Closed Thread
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3627150 View Post
    I do hope that Jillian and Ed had this conversation early on, and Ed was completely honest with her. The problem I had with the "girlfriend" was the deception, coupled with the information that there were two women involved - neither knowing about the other. IMO, that doesn't reflect well on Ed's character, but I don't know the guy personally. If he revealed all, and she was willing to move ahead then good for her and I wish them well.
    I personally never dated more than one guy at a time...but I had lots of friends who did and they didn't tell the other guys. If you were dating more than one person - would you be telling the others about all your other dates?

I really think the girlfriend issue is a non-issue and Jillian has said as much.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3626940;
    I have been posting about this season for the entire season. I have never once wished Jillian ill. In fact, I have repeatedly said that I sincerely hope that she made all of her decisions knowing all the facts. I hope no one mislead her---none of the guys, none of the production staff---I hope she made all her choices knowing all there was to know.

That being said, I have also posted all season saying that I have known since before the season began that Ed had unresolved personal issues at home while he was filming this show. IF at some point during filming Jillian was made aware of ALL the facts about Ed's personal situation, and she still opted to choose him, then that's great. IF she only found out some or none of that info before she chose him then, IMO, that stinks for her.

Regardless of what and when Jillian knew all about Ed, there is still something I don't understand. I keep reading post after post about how "people are trying to ruin Jillian's happiness". If Jillian knew all there was to know about Ed and chose him anyway then no matter what comes out she will already know it and her choice will stand. If Jillian didn't know all there was to know and truths come to light then she will finally know what she should have been told earlier and the choice will once again be hers to keep him or not keep him.
    This is strictly an "impression"... don't know the facts. Your post reminded me of some things I was wondering about.

Jillian may have learned all about GirlfriendGate in both Sevilla and Maui. No doubt some heated discussions were the reason "the romance was not there"... I was never convinced exhaustion from meet-the-parents and sunburn were the cause. Obviously, her attraction to Ed was strong enough to overcome it. Also, she likes "fixing things"... maybe Reid and Kiptyn weren't challenging enough for her expertise?

It is interesting how she downgraded the importance of "who's got the girlfriend?" in her interviews. Perhaps, if he was able to "break it off" while he was away, that was enough for her. (Yeah, Ed didn't follow the rules: nobody should be in a relationship when they apply for this show.) Yet, she must have gotten over it by the time he talked to her parents... finally, their volcano could erupt.

Maybe one reason Ed appears little concerned about Jillian still having some feelings for Reid is due to the grief he gave her by leaving "for work" and his own multi-relationship troubles? At least these two have evened the score. She did say they have a lot in common.

I always chuckle thinking back about what Eve (Kiptyn's mother) said to Jillian about "working for your happiness". Obviously she misunderstood Jill's needs. She LIKES working for her happiness. It doesn't bother her in the least... she thrives on challenge. Sort of like Sue Ellen on "Dallas", who can't stay separated from JR for very long.

Ed is probably a reforming Bad Boy, ready to settle down. I seriously doubt he will keep up the wild life now that he's with Jillian. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt... at least, until we all hear otherwise.

As much as I supported Reid all season and was upset for him being rejected a second time, "things happen for a reason" (as he said). Jake may have been billed as "perfect" (by Jillian, not by the other guys evidently), but both Reid and Kiptyn are probably too "perfect" for her as well. They are the Class A Husbands that, alas, may have been too domesticated for her tastes. She is happier with someone she can domesticate herself.

The only crime Jillian committed (and it still bothers many of us viewers, but is water under the bridge) was that she wasn't honest with Reid about loving Ed more in Maui. She made him think he did something wrong, by not proposing right away and using the ILY line. This is why he returned and got heartbroken again.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3626998;
    I am pretty sure based on this interview that Jillian and Ed talked about the girlfriends...

'The Bachelorette''s Jillian Harris Talks About This Season's Bad Boys

"...if you have now met me and fallen for me, then you have to show it. If you have or had a girlfriend, then we give her a call and you break up with her and we move forward."

She gave this interview a week before the finale. It was about wes but it clearly is a nod to what she would think about someone having a girlfriend.

Ed would not be the first guy to break up with a girl b/c he met the ONE. It happens - a lot. My husband had a girlfriend when we realized we were more than just friends. He broke up with her and we have been together ever since. It has no bearing on his faithfulness to me.
    I remember this interview. It is the main reason why I think perhaps she has heard at least some version of the girlfriend(s) story from Ed. But for the life of me, I cannot reconcile her above statement with the hissy fit she threw when Tanner P. told her that some of the guys had girlfriends. On that episode, I seem to recall her saying something like (and I'm paraphrasing here sans exact quote): "Coming on the show with a girlfriend is just about the rudest thing I can think of..." How is it that she did a complete 180 from her previous position? I'm thinking that the "ex-girlfriend" talk in the FS was Ed's version of what was really going on, and she was so blinded by love that she decided to excuse/forgive his indiscretions. Not a solid way to begin a relationship, IMO.

And regarding the bolded above, I agree, yes, sometimes people meet "THE ONE" while in other relationships. But I'm sorry, I just don't think that applies to this situation. Let's say you meet someone in real life while you have a boyfriend. You decide you like the new person more and break things off with your boyfriend. It happens. But what if you ACTIVELY sought out another partner BEFORE breaking things off with your boyfriend? What if you, say, put an ad in the newspaper that said, "Single and looking for love?" And what if you kept your boyfriend in the dark about all of this because you were hedging your bets? IMO, that sort of behavior is not acceptable and seems pretty akin to the situation we're seeing with Jill and Ed.

FORT Regular

"...if you have now met me and fallen for me, then you have to show it. If you have or had a girlfriend, then we give her a call and you break up with her and we move forward."

Way to go Jillian! Of course, that's all fine and dandy until you're the one that gets the call LOL.

How ironic would it be if that's how Ed chooses to break up with her?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TrailingWife;3627352;
    I hope that she's been misquoted here because it doesn't speak well of Jill's level of respect for herself or other women. It just doesn't sound like something she would say. And "we" will call...what is she going to do? Hold the phone for the guy while he break up with his current g/f. If they do it with you they will do it to you.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3626998;
    I am pretty sure based on this interview that Jillian and Ed talked about the girlfriends...

'The Bachelorette''s Jillian Harris Talks About This Season's Bad Boys

She gave this interview a week before the finale. It was about wes but it clearly is a nod to what she would think about someone having a girlfriend.

Ed would not be the first guy to break up with a girl b/c he met the ONE. It happens - a lot. My husband had a girlfriend when we realized we were more than just friends. He broke up with her and we have been together ever since. It has no bearing on his faithfulness to me.
    By the looks of it... a bunch of us here are reaching the same conclusions regarding the Ed/Jillian relationship. I am more and more convinced that she knows everything she's supposed to regarding him and has put it behind her. Hopefully this rocky start will help their relationship in the long run.

All the more reason this was the most scripted season ever... No wonder there was a lack of eye contact between them prior to the finale episode. They had to "act" a lot for the camera crew and get all of their arguing and "investigating" done behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3627223;
    I wonder if those that would call Jeremy pathetic would say the same about Trista? Sounds like she and Jeremy have been tweeting about the same subject and no one has a problem with her expressing herself.

I think its Ok if people don't move on just yet if they still want to discuss things - its only been a few days and some of us are still mourning!
    The fact that people even still know who Jeremy and Trista are kinda proves that no one who posts here entirely moves on---past contestants are always brought up and people tend to forget that they are allowed to have opinions and express themselves just like everyone else. Trista actually takes it a step further than most by actually agreeing to blog about the show. Obviously people read the blog. And everyone is free to comment about it. Including Jeremy. People comment on blogs. People put comments on twitter. And IMO that's fine---it's kinda what blogs and twitter are there for in the first place!
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Just chiming in, for what it's worth. This season is certainly controversial, if nothing else, so Fleiss is happy!

My take (believing the so-called "rumours") is that people are either concerned for Jillian if she didn't have the truth (I'm avoiding using the word "facts" since it seems to be arguable), or disappointed in her if she did have the truth and decided to go ahead with Ed anyway. OK, maybe that's just my take on it. I am old and cynical, and I believe much more that a leopard won't change its spots than that the love of a good woman will change a man.

For those that say it's their business and noone else's, they made it our business when they agreed to do the show.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3623616;
    Last words...that's a tough one but you summed it up really well, jlccaz!

I know some will look at my post and disregard it because I've been known as a staunch Ed supporter and that's fine; I won't take it personally.

I witnessed something truly remarkable this season (I know, I know, you Reid & Kip fans are rolling your eyes at me-LOL!) but it's true. I saw something true and sweet, cute and fun between Jillian and Ed from the get-go. I started the season off as an unspoiled viewer and was enthralled with them and the blossoming story I saw unfolding. Part of me wishes I had stayed in the nonspoiler thread b/c it would have kept me from the attacks and rumors I was reading. However, I wasn't that strong and HAD to know if Ed went far on the show. [Cape, I will always consider you my partner in crime in this--we were SO WEAK!! ]

It took me days to catch up on the Ed thread to find out that he was spotted with Jillian in Hawaii. Phew, I thought. But then the rumors started appearing. I'm a very cynical person IRL so it's hard for me to take everything I read on a message board as the G*d's honest truth, just like we all take everything we see on the show with a grain of salt b/c we all know the editing that's done. For me, what it came down to was this--perhaps Ed DID see an ex or 2...and perhaps while he was with them, he thought about Jillian the entire time. Has anyone ever been on a date with someone while you're thinking about someone else and you realize that someone else is who you're supposed to be with? We see relationships break up over this all the time! Perhaps that is how he KNEW unquestionably that he had to return to fight for her. [And, please, don't write posts debating my point on this--this is just my opinion!]

Anyways...I know you Reid fans are upset. I was here when there were lots of passionate Bettina fans so I know it's hard to see a true fan favorite not be "the one". But in the end, don't you want the best for Reid, whether that be as the Bachelor or even just finding someone in Philly?? I saw lots of posts denegrating Jillian when Cupcakes made her post. Jillian was called lots of names, her integrity and intelligence were questioned, and the show was called a sham. However, that very night all these posts were filling up the forum here, Jillian and Reid were getting some closure and moving on. Yes, it seemed he was still hurt during the ATFR show but something must have happened to help heal him if he appeared with Jillian AND Ed during Juan & Jesse's party and looked like he was having fun. I have NO doubt he and Jillian will remain friends and that they will always want the best for each other. How is that any different than wanting the best for an ex IRL?? If Reid can move on, then I hope everyone else can as well. He WILL find a girl that is perfect for him, of that I have no doubt.

And Kiptyn...what can I say -- this guy is truly a CLASS ACT (sorry for repeating everyone else's description!) I can't think of another Bachelor who has seemed so sincere and genuine and in the end, just wanted what was best for the person who didn't choose him. I'm sorry he was hurt as well but am positive he'll find the woman he's meant to be with as well.

I'm going to finish this up on a high note (well, a high note for me as an Ed fan). Jillian truly glowed during Ed's proposal and during the ATFR we saw last night. Ed was funny (how could anyone not think his dolphin imitation was a hoot?!?) and his feelings for Jillian were very evident. I'm going to take them at their word that they've learned more about each other during these past 2 months and it's only made them stronger. How many of us Andy & Tessa fans were hoping for the same! I'm looking forward to Jillian's moving and to seeing how they do as a couple in the real world. I've got a good feeling about them...

One last thing (I know, I know - as if I haven't written enough already!) I want to throw out a group hug to everyone. I don't mean this in a condescending way at all so I hope it'll be received as it is meant. It's been a tough season here on the board but that which doesn't break us makes us stronger. - CSW
    Sorry if it is wrong to post this,but are you cougar?and on the other board,well not your name but your handle.If so,remember the fun of has anybody seen Ed thread?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3626940;
    I have been posting about this season for the entire season. I have never once wished Jillian ill. In fact, I have repeatedly said that I sincerely hope that she made all of her decisions knowing all the facts. I hope no one mislead her---none of the guys, none of the production staff---I hope she made all her choices knowing all there was to know.

That being said, I have also posted all season saying that I have known since before the season began that Ed had unresolved personal issues at home while he was filming this show. IF at some point during filming Jillian was made aware of ALL the facts about Ed's personal situation, and she still opted to choose him, then that's great. IF she only found out some or none of that info before she chose him then, IMO, that stinks for her.

Regardless of what and when Jillian knew all about Ed, there is still something I don't understand. I keep reading post after post about how "people are trying to ruin Jillian's happiness". If Jillian knew all there was to know about Ed and chose him anyway then no matter what comes out she will already know it and her choice will stand. If Jillian didn't know all there was to know and truths come to light then she will finally know what she should have been told earlier and the choice will once again be hers to keep him or not keep him.
    Cheeky as always I appreciate you being the voice of reason! I have been truly torn this whole season. Hearing all of the Ed drama then seeing then together appearing to be happy, has been conflicting. I sincerly hope Jillian knew everything before making her final decision. That would be the best case. I hope no one is further hurt and everyone can grow to become better people.

Closed Thread