Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Re: Jillian wanted marriage over everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3646665;
    We will likely never see behind the curtain and really know what/who was manipulated and why.

I disagree with your theory but it is certainly as valid as mine.

One thing I will never believe is that Jillian was as "in the dark" as people want us to believe. I can see that she was manipulated. They all are. I just think there are too many clues...on screen, and in her interviews...that Jill knew much more about Ed than people are giving her credit for.
    Jill knew as much about Ed as one can know in a reality show bubble completely removed from real life and never even traveling to his hometown. Jill was far from certain about Ed, remember CH saying it took her an hour to decide about Reid and she was shaking like a leaf on FRC day? Jill was in a situation she was completely unprepared for and she chose the outcome most advantageous for ABC -- what a coincidence! (Did she love Ed -- yes, did she KNOW Ed -- no).
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

FORT Fogey

Jill changed her story about people coming on with g/f and now it makes some sense. I don't know if she knew about the g/f during filming but after it I think she was made aware and that's why her stance changed. She's been defending Ed for some time now. When Tanner bought up the alleged g/f she freaked out on show. Cried, called them out, carried on, felt disrespected, couldn't understand why they'd do that, and cancelled the cocktail party.

Fast forward and it all changes in interviews right before he becomes F1. Now she's more understanding of it and not at all upset and outraged as long as they break up with the g/f. Total 180 from what she said on show. She knew after he was her F1 that he was the one with the g/f or two and now she was stuck. She covered it and defended it as best as she could. There were some red flags that she either totally missed during filming or excused because she was in love.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by surpriseending;3646028;
    Women who want to see things certain ways will come up with all sorts of excuses. I'm a woman, so not bashing us but I've seen it.
    It's denial. Men do it too. Look at Ed.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3646624;
    I can't stop analyzing this show, either. . . but here's my thoughts (because they are the only scenario that makes sense to me on an intuitive level). As Bloomers stated in one of her posts, TPTB find the weaknesses of the cast and use them to make the "story". They used manipulative techniques such as "the takeaway close" (Ed's leaving and returning) to make Jill value him more and believe he was committed to her. They encouraged her to focus on proposal rather than her emotions. (At the beginning of the season she tells Chris "go easy on the H word" - by Spain she is grilling Kip about proposal). I think something happened to her in this process, partly producer driven. She didn't want to look like a fool up there with nobody proposing to her. Jill was also particularly looking for someone to "tell her what she wanted to hear". Because Kip and Reid are just so stinkin honest they weren't willing to do it but Ed was -- she was encouraged to focus on this fact rather than other facts like what happened in the FS w/ Ed and her own emotions regarding Kip and Reid. (Same thing probably happened to Jason w/ Mel and Molly--thus his outcome).

Ed was played too although I don't really care. He wanted to be famous, TPTB knew this and knew what a lying pile of poo he is -- they sent him home and brought him back all knowing his character. Why not leave the db home? They brought him back for their own reasons-- Jill was moving on! They brought him back bc this was the most scandalous outcome -- (all publicity is good publicity-- cover of US magazine?! Shock to everybody!). They knew of Ed's cheating ways, they hinted at it in the edit (plus gave him a screw you edit)-- they played "Hollywood Ed" too.

Right now, TPTB are "supporting" this truly bad situation with this lying son of a gun. No one has ever told Jill the truth-- Chris rushed her decision re Reid at the FRC. TPTB did everything they could to help her choose Ed for their own reasons. They painted an edit that makes Jill look like a fool and a poor judge of character. I do not think either of these things are accurate. I think I am most sad for Jill. Her biggest mistake was being too trusting and believing what she is told -- a character trait they assessed from the moment they met her and exploited.
    I think your post is right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3647749;
    Jill changed her story about people coming on with g/f and now it makes some sense. I don't know if she knew about the g/f during filming but after it I think she was made aware and that's why her stance changed. She's been defending Ed for some time now. When Tanner bought up the alleged g/f she freaked out on show. Cried, called them out, carried on, felt disrespected, couldn't understand why they'd do that, and cancelled the cocktail party.

Fast forward and it all changes in interviews right before he becomes F1. Now she's more understanding of it and not at all upset and outraged as long as they break up with the g/f. Total 180 from what she said on show. She knew after he was her F1 that he was the one with the g/f or two and now she was stuck. She covered it and defended it as best as she could. There were some red flags that she either totally missed during filming or excused because she was in love.
    That is a really good point. Jillian is certainly not the first woman to stay with a cheater.
    Shoes make the best statement!

I always want to change the name of this thread to JILLIAN WANTED A TV PROPOSAL.

It's what afflicts all of them.

It is the ESSENCE of the Stockholm Syndrom/suspension of ordinary judgment that happens to participants in the show, most of all the lead.

They are brainwashed by producers to believe that any TV Ending short of a proposal will brand them as failures, unsuccessful, a "failed" season.

We on the outside can see that it isn't true. Brad Womack -- not feeling any butterflies toward any contestant -- could filter their B.S., and see that 6 months after the finale, he'd be viewed a man of good conscience, but a heartbreaking liar.

Deanna fell in to that trap. Andy Baldwin did a cram-down proposal. Jason was in no place emotionally to propose to anyone after that Sobfest on the railing.

They are brainwashed every day into thinking that the only Good Ending for them professionally is a Proposal.

Frankly, ALL of them know that marriage has nothing to do with a tv proposal after 8 weeks of fake dating in front of camera crews.

Here, I think the difference is that Ed saw it as a fiction at the time, and Jillian in part believed she was coming out of the show with a Boyfriend, and (MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY TO HER) a good TV Ending, suitable to launch the next stage of her TV career.

She mouths all this stuff now about focusing on the relationship above any TV ambitions, but I think it is baloney and it should be.

Rooted in producer deceptions and Ed deceptions during filming, it. is. doomed.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3646590;
    Please! Someone make me stop trying to analyze and understand this show!

Something Jill said about the Melissa/Jason/Molly situation rang really true to me and I think it's a clue to understanding her season....warped as it is. She said that she was much closer to Mel, but that she understood Jason because he was infatuated with Mel, but what he really needed and understood after it was all over was that he was looking for someone to love him forever.

IMO, Mel was exciting to him, but Mel was in it to win...not necessarily to be a stepmom to a 4 year old, wife of an insurance guy and living in the soggy northwest. After it was over, they found out they just weren't compatible for the long haul.

So, Jillian thought immediately that she wouldn't let that happen to her so she was looking for a guy she felt she had real world compatibility with her. Ed, for all his faults fits that description best. This is NOT an insult to her, although I am sure some will make it one, she was just not real world compatible with Kip or Reid, as much as she liked them. She knew Ed was a gamble, but it was a calculated risk since she already knew that her personality, lifestyle, etc wouldn't fit with the other two.

Based on all of the Lindsey/Bethany interviews, one thing became clear to me...I think the producers approached Ed, and when he said he couldn't do the show for eight weeks since he couldn't get off that much time, they agreed to let him come, work on the side and then let him go at the end of two weeks...whatever he committed to. No one, including Ed, the gf, or the producers thought he would be more than a weeks early drama. It's probably hard to find guys that look like quality (good looks, good job, etc) and aren't immediately identified as fameho's, so I'm sure they make concessions to beef up the earlier episodes.

Unfortunately, Jill fell hard for him, Ed liked her enough to reconsider his position and left a big ole mess for the producers to figure out.
    I, for one, agree with your statement. Reid and Kyp's lifestyles and backgrounds just don't fit with her's at all. Neither one of them seemto be partying/drinking types. Without all the dirt coming out about the real Ed, we would be none the wiser and considered her choice to be just fine, apart from personal opinions. Neither one of them will ever live this down. 5 years from now anyone that googles or wikis them will find the same info that we have now. Heck, her kids will be able to find it.
    " A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one". Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

FORT Fogey

I always feel like when the rejected girls do this show it's not about finding love anymore, it's about saving face. It's about getting a proposal on TV for validation after having been humiliated the first time around. And, ABC, does one better for them. They get them two proposals. One is the reject-the-guy-on-bended-knee-proposal. As though humiliating one of them assuages their own past humiliation.

I believe that Ed made some kind of deal with the devil either before he came on the show, or when it was too late to do much about it. He had to come back and propose and say all the things that Jillian wanted to hear. I don't know why he had to do it. If it was money or blackmail or some kind of promise, but he was somehow coerced into it.

FORT Newbie

Well, Jilly got her proposal and I hope she'll hang onto it long enough to dry the ink on her new design show contract, which by the way probably has not happened yet. She's having to put up with some humiliation and play the ABC/BACH game, but she's slowly wising up and will realize that she needs to capitalize on her brand now or never. If she decides to stay with Ed she will not do it without some sort of backup plan. Again, this is what I hope the outcome will be!!

One thing I do know, from much experience, is that Chicago is a small/big town. It's what we're known for, providing an urban experience in a neighborhood setting. That being said, when and if Jill does move to our city she will soon be circulating in the same neighborhood, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, Home Depot, etc. as the rest of Ed's friends and exes. Clearly he has fessed ALL to her in detail because having also lived in Chicago for many years, Ed knows of it's small town, neighborhood vibe. He knows that he has to tell her all because she will hear it ALL within a week of moving here. Trust me, this is NOT a city one can hide out in for long, especially if they are living in one of our young professional neighborhoods. Chicago is a neighborhood, block by block city. Those of us who live here normally do our day to day activities within a 5 block range of where we live. Of course we roam about and enjoy all that a large metro area has to offer, but the majority of our time is spent within a small geographical area. Just a little insight for those of you who may be worrying that Ed is still trying to manipulate Jill (or that it might work). It won't work. If you need any proof of this just read the US article to learn that his two exes met by running into each other at the same neighborhood bar.

FORT Regular

I read the US article yesterday. Honestly, I totally believed what the ex's said. I liked Ed, too. However, I do think if they are going to be married, there needs to be some serious pre-marital counseling done. Plus, why would those girls lie? No reason, methinks.

The wierd thing is that Ed is denying this..What was that all about? He needs to come clean for sure and turn his life around.

Closed Thread