Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

What struck me about Jillian in watching the season go by was that she was not the confident secure woman I thought she was on Jason's season. She was rather insecure and also enjoyed coming off as rather crass (not the cute hotdog theorist) I think we saw the real Jillian. She needed to hug, kiss etc the guys a lot as it made her feel more secure. She let some pretty good guys go early on, often citing they were too perfect (I think both Jesse and Jake) She often seemed like she didn't think she "measured up" to some of the guys. I think Kip sort of fell into this category.

She kept Wes way too long because she was flattered by his serenades. I think she had to know he wasn't that into her. Ed was the right guy because he is a bit of a goof/drunky silly guy and she liked that. She was hurt when he left but floored that he returned and then he went all in and constantly said he loved her and would propose in the end where the other two guys didn't go all in until basically the last episode.

I do think she and Kip would have faded away in the real world. Not sure about Jilly and Reid and I think he would have been too intense for her. She and Ed seem pretty laid back and love to just have fun and let it all hang out.

Will it end in marriage? I doubt it but I hope it does and they are happy.

Reid could be next bachelor and he will bring an honesty to the show (sort of like Brad but with a guy who is seriously looking for love)

Kip can find a nice girl on his own no worries.

I am glad I didn't get into the bickering this year. I am bummed they cut out the "reunion" shots of Vegas, oh well.

All the best to them all... and sorry still think Wes is slimy

FORT Fanatic

I've stated this before:

Reid is too classy and cultured for Jillian. He should consider himself lucky. There has to be a "lady" out there for
    him, and I hope he finds her soon.

dld
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by toady9;3620285;
    Can you ladies explain to me why she picked Ed? Dude left her. She wasn't hugely upset over it. Then she picks him in the end. Isn't that kind of weird? But then he was the only one who right out said he would propose to her at the end. Kip and Reid wouldn't commit to that. So was that the magic bullet? Would Jillian have picked Kip if he flat out said he would propose to her at the end?
    I believe that she was "over the moon" in love with him from early on and that is why TPTB concocted the lame story of Ed leaving and being a workaholic. I think it suited TPTB to avert an early ratings disaster to "divert" our attention to Wes for a while, promising to bring ED back in the future. I will bet Miss Jilly was told all about this and went along with the game. I can't predict if they will wind up together or not, but i do think my theory makes a lot of sense if you think like Fleiss.

I do think there was some scripting going on for sure but I do think Jillian fell for Reid in many ways too. I think she was more into Ed than anyone from day one and the go home thing may have been scripted but I do think she had feelings for Reid. I think she was crazy about Kip but felt he was some how out of her league.

FORT Regular

I think it was always Ed. Ed is a great match for her, I think. They are both independent, hard working, fun loving, party people. According to what he said and how he acted, he was really ready for marriage and a family. They can both
    enjoy life as a couple.

Yes, when cute Kiptyn said he wanted Jillian to meet his friends in San Diego..Not a good choice of words and it just showed he isn't really ready to tie the knot and be really "into" her.

I think Jillian had feelings for both the other guys. However, it was more "liking" than loving. She had to kiss them, etc. or else there would be no show. I'm sure once the cameras were off, there was alot we didn't see as far
    as "relationship"..I mean talking, etc..So, we had just a glimpse of what the producers wanted us to see..Not the true picture.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3623245;
    I've stated this before:

Reid is too classy and cultured for Jillian. He should consider himself lucky. There has to be a "lady" out there for
    him, and I hope he finds her soon.
    I was totally put off by Jillian's actions this year. Reid is too classy for her, for sure.

He deserves better.

As far as Ed and Jillian go, this great love story that so many seem to see isn't something I see at all.

I predict it won't end up in a marriage but Jillian will have all the sex she wants for the next year....and that probably will be enough for her. LOL

Can you ladies explain to me why she picked Ed? Dude left her. She wasn't hugely upset over it. Then she picks him in the end. Isn't that kind of weird? But then he was the only one who right out said he would propose to her at the end. Kip and Reid wouldn't commit to that. So was that the magic bullet? Would Jillian have picked Kip if he flat out said he would propose to her at the end?
    I'm still trying to figure that out. It all came down to the bench where Ed said he was attached to her. Then he says to trust him and that everything he's told her is sincere (the word truth was too strong). To me that was the critical. It was all just words but enough to make her send Reid home. She believed with her whole heart that Ed is her guy at this point partially because he made the visual of them being attached. She now says she'll never leave him as if that is all that matters between two people. It certainly sounds like blind loyalty. The idea of him coming back just for her seems to strengthen everything between them.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

As for why she kept Kipton? She liked him but why keep him over Reid?
    The only thing that makes any sense is that she already knew Ed was the guy and that the activity planned in Kona was more suited to Kip. Maybe just a stupid guess but clearly Reid was much closer to Jillian.

I venture to say Reid was closer to her over all of the men but she put more value on Ed's return. It became the Rosetta stone of the show. Reid made a heroic return to propose and tell her he loved her but she didn't have time to really think things through and couldn't change her mind. A shame!
    -------------------------------------------
    Que sera sera .....whatever will be will be...

Totally disagree. He left and she was very upset. Mike Stag said so in one of his interviews (or conf. call). He said that she barely even left her room that day.

She has stated over and over again the last couple of days that she was is love with Ed. If he did not want her in the end, she would have chosen nobody and would have left alone, needing to heal.

Why can't we believe what she says about this?? I think that the rumor have got to hurt her. It's mean.

FORT Fogey

Why make Reid think she sent him home based on his reluctance to propose? That's not a very nice thing to do if she was never going to try to have a relationship with him anyway.

I think Jill wanted safety and security first, with or without an engagement although I do think she was pretty gungho for the marriage/engagement portion of it too. Whether he was being completely honest with her or not, it seems Ed was willing to offer her everything she wanted- engagement, move to Chi, and marriage. Reid was willing to offer to "see where this goes" and knew he "wanted to be with her tomorrow." I think her relationship with Reid was more fun and sweet and I liked her so much more with him but maybe she feels that at 30, she should be with Mr. Right and not Mr. Right Now like she said in her press conference. It seems that Reid was what she wanted in that they were so fun and playful and "free" together but Ed was what she needed in terms of getting married and settling down.

Anyway, whether or not I think she made the best decision is irrelevant because Jill knows that she wanted the stability Ed was offering her and seems to be glowing in every picture and interview with him.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast