Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

  1. #81
    FORT Fan 4Kicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    287

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by valentinechick;3645140;
    It's pretty funny when I read that she wanted a commitment from a guy, after what, 3 weeks. She's a bit hypocritical because today in an interview I read that she did with a news agency in Canada, she stated she had a hard time with commitment. She said it was hard for her to commit to a relationship. But why be a hypocrite?
    Sounds like she is trying to minimize the effects of Ed's cheating behavior, like she is pretending she is cool with everything because she has a hard time with commitment too. Whatever Jillian.

    I've had a problem with all her contradictions too, and have had problems with them pretty much throughout the show. Here is another one of her contradictions:

    Jillian stated ""I was falling in love with two other guys two days before we got engaged," Jillian said to People magazine. "That's a double standard. If he had feelings for these two other girls while he was on the show, that's normal."
    This is exactly why I have a problem with Jillian. She didn't seem the least bit worried or bothered by the fact that she was badgering Wes to no end about having a girlfriend. Jillian dragged Wes' character through the mud on national tv and in the media, AND even mentions the girl's name on national tv, AND now she thinks that Ed's girlfriends who came forward should of done so in private??!! What a dimwit! Now since Ed is really the one who had the girlfriends she is justifying by stating this BS? She blew a gasket when she heard that some of the guys might have a girlfriend but knowing the fact that Ed is the only one who did she is now fine with it??!!

  2. #82
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3645998;
    Sounds like she is trying to minimize the effects of Ed's cheating behavior, like she is pretending she is cool with everything because she has a hard time with commitment too. Whatever Jillian.

    I've had a problem with all her contradictions too, and have had problems with them pretty much throughout the show. Here is another one of her contradictions:



    This is exactly why I have a problem with Jillian. She didn't seem the least bit worried or bothered by the fact that she was badgering Wes to no end about having a girlfriend. Jillian dragged Wes' character through the mud on national tv and in the media, AND even mentions the girl's name on national tv, AND now she thinks that Ed's girlfriends who came forward should of done so in private??!! What a dimwit! Now since Ed is really the one who had the girlfriends she is justifying by stating this BS? She blew a gasket when she heard that some of the guys might have a girlfriend but knowing the fact that Ed is the only one who did she is now fine with it??!!
    Jillian cared when it was Wes on the show because she wasn't in love and living with Wes (yet anyway, I think he was her initial F1). Now that she is in love and living with the man, she is changing her tune and is blaming herself for his infidelity. She's a sad person and honestly needs a therapist. I hope she can get all the help she needs.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  3. #83
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    45

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Women who want to see things certain ways will come up with all sorts of excuses. I'm a woman, so not bashing us but I've seen it.

  4. #84
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    45

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Another thing with Jillian. I remember when she was so upset to hear that perhaps some bachelors had girlfriends while on the show. She was really devasted and called it an early night. But now what is she doing? Defending her biggest cheater yet! Not even a flinch that she's upset by it, but instead that she was also not faithful by dating several men at once. Oh double standard...

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by surpriseending;3646381;
    Another thing with Jillian. I remember when she was so upset to hear that perhaps some bachelors had girlfriends while on the show. She was really devasted and called it an early night. But now what is she doing? Defending her biggest cheater yet! Not even a flinch that she's upset by it, but instead that she was also not faithful by dating several men at once. Oh double standard...
    I believe the producers/editors identifiied the same character trait in her fro the beginning, and exploited it to the max during casting, filming, editing, and promotional phases. It was her theme song. For a guy's she's into, she suspends all her pre-conceived judgments ... and common sense.

    NOTHING this woman said out loud last season or this season or thereafter about what she was looking for in a husband can explain her standing by him.

    I know I've said this to many around here, but this is a core Truth one has to accept about the show -- format,outcome, presentation -- at the end of the day, in hindsight it usually DOES reflect reality, in that one can fully understand why these people are still single at the (still young-ish) age they are.

  6. #86
    now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    265

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3646456;
    I believe the producers/editors identifiied the same character trait in her fro the beginning, and exploited it to the max during casting, filming, editing, and promotional phases. It was her theme song. For a guy's she's into, she suspends all her pre-conceived judgments ... and common sense.

    NOTHING this woman said out loud last season or this season or thereafter about what she was looking for in a husband can explain her standing by him.

    I know I've said this to many around here, but this is a core Truth one has to accept about the show -- format,outcome, presentation -- at the end of the day, in hindsight it usually DOES reflect reality, in that one can fully understand why these people are still single at the (still young-ish) age they are.
    Is it possible she is not really "standing by him"? Is it possible she is under contract and also was seriously misled re Ed by Ed himself and the ABC production? I think her head is spinning right now because of the number of lies she's been told. Jillian is not a manipulative or devious person. She is a trusting soul. . . just what Fleiss was looking for. The script for this season was written and they broke every rule to make sure Ed was the guy. I feel bad for Jillian, I really do.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    I believe the producers/editors identifiied the same character trait in her fro the beginning, and exploited it to the max during casting, filming, editing, and promotional phases. It was her theme song. For a guy's she's into, she suspends all her pre-conceived judgments ... and common sense.
    Please! Someone make me stop trying to analyze and understand this show!

    Something Jill said about the Melissa/Jason/Molly situation rang really true to me and I think it's a clue to understanding her season....warped as it is. She said that she was much closer to Mel, but that she understood Jason because he was infatuated with Mel, but what he really needed and understood after it was all over was that he was looking for someone to love him forever.

    IMO, Mel was exciting to him, but Mel was in it to win...not necessarily to be a stepmom to a 4 year old, wife of an insurance guy and living in the soggy northwest. After it was over, they found out they just weren't compatible for the long haul.

    So, Jillian thought immediately that she wouldn't let that happen to her so she was looking for a guy she felt she had real world compatibility with her. Ed, for all his faults fits that description best. This is NOT an insult to her, although I am sure some will make it one, she was just not real world compatible with Kip or Reid, as much as she liked them. She knew Ed was a gamble, but it was a calculated risk since she already knew that her personality, lifestyle, etc wouldn't fit with the other two.

    Based on all of the Lindsey/Bethany interviews, one thing became clear to me...I think the producers approached Ed, and when he said he couldn't do the show for eight weeks since he couldn't get off that much time, they agreed to let him come, work on the side and then let him go at the end of two weeks...whatever he committed to. No one, including Ed, the gf, or the producers thought he would be more than a weeks early drama. It's probably hard to find guys that look like quality (good looks, good job, etc) and aren't immediately identified as fameho's, so I'm sure they make concessions to beef up the earlier episodes.

    Unfortunately, Jill fell hard for him, Ed liked her enough to reconsider his position and left a big ole mess for the producers to figure out.

  8. #88
    FORT Fan melrose place's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    203

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3646590;
    Please! Someone make me stop trying to analyze and understand this show!

    Something Jill said about the Melissa/Jason/Molly situation rang really true to me and I think it's a clue to understanding her season....warped as it is. She said that she was much closer to Mel, but that she understood Jason because he was infatuated with Mel, but what he really needed and understood after it was all over was that he was looking for someone to love him forever.

    IMO, Mel was exciting to him, but Mel was in it to win...not necessarily to be a stepmom to a 4 year old, wife of an insurance guy and living in the soggy northwest. After it was over, they found out they just weren't compatible for the long haul.

    So, Jillian thought immediately that she wouldn't let that happen to her so she was looking for a guy she felt she had real world compatibility with her. Ed, for all his faults fits that description best. This is NOT an insult to her, although I am sure some will make it one, she was just not real world compatible with Kip or Reid, as much as she liked them. She knew Ed was a gamble, but it was a calculated risk since she already knew that her personality, lifestyle, etc wouldn't fit with the other two.

    Based on all of the Lindsey/Bethany interviews, one thing became clear to me...I think the producers approached Ed, and when he said he couldn't do the show for eight weeks since he couldn't get off that much time, they agreed to let him come, work on the side and then let him go at the end of two weeks...whatever he committed to. No one, including Ed, the gf, or the producers thought he would be more than a weeks early drama. It's probably hard to find guys that look like quality (good looks, good job, etc) and aren't immediately identified as fameho's, so I'm sure they make concessions to beef up the earlier episodes.

    Unfortunately, Jill fell hard for him, Ed liked her enough to reconsider his position and left a big ole mess for the producers to figure out.
    Great analysis of both seasons.

  9. #89
    now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    265

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3646590;
    Please! Someone make me stop trying to analyze and understand this show!

    Something Jill said about the Melissa/Jason/Molly situation rang really true to me and I think it's a clue to understanding her season....warped as it is. She said that she was much closer to Mel, but that she understood Jason because he was infatuated with Mel, but what he really needed and understood after it was all over was that he was looking for someone to love him forever.

    IMO, Mel was exciting to him, but Mel was in it to win...not necessarily to be a stepmom to a 4 year old, wife of an insurance guy and living in the soggy northwest. After it was over, they found out they just weren't compatible for the long haul.

    So, Jillian thought immediately that she wouldn't let that happen to her so she was looking for a guy she felt she had real world compatibility with her. Ed, for all his faults fits that description best. This is NOT an insult to her, although I am sure some will make it one, she was just not real world compatible with Kip or Reid, as much as she liked them. She knew Ed was a gamble, but it was a calculated risk since she already knew that her personality, lifestyle, etc wouldn't fit with the other two.

    Based on all of the Lindsey/Bethany interviews, one thing became clear to me...I think the producers approached Ed, and when he said he couldn't do the show for eight weeks since he couldn't get off that much time, they agreed to let him come, work on the side and then let him go at the end of two weeks...whatever he committed to. No one, including Ed, the gf, or the producers thought he would be more than a weeks early drama. It's probably hard to find guys that look like quality (good looks, good job, etc) and aren't immediately identified as fameho's, so I'm sure they make concessions to beef up the earlier episodes.

    Unfortunately, Jill fell hard for him, Ed liked her enough to reconsider his position and left a big ole mess for the producers to figure out.
    I can't stop analyzing this show, either. . . but here's my thoughts (because they are the only scenario that makes sense to me on an intuitive level). As Bloomers stated in one of her posts, TPTB find the weaknesses of the cast and use them to make the "story". They used manipulative techniques such as "the takeaway close" (Ed's leaving and returning) to make Jill value him more and believe he was committed to her. They encouraged her to focus on proposal rather than her emotions. (At the beginning of the season she tells Chris "go easy on the H word" - by Spain she is grilling Kip about proposal). I think something happened to her in this process, partly producer driven. She didn't want to look like a fool up there with nobody proposing to her. Jill was also particularly looking for someone to "tell her what she wanted to hear". Because Kip and Reid are just so stinkin honest they weren't willing to do it but Ed was -- she was encouraged to focus on this fact rather than other facts like what happened in the FS w/ Ed and her own emotions regarding Kip and Reid. (Same thing probably happened to Jason w/ Mel and Molly--thus his outcome).

    Ed was played too although I don't really care. He wanted to be famous, TPTB knew this and knew what a lying pile of poo he is -- they sent him home and brought him back all knowing his character. Why not leave the db home? They brought him back for their own reasons-- Jill was moving on! They brought him back bc this was the most scandalous outcome -- (all publicity is good publicity-- cover of US magazine?! Shock to everybody!). They knew of Ed's cheating ways, they hinted at it in the edit (plus gave him a screw you edit)-- they played "Hollywood Ed" too.

    Right now, TPTB are "supporting" this truly bad situation with this lying son of a gun. No one has ever told Jill the truth-- Chris rushed her decision re Reid at the FRC. TPTB did everything they could to help her choose Ed for their own reasons. They painted an edit that makes Jill look like a fool and a poor judge of character. I do not think either of these things are accurate. I think I am most sad for Jill. Her biggest mistake was being too trusting and believing what she is told -- a character trait they assessed from the moment they met her and exploited.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865

    Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

    Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3646624;
    I can't stop analyzing this show, either. . . but here's my thoughts (because they are the only scenario that makes sense to me on an intuitive level). As Bloomers stated in one of her posts, TPTB find the weaknesses of the cast and use them to make the "story". They used manipulative techniques such as "the takeaway close" (Ed's leaving and returning) to make Jill value him more and believe he was committed to her. They encouraged her to focus on proposal rather than her emotions. (At the beginning of the season she tells Chris "go easy on the H word" - by Spain she is grilling Kip about proposal). I think something happened to her in this process, partly producer driven. She didn't want to look like a fool up there with nobody proposing to her. Jill was also particularly looking for someone to "tell her what she wanted to hear". Because Kip and Reid are just so stinkin honest they weren't willing to do it but Ed was -- she was encouraged to focus on this fact rather than other facts like what happened in the FS w/ Ed and her own emotions regarding Kip and Reid. (Same thing probably happened to Jason w/ Mel and Molly--thus his outcome).

    Ed was played too although I don't really care. He wanted to be famous, TPTB knew this and knew what a lying pile of poo he is -- they sent him home and brought him back all knowing his character. Why not leave the db home? They brought him back for their own reasons-- Jill was moving on! They brought him back bc this was the most scandalous outcome -- (all publicity is good publicity-- cover of US magazine?! Shock to everybody!). They knew of Ed's cheating ways, they hinted at it in the edit (plus gave him a screw you edit)-- they played "Hollywood Ed" too.

    Right now, TPTB are "supporting" this truly bad situation with this lying son of a gun. No one has ever told Jill the truth-- Chris rushed her decision re Reid at the FRC. TPTB did everything they could to help her choose Ed for their own reasons. They painted an edit that makes Jill look like a fool and a poor judge of character. I do not think either of these things are accurate. I think I am most sad for Jill. Her biggest mistake was being too trusting and believing what she is told -- a character trait they assessed from the moment they met her and exploited.
    We will likely never see behind the curtain and really know what/who was manipulated and why.

    I disagree with your theory but it is certainly as valid as mine.

    One thing I will never believe is that Jillian was as "in the dark" as people want us to believe. I can see that she was manipulated. They all are. I just think there are too many clues...on screen, and in her interviews...that Jill knew much more about Ed than people are giving her credit for.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.