Closed Thread
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3627134;
    Why would moving in together indicate that she knew everything? She knows what she's been told, and we don't know if that is everything, nothing or something in between.

Why would you say Reality Steve and Jeremy are pathetic?

Reality Steve blogs about this show. He's free to comment or hint about things regarding this show as much or as little as he wants. That's not pathetic, if he didn't have info and opinions he'd have nothing to blog about in the first place. He's certainly under no obligation to support the show or try to maintain any of its illusions.

Jeremy has made a few tweets. So? Jeremy was on this show. He knows countless people from production and from other seasons. The info about Ed is not exactly a secret. Jeremy believing that the Ed info is true doesn't make Jeremy pathetic. IMO the Ed info only makes Ed look pathetic.

I keep hearing about how this is getting old and people should move on, yet I keep seeing new posts being made. No one seems to be moving on yet from what I can tell.
    Good post Cheeky , ITA

I hope the big news next week is a youtube video showing us how Jillian's family persuaded her to pick Ed over Kiptyn. I dare some of you to go back and watch this season with an open mind and tell me the love story wasn't between Kiptyn and Jillian until her Dad convinced her otherwise. She should listen to her Mom more. Her Dad wanted a drinking buddy and her Mom wanted her to find a husband. FLEISS IS A GENIUS, WOW!! I find it really interesting too that we have not heard a peep out of her family since the finale. Looks just like DeAnna's season when we heard nothing from the Pappas family and we all know how that turned out.

I think as Moms, we should raise our daughters to have good self-esteem. I can see why Jeremy is fired up about this season because the same thing happened to him in DeAnna's season that happened to Kiptyn this season. The bachelorette lacked the self esteem to choose the bachelor that would enrich her life and help her grow as an individual over the bachelor that was her type (which has not been working). I am happy to see that Jeremy has been able to forgive DeAnna and have a friendship with her recently.

PS: I feel good about the way I am raising my 9 year old daughter. After watching President Obama's inaugruation speech, in its entirety, she looked at me and said "Mommy, I am going to be the 1st Female President of the USA". I replied, "you can do anything you set your mind to do".
    Last edited by HopelesRomantic; 07-31-2009 at 09:13 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Has Jillian really moved in or she's spending sometime right now? I thought she said she'll be moving in with him in September. Move in now or later is a bad idea IMO. I think they could afford to see each other twice a month and gradually develop a stronger relationship, get to know each other on a more real basis, afterall, Ed is rich and I am sure they can afford to fly back and forth. I just think Jillian should think hard before moving herself to a whole new environment. Right now everything seems rushed, they just need to take things easy and slow down some but ofcourse I am not Jillian and wouldn't have settled for Ed under any circumstance so...........

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3627995;
    Has Jillian really moved in or she's spending sometime right now? I thought she said she'll be moving in with him in September. Move in now or later is a bad idea IMO. I think they could afford to see each other twice a month and gradually develop a stronger relationship, get to know each other on a more real basis, afterall, Ed is rich and I am sure they can afford to fly back and forth. I just think Jillian should think hard before moving herself to a whole new environment. Right now everything seems rushed, they just need to take things easy and slow down some but ofcourse I am not Jillian and wouldn't have settled for Ed under any circumstance so...........
    What I've gotten from interviews is that she is staying with him in Chicago right now but not actually moving until the first/second week of September.

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3627995;
    In most circumstances I would have to agree with you, but if I were Jillian, I would want to keep someone like Ed on a very short leash. Let me say that I would never be interested in someone like Ed.

Was Jillian's dating history, other than with Jason which doesn't count, ever discussed? I recall her negative remark about the commitment issues of the men in Vancouver, but did she ever allude to serious relationships and their length? From a woman's point of view I thought that she knew how to play up her best features and was cute. From a man's view-point she may have been missing the physical features that they consider to be desirable. In my experience, women like this develop great flirting skills and are likely to play the s*x card very early to keep men interested.......as if to say,"I may not be drop dead gorgeous, but look what I will do."

She was not on my list during Bach 13. She looked well-dressed and well-groomed, but the Condiment Theory struck me as a lame pick-up strategy.
    Her 1-on-1 date made me cringe as did the dancing and singing on the bar. She came across as phony and contrived. That carried right through her season until Reid's HTD. She emerged from the phoniness and showed an endearing Jillian/Reid couple. She was herself....and that's who she wants to get away from. She wants to be Paris Hilton and hook up with a bunch of guys and not be called out for it. She wants to be engaged in front of the world, at least once, maybe every six months....who knows. I am waiting for the release of her first perfume........ which would smell like snow and flowers....oh yeah and gasoline.

There is nothing about Ed and Jillian as a couple or as individuals that could hold my interest.......I avoid their videos, I skip over them in articles, I fast forward their segments on dvr because it makes me uncomfortable to watch two people who seem to be trying too hard to show that they are in love. It is much like listening to music that is not in tune.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3628218;
    or how about this...
    1) doesn't believe their version because they are exaggerated and coming from someone with an ax to grind
    2) Ed's "story" is the truth and he told her all of it when and as it happened.
    3) She is in love and trusts her man more than some bitter ex's and a bunch of media ho "boys" (jeremy and RS) with too much time on their hands.

That will certainly be Ed's position.

Serial womanizers are very slick, he could have Jillian completely snowed and may continue until he makes a fatal error.

I've seen it and heard similar behaviour with my own eyes and ears - that is why it is very hard to be a friend who finds out someone's husband [or wife as the case may be] is cheating on them - if you tell, they'll shoot you, the messenger, especially if homeboy, who has been lying to his wife all along so he's prepared for this and has a plausible answer for everything but if you don't say anything and your friend finds out you knew you were a traitor. Sigh. I would bet that some women won't even believe photographs or a videotape. Only if the other woman lands on her doorstep one day or she actually catches them in the act.

Now if you have an open marriage as some people do, whatever. Maybe Ed and Jillian are closet swingers. Hey there are people like that you know. More the merrier. Not my concept of a relationship.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 07-31-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3628224;
    In most circumstances I would have to agree with you, but if I were Jillian, I would want to keep someone like Ed on a very short leash. Let me say that I would never be interested in someone like Ed.

Was Jillian's dating history, other than with Jason which doesn't count, ever discussed? I recall her negative remark about the commitment issues of the men in Vancouver, but did she ever allude to serious relationships and their length? From a woman's point of view I thought that she knew how to play up her best features and was cute. From a man's view-point she may have been missing the physical features that they consider to be desirable. In my experience, women like this develop great flirting skills and are likely to play the s*x card very early to keep men interested.......as if to say,"I may not be drop dead gorgeous, but look what I will do."

She was not on my list during Bach 13. She looked well-dressed and well-groomed, but the Condiment Theory struck me as a lame pick-up strategy.
    Her 1-on-1 date made me cringe as did the dancing and singing on the bar. She came across as phony and contrived. That carried right through her season until Reid's HTD. She emerged from the phoniness and showed an endearing Jillian/Reid couple. She was herself....and that's who she wants to get away from. She wants to be Paris Hilton and hook up with a bunch of guys and not be called out for it. She wants to be engaged in front of the world, at least once, maybe every six months....who knows. I am waiting for the release of her first perfume........ which would smell like snow and flowers....oh yeah and gasoline.

There is nothing about Ed and Jillian as a couple or as individuals that could hold my interest.......I avoid their videos, I skip over them in articles, I fast forward their segments on dvr because it makes me uncomfortable to watch two people who seem to be trying too hard to show that they are in love. It is much like listening to music that is not in tune.
    I humbly invite you to check out a thread I just started, if the Mod's are OK with it (feel free to change or move..... it's my first try!)...... a discussion on feelings about what disappoints about how the last few seasons were produced AND if you could ask MF to grant a wish, what would it be from your "to-do" list

Sorry.. I forgot to say it's entitled 'RESTORING REAL... a "to do" list for MF'

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3628241;
    That will certainly be Ed's position.

Serial womanizers are very slick, he could have Jillian completely snowed and may continue until he makes a fatal error.

I've seen it and heard similar behaviour with my own eyes and ears - that is why it is very hard to be a friend who finds out someone's husband [or wife as the case may be] is cheating on them - if you tell, they'll shoot you, the messenger, especially if homeboy, who has been lying to his wife all along so he's prepared for this and has a plausible answer for everything but if you don't say anything and your friend finds out you knew you were a traitor. Sigh. I would bet that some women won't even believe photographs or a videotape. Only if the other woman lands on her doorstep one day or she actually catches them in the act.

Now if you have an open marriage as some people do, whatever. Maybe Ed and Jillian are closet swingers. Hey there are people like that you know. More the merrier. Not my concept of a relationship.
    No one knows if Ed is or has been a serial womanizer. I personally doubt it, but it is easy to see that woman that have been victimized are quick to respond to what they see is the appearance of it happening to someone else.

The RESTORING REAL thread is gone so obviously I messed up... it seemed like a good idea at the time !!! Thought it would be fun to start a "to do" wish list for MF...of examples from fans, that would decrease the scamming and increase the "real" of this intriguing show... anyone else want to try, who knows what they're doing more than I??????????????????

Closed Thread