding some of the intimacy scenes. . . the poor makeup and touchups that she was not giving in the heat and when she was tired and how they just had her look trashed at times. . . and wear sleezy outfits (Ed's date).

She is a lovely girl . . and I hope she is happy. I also feel her father's opinion with her being an only child. . . that he Dad liked Ed had a strong input into her decision.

Oh. . . well. . .that's it for me.

Many thanks to Kasha, Cupcakes and Bloomers for all your great info!!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

I can't believe how invested I got into this show. Oh well...it was fun for a while.

Yes, I was rooting Jillian and Reid on until the very end. But it's over now. I wish Jillian and Ed much happiness. Same with Reid and everybody else.

Next season I'm making a promise to myself that I will watch the bachelor but won't get too caught up into it. After all, it's only a tv show.

Seeing the pictures of everybody hanging out together yesterday, paints a clear picture that everybody seems to happy and life goes on.

Another question. . . why didn't they show Ed coming to her and telling her about the girlfriends? I thought that was the case.
    I thought they hinted to it several times but never introduced the discussion. I think they probably felt they had driven that point home with Wes, and it felt counterproductive to their story to have it shown on screen.

In fact, a lot of the inflammatory promotional lines from last night weren't used. Like Jillian saying "It was hard to hear the things he had to say", and "I hope I'm making the right decision." Based on Reid tirade in the limo about Ed, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought it up on the proposal platform. (don't know who coined that, but I love it!)

Guess we'll never know unless they address it tonight. Obviously, it didn't change her mind so it was a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3621289;
    I can't believe how invested I got into this show. Oh well...it was fun for a while.

Yes, I was rooting Jillian and Reid on until the very end. But it's over now. I wish Jillian and Ed much happiness. Same with Reid and everybody else.

Next season I'm making a promise to myself that I will watch the bachelor but won't get too caught up into it. After all, it's only a tv show.

Don't make promises you cannot keep!! I said that this season - and I got waaaay too invested!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Closed Thread