Closed Thread
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2262636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by GLBW;3620831;
    If the true love story really was between Jillian and Ed, then fantastic. I'm so very happy for them. It's just so annoying to watch the way the show is edited season after season so that the viewers don't really know what is going to happen. I get that they want to keep us in the dark - we probably wouldn't watch as much if they didn't do so. But at the end, I don't know about you guys, but I always feel cheated. If the Bach/Bach'ette really falls in love with someone, we're never able to really see it. We draw other conclusions (Reid, Kiptyn, etc) and then feel disappointed in the outcome because the edits lead us down the wrong path. UGH!!!!

If she really only fell madly in love with Ed, great. Then why oh why did she badger poor Reid to death about not opening up. And with Kip, too. Maybe that's one of the things she's coached to do by TPTB?

Personally, I was a fan of Reid and Jillian. Everything we were shown seemed to tell a love story between the two of them. Then last night I even found myself on the Kiptyn train. Thought he seemed so sincere with her family.

Oh well, it's just a TV show, right?
    I had always felt this way too until I got involved on the spoilers board. It is great to have the clues before hand and helps to look at the whole thing a bit more objectively. I have to disagree and say that I did see the love story...there were many points...and it was edited to show that. For instance, there was a romantic date in a great hotel in Spain between her and Reid that was never shown? Why?...to be able to show more of her and Ed together. More actual minutes were shown with her and Ed than any of the F3. I do have to say that even though I knew how the ending was going to turn out....I was confused by her date and family time with Kip.....and thought to myself, maybe the sluethers were wrong....but of course they were right! LOL! I would like them to show more of what happens inside the house when the bachelor/bacheloretts earn the right to stay in the house.

Well to add my two cents in to what has already been said a few times I am totally thrilled with the finale. For the first time ever I finally saw the real love story, in regards to Jillian and Ed. I was hoping he would be her choice from the get go and I loved the proposal.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

If the true love story really was between Jillian and Ed, then fantastic. I'm so very happy for them. It's just so annoying to watch the way the show is edited season after season so that the viewers don't really know what is going to happen. I get that they want to keep us in the dark - we probably wouldn't watch as much if they didn't do so. But at the end, I don't know about you guys, but I always feel cheated. If the Bach/Bach'ette really falls in love with someone, we're never able to really see it. We draw other conclusions (Reid, Kiptyn, etc) and then feel disappointed in the outcome because the edits lead us down the wrong path. UGH!!!!

If she really only fell madly in love with Ed, great. Then why oh why did she badger poor Reid to death about not opening up. And with Kip, too. Maybe that's one of the things she's coached to do by TPTB?

Personally, I was a fan of Reid and Jillian. Everything we were shown seemed to tell a love story between the two of them. Then last night I even found myself on the Kiptyn train. Thought he seemed so sincere with her family.

Isn't it funny ... if your daughter, sister, best friend, niece, etc., had dated a guy only a few times over the course of a couple of months and then told you they were engaged, would you be ecstatically happy for her? I wish this show ended with a "promise ring" and dating IRL, not an engagement ring. The goal should not be marriage. That's a lot of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3621068;
    Isn't it funny ... if your daughter, sister, best friend, niece, etc., had dated a guy only a few times over the course of a couple of months and then told you they were engaged, would you be ecstatically happy for her? I wish this show ended with a "promise ring" and dating IRL, not an engagement ring. The goal should not be marriage. That's a lot of pressure.
    Exactly. It's so unrealistic to think that three men were prepared to propose after knowing Jill for such a very short time. There HAS to be pressure!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;3619764;
    and it was def. NOT a trista and ryan ending imho.

Ed was Charlie and Reid was Ryan when comparing the 2 seasons... hope Jillian is happy with her Charlie

........and if I recall correctly, the majority of this board was so pro-Charlie and convinced that he was F1, poor Trista was royally trashed after she chose Ryan!

Just maybe we do have a Trista - Ryan ending here. I am very tired of the Ed hate here. I was wondering where Ryveted, Cape, etc. had been for most of the season. Now I know. Guess I'll join you guys next time. You were missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae;3621465 View Post
    ........and if I recall correctly, the majority of this board was so pro-Charlie and convinced that he was F1, poor Trista was royally trashed after she chose Ryan!

Just maybe we do have a Trista - Ryan ending here. I am very tired of the Ed hate here. I was wondering where Ryveted, Cape, etc. had been for most of the season. Now I know. Guess I'll join you guys next time. You were missed.
    The Ed hate was tiring this season and I just really saw IT between the two of them. Tonight they confirmed to me that they are really in love. I think they will get married and be very happy together. The fact that she is already preparing to move is huge!!

FORT Newbie

This is my first time posting. I love reading your comments. I agree that it was Jillian's choice but why did she have to push and prod Reid to reveal his feelings if she was in love with Ed? That is when I lost respect for her.

Quote Originally Posted by kobysgrandma;3622034 View Post
    This is my first time posting. I love reading your comments. I agree that it was Jillian's choice but why did she have to push and prod Reid to reveal his feelings if she was in love with Ed? That is when I lost respect for her.
    That is the format of the show and Jillian needed to know how the guys felt. She pushed all of them to talk about their feelings - even Wes. She had to know if they were there for the right reasons. I think she did fall in love lock stock and barrell with Ed once he returned and no one else stood a chance. BUT she did agree to be the lead in this series where they are told to push the guys to tell them how they feel about them.

I will never understand people like Reid who come on this show and then complain about the process. He KNEW the process. Group date for several weeks, if you are lucky go on fantasy dates, and be ready to propose at the end of 6-8 weeks. If you can't commit to something like that, then you are going to get left out in the cold. Jill had 3 great guys but only one was sure that he was 100% in love ready to commit with her and let her know once they hit Hawaii. If you are with a guy and you just aren't sure how he feels, you can't keep him in this process - you owe it to yourself to keep the ones who are ready and comfortable with what is going on. Jillian didn't have to struggle with Ed to find out his feelings - he poured his heart out to her - so then instead of asking him how do you feel about me - they could talk about other stuff and have more time to be a couple together and more time to fall further in love.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3621736;
    The Ed hate was tiring this season and I just really saw IT between the two of them. Tonight they confirmed to me that they are really in love. I think they will get married and be very happy together. The fact that she is already preparing to move is huge!!
    Exactly the hatred of Ed has been just ugly and vile again I say whose puppy did this man kick?? I am assuming we will never get apologies on the absolute false statements and innuendos made against this amazing man who captured Jills heart even now I read remarks that make it seem Jill settled or now its attack Jill because she didn't pick someones fave Jill never appeared to me to be the settling kind.

I am so happy for Ed and Jill to me they are so much like Ryan and Trista as a matter of fact Ed reminds me so much of Ryan smart,funny, tall, dark and utterly handsome and I loved how Jills Grandmother said how handsome Ed was I think I saw a blush on Eds cheeks LOL and I could tell Jills father really respected and felt Ed was the one for his daughter that meant alot to Jill from her reaction for Jill to move to Chicago my sweet home Chitown is really really huge as someone said in a earlier post it means real committment to making this work amd just to see the big smile on Jills face she found her soulmate.

I wish them all the best life has to offer them in their journey together.
    Last edited by MattLuvsShayne; 07-29-2009 at 06:49 AM.

FORT Fanatic

what exactly was so brilliant about the ending? I totally skipped the ATFR show. Last season for me. So scripted....LOL The only success story is Trista/Ryan. Can't foresee the same ending for Jillian and Ed.
    Last edited by Brn2Wander; 07-29-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Closed Thread