Closed Thread
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

Re: Last Words ... Bachelorette 5

I purposely stayed away this season and only watched the MTA and then the finale to see who she picked.
    I felt, however, like Jillian was really acting on the finale, though not doing a good job of it. She tried to make the tears come when she let both Reid and Kip go, but looking at her face, I didn't see her actually crying. She just seemed to be making these sobbing noises for the camera, but she never looked at all sad or appeared like she was actually crying. Sorry, but I thought it all looked very staged. Did I miss something on the screen?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

You know, I think what I hate about this season is that Jillian ended up being someone different than I thought she was. This has nothing to do with her not picking Reid and it has nothing to do with the rumors about Ed -- it has to do with picking the Ed I saw on tv. The Ed I saw was sloppy drunk, farting at RCs (I get it's a natural body function but seriously, is that how anyone woos women these days?!), and said all the right schmarmy things at exactly the right time, which I question about anyone. Yes, Jillian saw these exact same things and still picked him, and that is exactly why I feel a little disappointed in her. I thought that she had higher standards for herself. I by no means dislike her since I don't really know her and I do hope that she has the happiness she wants.

FORT Fogey

So, does anyone (or everyone) suspect that RS' twitter will turn out to be about GFgate?

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3625919;
    So, does anyone (or everyone) suspect that RS' twitter will turn out to be about GFgate?
    Well he's been putting it out there that the door is open for the gf to do an interview whenever she wants. Maybe she has one with him, maybe she got a deal for some money with someone else. I do think this is what it's about. You know, when the media gets a hold of something whether true or not, they run all the way with it. Jillian and Ed will not last. The media is not going to let them. We've seen the media break up the best of them, these guys are novices. They will be eaten alive...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;3625939;
    Well he's been putting it out there that the door is open for the gf to do an interview whenever she wants. Maybe she has one with him, maybe she got a deal for some money with someone else. I do think this is what it's about. You know, when the media gets a hold of something whether true or not, they run all the way with it. Jillian and Ed will not last. The media is not going to let them. We've seen the media break up the best of them, these guys are novices. They will be eaten alive...
    Well, they haven't managed to break up Brangelina yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3625944;
    Well, they haven't managed to break up Brangelina yet!
    Oh hopeful one, like I said "These guys are novices." Brad and Angelina have been around the media for quite some time. They have support and damage control when anything goes astray. Jillian and Ed are really just average citizens with 15 minutes. I'm not hoping for a demise, I just know that the media is relentless. They know that there are a lot of fans who don't want them to be, and they will stop at nothing to cater to these fans. ABC and Fleiss are lambs compared to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3625919;
    who cares they moved in together today. Im sure she knows if there is something to tell. RS and Jeremy are pathetic, theyre 15min have been done a while back, RS is bitter because he didnt have the inside info this year and Jeremy well is hes probably bitter that he was made to look like a fool when he came back and didnt get to be the next bachelor?. Let it be. this is getting sooooooooo old. time to move on

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3626090;
    who cares they moved in together today. Im sure she knows if there is something to tell. RS and Jeremy are pathetic, theyre 15min have been done a while back, RS is bitter because he didnt have the inside info this year and Jeremy well is hes probably bitter that he was made to look like a fool when he came back and didnt get to be the next bachelor?. Let it be. this is getting sooooooooo old. time to move on
    Just to keep facts straight, if possible...according to the ABC teleconference that she did with Ed yesterday, she has not "moved in" yet. She said she would be moving the 1st or 2nd week of September. Big difference between moving in and staying over.

Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3625285;
    This has been one of my favorite seasons of TB, primarily because I got to see the love story between Ed and Jillian. Itís always satisfying when the guy youíre rooting for comes through in the end. Though I liked all F3, and Jillian loved them all, I think Ed was the front runner from the moment he came back for her. Yes, there was confusion for her when Reid came back to propose, but I believe her explanation as to what was in her heart and mind that day (see transcripts from their conference call in the Ed thread).

I think Ed is the most misunderstood of all the bachelors. Unfortunately, imo, opinions about Ed were formed primarily from unsubstantiated rumors and gossip, contradictory and faulty leaks , oneís own preferences, and a premature choice of Reid as F1 based on early SCís. And of course, the edits always short-change the F1 and oversell the F2 and F3. What sold me on Ed was that, hereís an intensely private man (per the GMA interview, he never got used to the cameras), yet came back to the show for Jill. He admirably went outside his comfort zone and laid it all out there to win Jillís heart. I was happy that the ATFR and yesterdayís media blitz showed the Ed that I knew was always there Ė a funny, somewhat quirky, generous hearted, unassuming, and well rounded guy, who is crazy about Jill and is seriously reprioritizing his life for her. Itís nice that he can finally answer some of the rumors and allegations about the gf/s and his reasons for leaving (see the Ed thread). But I doubt his answers will sway any with firmly rooted negative opinion of Ed. Cíest la vie.

I watched the show unspoiled until the 5th episode and was very surprised at the ďReid is F1Ē sentiment on this board. Though his dates with Jill was charming, and Jill clearly felt lot of affection and was protective of him, I didnít see the depth of emotion and attraction that she had with Ed. I have 2 other friends who watched with me (both were unspoiled) and though we loved Reid, we clearly saw red flags highlighted in his edit that would be deal breakers for Jill Ė i.e. approval seeking, indecisiveness, too attached to parents, commitment phobia, negative comments from other guys, etc. Jillís been profiled as an independent and strong willed woman, and was seeking someone who can match and embrace her spirit. She even voiced her concern about being the one to wear the pants in a relationship. IMO Reid cannot fulfill this role - perhaps someday, but not now. For me, Reidís edit as well as Jillís recent interviews, sufficiently address the reasons why he let go at F3.

JMHO. Everyone, enjoy the rest of your summer! I know I missed way too much it, getting so involved with this crazy show.

ITA with everything here. This was GREAT and very well stated IMO.

I have been reading FORT since Jason and Molly. I always want to know the ending before it is played out.
    I only signed up on FORT because I personally knew one of the guys this season (yes, one of the bad guys and I thought I could contribute to the sleuthing and out come maybe a little) and had gotten some inside info on the editing (I NEVER knew about the editing part until FORT) and some personalites of some of the guys.
    The back lash that I received because I stated what I knew and how this person acted and treated me personally over the 5-6 years I have known him was unbelievable. I was more or less called a liar and I just don't get that. Until you have walked in the same shoes and/or DO NOT know the person ???
    I actually quit coming on the site for a while and I would PM a few of the IMO VERY well respected, trust worthy FORT'ers with additional information I had received to use how they saw fit!! They did a wonderful job!!
    With that said..

I was a Jesse, Kip and Ed fan from the very beginning.
    I seen the Ed connection early on. I wished MF would have let us see more of Jillian/Ed's dolphins sceens, sceens of them in the house together. I think a lot of people forgot they were in the house together because they did not show it. He seems like a real and normal person.
    I think they knew she was going to pick Ed, so they made it to where a lot of people would not like him with the edits he got.
    I believe he and Jillian really P***ed TB bunch off somehow.

They then chose to show us ONLY the NICE side of Reid, which I still don't get, IMO he is not all that and never has been however, if that is who Jillian would have chosen i would have been fine with that - she was not picking them for me! all I seen out of Reid was he could not make a decision at all on his own (his dad even told that), he is somewhat OCD, childish...... THEN we did get to see what a smart a** and how cocky he probably is when watching ATFR, some of his snide comments and expressions - I was like there it is - that is some of what Jillian has seen that we didnt get to see. What took 20-30 minutes to say good bye to Reid probably only took 5 minutes and it was spliced/edited and played over and over. That one hug and look - I seen 3 times...

Kip - I have to ditto.. Class act, very well rounded and does not and will not give in to MF pressure. Handled himself very well and did not give them any ammo to use against him!

Still love this board - Hats off to CUPCAKES, BLOOMERS, JUSTLOGIC and the other great ones. I have learned a lot (especially editing) and I will be back for the next go round. Maybe one day I can sleuth with the best!!!!

THANKS FORT'ers for a great season!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight;3624920;
    I havenít been much of a TB fan since after Deannaís season, and was never a Jillian Harris fan either, but after watching the last show sans my usual rose-colored shades, I really believe that Jill and Ed are the real deal. I almost felt like I was seeing the Trista-Ryan love story unfold all over again!
    Jillian may have felt strong emotions for two other guys, but after Edís departure she made it perfectly clear that she was saddened by it. Whether scripted or not, Edís disappearing act and the void it created in Jillianís heart, made her realize that a part of her was missing without him. Perhaps TPTB noticed early on the spark between her and Ed and because they enjoy torturing people (both their characters and the viewing public), they made him disappear for a while to create a storyline for the show and excitement for Jillian. Well, soap opera-ish or not, IT WORKED!!! Ed got to get away from the frat environment (which, as an only child, he might have found such a culture shock) and Jillian got to realize early on which bachelor she simply couldnít give up in her life.
    I am sure that Kiptyn and Reid are both fine men, and Jillian shouldnít have toyed with their emotions. But listen, this is a TV show where the players signed up to entertain and inspire raw emotions. To this day I would never have forgiven Trista if she didnít end up with Ryan!

Jillianís giddiness at the ATFR stemmed from the getting ďout of the closetĒ feeling. Can you imagine keeping a secret for months when youíre bursting at the seams? Besides, she wanted to show off her man! The joy and radiance on her face canít be faked because she's no Meryl Streep. Ed had that ďI canít believe I got the girlĒ attitude. At least that was my impression from where I was sitting! Their connection went beyond the cameras and letís admit it, we never saw that part. In the real world, that is what absolutely matters.

As for the reason that Jillian and Ed didnít get a gift at the ATFR, my guess is that the network is saving the big bucks for the actual wedding. Jillian and Ed may want to keep it private, but as long as they're still tied to a contract, can they really get their way?

Hopefully, I donít ever have to regret saying this: For once I didnít feel Fleissed!

DITTO, DITTO AND DITTO........
    Very, very well said - ITA with absolutly all of the above.

Closed Thread