Closed Thread
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3622587;
    what exactly was so brilliant about the ending? I totally skipped the ATFR show. Last season for me. So scripted....LOL The only success story is Trista/Ryan. Can't foresee the same ending for Jillian and Ed.
    Never will see that kind of ending again the show has become to scripted and manipulated to have that "reall-natural" ending..

FORT Newbie

Long time lurker...but got obsessed with this season and joined up here.

I tried to give all the final 3 the benefit of the doubt. Although, I didn't see a great connection with Jilly and Kip nor did I "get" her and Ed either. What I did see...was a major connection, physically and emotionally between Jilly and Reid. Last nights ATFR confirmed it for me. It was there when she let him go F3 night as well as at the FRC. I don't know how much of it was "scripted" but you just can't script that body language and emotion that was shown us on TV between Jill and Reid. No way now how. The woman could NOT keep her eyes off Reid during any of this. She should have given herself the time to think more thoroughly about this instead of jumping into an engagement IMO.

I didn't know about all the rumors, etc. about Ed. I just knew what I saw on TV and my gut feelings. So, it didn't nor does it now make me change my opinion about him. He might be the nicest guy in the world for all I know. But, what I've seen...his lack of eye contact, his fake-ish comments, etc. are what I base my opinion on. Maybe he's sincere. The point is pretty much mute now since Jilly has made her decision.

Likewise, I'm here to say that love can and does happen fast. I wasn't in that type of situation like TB but I met my hubby and he showed up at my door after only a couple dates and never left! We were engaged w/i 3 months and married in 8 months. We've now been together almost 20 years.

I do hope Jilly and Ed are truly happy and can make it work if that's what they BOTH want. But, for some reason I don't see it lasting for some reason. I saw that chance for lasting love with Jilly and Reid tho. You don't have those feelings like I saw last night after 2 months apart...and most especially since you've been seeing your fiance in the meantime. You don't need to think about it like she did at the FRC...she looked like she was itching to accept Reid's proposal IMO. Of course, I could be wrong like the rest of the Reid fans. Ed and Jilly did look quite happy last night but it was "off" to me for some reason. And, the bragging or commenting about the s-x last night was awkward and a bit much IMO. What ever happened to not kissing and telling? I found that odd as well...like they were trying to "prove" something.

Oh well, JMO on everything. :p

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3621736;
    The fact that she is already preparing to move is huge!!
    I agree, most of the time the couples don't move in together and that's a make or break kind of thing. I mean Trista moved to Colorado (?), Ian and Meredith moved in together, so did Charlie and Sarah.

I also wish we could all take a step back on the Reid/Kiptyn/Ed debate. These were all very fine gentlemen in this season. I think anyone of them would make a great husband. (Jake and Jesse and a few others can be thrown in the mix.)

I just think it was easy to pick a favorite because most of them are very likeable. Especially the final three.

I also think it's funny that after almost 20 seasons of Fleiss and Company we don't acknowledge that unless we are there or we can watch every bit of film that's in the can, we are getting the edit Fleiss wants to give us. I think the viewers were more confused than Jillian this season, again because there were a lot of great guys so it was easy to see "connections."

I'm one of the people who freaked when he left and as soon as he returned I knew he was the one. Same way, you just knew Byran was going to pick Mary when she was introduced that season, same way Daisy picked London when he return to Daisy of Love.

At the end of the day, I hope Ed and Jillian are very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by fougette;3620686;
    How dare he? How DARE he propose to Jillian? We've seen so many MINUTES of the MANY hours they spent together --- surely we are better judges of who is right for her than she is! And that nasty Chris Harrison! How dare he ask her to follow her heart after being with them and watching them all season! Surely he doesn't know as well as WE do who is right for her! The nerve!

But really, I never saw Ed as a snake oil salesman, but as a rather shy man who was definitely not as comfortable in front of the cameras as some of the other men. Yes, he's not as polished a dresser as many of them, and he isn't as effortless with Jillian's family as Kiptyn seemed to be, but that doesn't make him a bad person, nor necessarily the WRONG person for Jillian. He's an IT guy, and at the risk of promoting stereotypes, (sorry Ed), probably naturally more withdrawn.

I was surprised at the edit last night, why I should be surprised at this point, I don't know, but watching their body language, I was sure he wasn't going to be the one she chose. But I was pleasantly surprised to see her reaction to him after she could finally say how she felt about him, and he proposed, and I really enjoyed seeing them together talking to the cameraman during the end credits. That was truly the best that I've seen them together.

How difficult must it be to be a naturally quiet person, and discover you have feelings for someone, and try to be natural in acting on them when there are cameras dogging your every move? And how difficult for Jillian, such a naturally effusive person, to not be able to say what she feels about him and rein in her feelings until the last day?
    I also think that Ed is a little shy, more reserved in real life and when he's on camera he's even more reserved. He is an IT person (information technology) and they tend to analyze many things, it's part of his personality which is why he does what he does for a living.

It's not important that Ed is a hip dresser, what he wears, as long as he's well groomed and not a slob, lol. He is comfortable with who he is, this is much more important. His lack of eye contact, it wasn't the best but when he was talking to Jilly's family, he had plenty of eye contact and when he told her he loved her and proposed.

Yesterday, while on this thread I was getting upset reading people's negative comments about him. I like him more than Reid and Kip for Jilly, but that doesn't mean I dogg Kiptyn or Reid to make Ed look good.

Last edited by graycat11; 07-29-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3621068;
    Isn't it funny ... if your daughter, sister, best friend, niece, etc., had dated a guy only a few times over the course of a couple of months and then told you they were engaged, would you be ecstatically happy for her? I wish this show ended with a "promise ring" and dating IRL, not an engagement ring. The goal should not be marriage. That's a lot of pressure.
    Promise ring........no, I disagree, just no ring period. I don't believe in promise rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3622587;
    what exactly was so brilliant about the ending? I totally skipped the ATFR show. Last season for me. So scripted....LOL The only success story is Trista/Ryan. Can't foresee the same ending for Jillian and Ed.
    You're being negative .

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3622587 View Post
    I think if you had watched - you might have seen that she is truly happy with Ed.

The ending was brilliant to Jillian b/c she is totally in love with Ed.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3622849;
    I think if you had watched - you might have seen that she is truly happy with Ed.

The ending was brilliant to Jillian b/c she is totally in love with Ed.
    I think everyone sees a happy and in love Jillian. Forgive anyone who wants to wait and see what happens given the track record. I think skepticism is healthy at this point when we've all seen these relationships fail in due time. After investing several weeks watching what you think might be the real thing only to have it blown apart is disheartening. There has not been one single season yet where people haven't been totally convinced that the couple will last forever. I've gone back to read postings and it's sad.

It's not the wait and see attitude that bothers me...the poster I replied to didn't even watch the ATFR b/c they think it is all scripted. If Jillian and Ed aren't truly in love - then they deserve Emmys!!! So many people aren't even giving their love story a chance.

Personally given what we did see still on the ATFRC that ABC should have given the option to dating outside the show as they did Charlie's show. they had nothing to lose & given Jillians feelings still evident on the show the other nite would still give her an honest chance to really figure it out.
    I say she is still in love with two men.
    One is safe & the norm for her which if she thinks about it safe has not worked for her up to this point or go out on a limb & take a different challenge with someone she would not normally date. I say she got scared.
    If she is happy wonderful & kudos & all that but I think ABC did her a dis service.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

Closed Thread