Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

FORT Newbie

Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

Can you ladies explain to me why she picked Ed? Dude left her. She wasn't hugely upset over it. Then she picks him in the end. Isn't that kind of weird? But then he was the only one who right out said he would propose to her at the end. Kip and Reid wouldn't commit to that. So was that the magic bullet? Would Jillian have picked Kip if he flat out said he would propose to her at the end?

Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by toady9;3620285;
    Can you ladies explain to me why she picked Ed? Dude left her. She wasn't hugely upset over it. Then she picks him in the end. Isn't that kind of weird? But then he was the only one who right out said he would propose to her at the end. Kip and Reid wouldn't commit to that. So was that the magic bullet? Would Jillian have picked Kip if he flat out said he would propose to her at the end?
    She fell for the workaholic. He was married to his work. He broke her heart by leaving. He regained it instantly by returning. He endeared himself to her by bringing his parents to meet her in Hawaii.

It was Ed early. She couldn't keep her hands off him. I haven't seen that since Meredeth with Ian. Kip wasn't that into her. Reid couldn't even say he loved her. Ed was into her, and he could say what she longed to hear.

She wasn't just looking for a proposal, she wanted Ed's proposal. She wanted a guy who could protect her, take care of her. Ed represents that to her.

This ending is also evocative of The Next Joe Millionaire in which one gal, Linda, impressed him but left early, only to return late and win. Ed is Linda.

Ultimately, it was Jillian's choice. She wanted Ed. It wasn't really that close.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

It's apparently the new reality twist.

Like they brought back an old BB player back to this season.

Isn't it quaint the lack of originality.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3620293;
    She fell for the workaholic. He was married to his work. He broke her heart by leaving. He regained it instantly by returning. He endeared himself to her by bringing his parents to meet her in Hawaii.

It was Ed early. She couldn't keep her hands off him. I haven't seen that since Meredeth with Ian. Kip wasn't that into her. Reid couldn't even say he loved her. Ed was into her, and he could say what she longed to hear.

She wasn't just looking for a proposal, she wanted Ed's proposal. She wanted a guy who could protect her, take care of her. Ed represents that to her.

This ending is also evocative of The Next Joe Millionaire in which one gal, Linda, impressed him but left early, only to return late and win. Ed is Linda.

Ultimately, it was Jillian's choice. She wanted Ed. It wasn't really that close.
    Actually I would say she couldn't keep her hands off Kip. I knew she was going to pick Ed - but for a while there last night..I thought wow maybe she will pick Kip. She was so into Kip from the beginning......I do think she picked Ed because he was a sure thing....would not have been my pick....oh well...now she has to explain to him.....why she was more into her kisses with Kip and Reid then with him.....

FORT Newbie

I made my husband watch with me last night. He hasn't seen one episode all season. He took one look at Jillian and Kypton and said - they don't hold hands right, they kiss very oddly - He's not who she picks. Amazing what someone who does not watch can see in five minutes.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toady9;3620285;
    Quite simply because she loved him. It was pretty obvious to some of us early on. And I would highly beg to differ about her not being upset when he left-- they spent 10 minutes, showing how she cried the entire day. That night, she didn't want to have a cocktail party, she just wanted to do the RC. She said she was up 'til 5 am that morning. The girl was heartbroken. So when Ed returned and brought his parents to meet her, there was no looking back. It was always Ed.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3620449;
    Quite simply because she loved him. It was pretty obvious to some of us early on. And I would highly beg to differ about her not being upset when he left-- they spent 10 minutes, showing how she cried the entire day. That night, she didn't want to have a cocktail party, she just wanted to do the RC. She said she was up 'til 5 am that morning. The girl was heartbroken. So when Ed returned and brought his parents to meet her, there was no looking back. It was always Ed.
    The question wasn't really if Jill loved Ed...I always new she had the hots for him. The issue is more about how honest Ed is being with her.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3620378;
    Actually I would say she couldn't keep her hands off Kip. I knew she was going to pick Ed - but for a while there last night..I thought wow maybe she will pick Kip. She was so into Kip from the beginning......I do think she picked Ed because he was a sure thing....would not have been my pick....oh well...now she has to explain to him.....why she was more into her kisses with Kip and Reid then with him.....
    I feel the same way, that Ed was the 'safe' pick and so she chose him. I'm not saying that's a 'bad' thing, I'm just wondering if to Jillian, and to other women, if the idea of marriage/raising a family trumps everything else regarding picking 'the one'. She's 30, she wanted the "fairy tale" ending, and Ed was right there.

At the end, remember Kip was telling Jillian "I want you to move to San Diego, and meet all my wonderful friends". That's pretty weak compared to Ed's "I want to marry you and have kids with you". Two totally different levels. I think Jillian was 'in lust' with Kip, but 'in love' with the idea of marriage/kids and Ed was the part that could fulfill that according to what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3620589;
    The question wasn't really if Jill loved Ed...I always new she had the hots for him. The issue is more about how honest Ed is being with her.
    Agreed! :nono Shame on him if he is playing her. Time will tell, but they make a very cute couple.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3620449;
    That is the perfect answer cantstopwatchin. Forget everything else, Ed is the only one that said I love you, Reid didn't, Kip couldn't say it either, she wanted someone to party with...Reid is the better man, blah blah blah...the only reason she picked Ed is because they were both in love with each other, the proposal was the icing on the cake. The producers had to scramble all right, because they knew, he was the one right from "I'm Ed"

She can't possibly say on national TV that she was in love with him from the very begining. She had to give the other guys a chance, and I believe she was more than patient with them all.

And they will live happily ever after!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast