Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

not sure if you all saw, there's a new interview in ET Online this morning with Chris, he says he's been talking to Jill, she only thinks there's a small shred of truth in what the girlfriends are saying and she already knew that part, and the rest is lies. She's still inlove with Ed, feels more strongly for him than any other man ever, blah blah. whatever...'The Bachelorette''s Chris Harrison: Jillian Has Not Dumped Ed

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Here's the printed text tp CH interview.
    Said even if there is a "small shred of truth to it you can't fight the "bull$%*t.." Those are pretty strong words about it from CH.
    Yes he is a "company" man,but he will not go down with the ship(Ed's and Jillian's ) if he didn't completely believe in them and Ed's truthfulness about his part in the Ex gf gate drama.

Also, he has some strong words about the "Exes" which are bolded.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    The last two seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" have been filled with drama. The most recent being Ed Swiderski, the man that Jillian Harris chose, and the man who proposed to her, who reportedly cheated on her. Now ET talks to host Chris Harrison, who spoke to Jillian, who was in Las Vegas with Ed last last week, to get his take on this latest scandal.

ET: Did we have the wrong guy? Was it Ed who had the girlfriend, not Wes Hayden?

Chris Harrison: I've talked to Jillian twice in the last two days. She is definitely upset. Everything has been turned upside down for them. They are stressed out with all the publicity, because they kind of thought they were done and could live their lives. Now they have had this jump up on them. It is tough, but they are still together; they are still engaged. That has not changed. Someone reported she dumped him in Las Vegas. That is not true.

ET: But the two women in US magazine are saying they have e-mails from Ed?

Chris Harrison: The problem is the two girls cashed in and took a paycheck for the story in US, so, they kind of sold out, which is unfortunate. They sold out at the expense of Ed and Jillian. The problem is there is a shred of truth in there, which Jillian already knew about. But if there is a shred of truth, you can't fight the bull!@#$, so what are you going to do? There is not much she can do.

ET: Do you think all this controversy helps or hurts the show?

Chris Harrison: I was hoping with Jillian we would be hitting one right down the middle. I knew she was safe. She still is obviously. When she picked Ed, I thought, 'Great. We got a wedding. They will get married in a year. I think it will rekindle everybody's belief in the show and that it works.' One thing she told me on the phone the other day: 'Chris, I love this guy. I feel more for him than any man I ever have in my life.' So I know it works, and my faith in the show isn't shaken at all, but I hate that it might be for some of our fans.

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but it is weird, Jillian is a friend of mine. I hate for it to happen for them.

ET: We have three great guys from last season: Reid Rosenthal, Kiptyn Locke and Jake Pavelka. Who would you like to see as the next "The Bachelor?"

Chris Harrison: The thing is, there are some other guys -- I saw four or five resumes and tapes of people we have never heard of. Obviously, Kiptyn, Reid, Jake and, even Michael Stagliano, although I heard he is dating Holly Durst, one of our former bachelorettes. I don't know if that is true, but that is what I heard, so maybe he is off the market, but he was a favorite. So, Reid and Jake and Kiptyn are viable candidates. Like I told Jillian, you can't go wrong with any of those guys, because they would each give us very different shows.

ET: And, the question everyone wants a definite answer to: Did Wes have a girlfriend?

Chris Harrison: Honest, I don't know. But I do know this: Regardless of whether he was just breaking up or whatever the situation was, he was pretty insincere. And I will say this about Wes, who complained a lot about being edited. He should thank us and kiss our feet for how he was edited, because, believe me, we could have made him seem a lot worse than we did. We made him seem as good as we could. He should actually be thanking us.

'The Bachelorette''s Chris Harrison: Jillian Has Not Dumped Ed
    Last edited by goldie2; 08-10-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Present tense thread title edit: Jillian WANTS marriage ... and with Ed.

Bachelorette’s Jillian Harris Tells OK! She & FiancĂ© “Not Even Close” to Split - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News

Any recently engaged woman would be in soon-to-be marital bliss heaven, but that’s far from reality for The Bachelorette’s Jillian Harris, who was recently proposed to by finalist, Ed Swiderski.

But a recent tabloid cover story alleges that Ed hasn’t been faithful to Jillian — even after he had proposed — with two of his ex-girlfriends: Lindsay Johnson and Bethany Steffen.

However, Jillian tells OK!, contrary to the claims, the 29-year-old has been standing by her fiancé.

The reality star explains to OK! that the tabloid story “claimed Ed and I broke up, when in fact we have not even come close… I really want out of the spotlight so bad. I hate it so much.”

This is not the first time the Canadian native has suffered heartbreak on national television. On the last season of The Bachelor, Jason Mesnick did not pick Jillian, who ultimately came in third place.

Yet audiences fell in love with the bubbly brunette and Jillian was offered the opportunity to be the next Bachelorette, giving her a second chance at love.

BY PATRICIA RAMOS

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3652858;
    not sure if you all saw, there's a new interview in ET Online this morning with Chris, he says he's been talking to Jill, she only thinks there's a small shred of truth in what the girlfriends are saying and she already knew that part, and the rest is lies. She's still inlove with Ed, feels more strongly for him than any other man ever, blah blah. whatever...'The Bachelorette''s Chris Harrison: Jillian Has Not Dumped Ed
    interesting, thanks! I was wondering when mainstream media was going address the situation.... don't know whether I can trust chris or not though

That article actually made me feel physically ill. SHRED of TRUTH? Wes should want to KISS ABC'S FEET? I used to really like Chris Harrison, and I always understood that he was a company man and just doing his job, but I have lost so much respect for him this season. What the two girlfriends said in that article is not a SHRED of TRUTH, the WHOLE THING is true---had the article been longer there would have been more details. To insinuate that the article was written strictly because those two women wanted to make a buck is beyond insulting. I don't know how Chris utters these words and then continues to look himself in the mirror. I just don't understand.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Just to add to what you wrote, Chris didn't really deny the emails, per se. He says there's some truth to them and then talks about them selling out because they were paid for the article (who care's ... they should get some type of compensation... besides, the story was already out there, they aren't the ones that broke the story for cash...) CH is just talking in circles and is very evasive. He says there's some truth, which is acknowledging the emails, and considering we've known all about them for over a month or so... IMO it's making the the US article even more believable.

I don't get why Jillian is speaking for Ed in doing all the denying, it's Ed's story to tell, Jillian is just repeating what Ed told her, she know's nothing about what actually happened and is only digging a deeper whole for herself by defending an obviously guilty man. She really is blinded by Ed's lies and wants a happily ever after so bad with this guy (or possibly just her season) that she's selling out herself in the process.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3652869;
    The reality star explains to OK! that the tabloid story “claimed Ed and I broke up, when in fact we have not even come close… I really want out of the spotlight so bad. I hate it so much.”
    US Weekly didn't claim J/Ed had broken up. Some other outlet did. I'm sure this is OK's faulty reporting though.

As far as wanting out of the spotlight, maybe that's something Jillian should've thought about before signing on for the B'ette and maybe Wipeout.

Jillian's stance has shifted so much on the issue of marriage and this show. She went from calling "husband" the "h" word to demanding proposals from the F3, from doing interviews saying she wasn't necessarily looking to come out of this engaged to OMGJ+ED4EVA!!!11!1 I can't help but think the shifting stance is out of defiance and defensiveness, where she's determined not to concede that her F1 is a cheating cad.

I'm sorry, but even if there is JUST a "small shred of truth" that's totally enough to dump his sorry butt. I'm willing to bet that Jillian hasn't even read the article, but just believes Ed. Which is her right to do, but she totally has her head in the sand. Anyone who reads that article with an open mind is going to come to the conclusion that the girls are being honest, and Ed is a cheat.

Jillian came into the show wanting to find love. Once Ed returned in Spain, he must have talked about how he would propose, etc. From then on out, it became all about the ring. Jillian doesn't realize that a ring doesn't equal marriage.

FORT Fanatic

One of the most interesting things to me about this article is the part about Wes. never once in this post-show revelations have I thought anything positive about Wes. You can edit someone to make them look better or worse....but Wes gave them so much to work with on the negative. I have never beleived it was actually "Ed was bad, instead of Wes theory." I think they both are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3652877;
    I'm sorry, but even if there is JUST a "small shred of truth" that's totally enough to dump his sorry butt. I'm willing to bet that Jillian hasn't even read the article, but just believes Ed. Which is her right to do, but she totally has her head in the sand. Anyone who reads that article with an open mind is going to come to the conclusion that the girls are being honest, and Ed is a cheat.

Jillian came into the show wanting to find love. Once Ed returned in Spain, he must have talked about how he would propose, etc. From then on out, it became all about the ring. Jillian doesn't realize that a ring doesn't equal marriage.

I think that the "small shred of truth" that Jillian already knew about is that Ed went home to end it with the two girls. Hence the intense conversation they had "about old girlfriends" at the FD. So I can see why Jillian has said that he has been totally honest with her. It's probably the cheating after the engagement that she refuses to believe and he has convinced her (as well as her convincing herself) that it is all lies from jealous girlfriends out to make a buck.

I just hope she gets to the truth without Ed being her filter. Then if she wants to forgive and forget, and marry the guy, I do wish them well.

Closed Thread