Closed Thread
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cltw;3619116;
    seems like Chris H was really pushing Jillian towards Ed....thanks a lot Chris
    Chris was telling her to go with her gut, he asked her important questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3619128;
    Poor Reid. I hope that was a Fleiss doing and not his.
    He chose to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3620025;
    I watched it online, and again in PST zone ... during my second viewing, it became abundantly clear to me that Jilly was really thrown for a loop ... she couldn't figure out what the heck Reid was doing there, and not Ed, kept looking and saying she was confused. I think she thought that Ed wasn't coming, and Reid showed up instead. It wasn't until she spoke with Chris that she figured out that Ed was still on his way.

She said after she sent Kip away that she never had to send someone home that she was crazy about ... tells you right there she wasn't crazy about Reid. She told Reid she was so happy about today until he showed up. Poor girl, she thought she lost the man she loved (Ed), and was trying to take it all in.

My 2 cents. I'm happy for her and Ed, they are adorable together.
    I think you are right in this. Her confusion was unmistakeable. Her reaction to Ed's proposal is everything one would want to see on TV...especially after her roller coaster day There was pure joy and happiness and goofiness, as well.

This has been one of the MOST. DRAMATIC. FINAL ROSE CEREMONIES yet. I dread to wonder what the production team will come up with for the next Bachelor. One thing, though, I really, really hope they don't re-tread but go for a FRESH FACE. please.

I wasn't a Jillian fan during the last Bachelor, but I came to enjoy her this season with all her quirks and earthiness. She has shown more personality than any lead in the franchise. Good casting.

I'm looking forward to catching up with the gang at the ATFR tonight.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm glad she chose Ed but I felt sorry for Reid. I didn't feel bad for Kip though as I didn't sense any deep feelings there. And their kissing was so awkward!

How dare he? How DARE he propose to Jillian? We've seen so many MINUTES of the MANY hours they spent together --- surely we are better judges of who is right for her than she is! And that nasty Chris Harrison! How dare he ask her to follow her heart after being with them and watching them all season! Surely he doesn't know as well as WE do who is right for her! The nerve!

But really, I never saw Ed as a snake oil salesman, but as a rather shy man who was definitely not as comfortable in front of the cameras as some of the other men. Yes, he's not as polished a dresser as many of them, and he isn't as effortless with Jillian's family as Kiptyn seemed to be, but that doesn't make him a bad person, nor necessarily the WRONG person for Jillian. He's an IT guy, and at the risk of promoting stereotypes, (sorry Ed), probably naturally more withdrawn.

I was surprised at the edit last night, why I should be surprised at this point, I don't know, but watching their body language, I was sure he wasn't going to be the one she chose. But I was pleasantly surprised to see her reaction to him after she could finally say how she felt about him, and he proposed, and I really enjoyed seeing them together talking to the cameraman during the end credits. That was truly the best that I've seen them together.

How difficult must it be to be a naturally quiet person, and discover you have feelings for someone, and try to be natural in acting on them when there are cameras dogging your every move? And how difficult for Jillian, such a naturally effusive person, to not be able to say what she feels about him and rein in her feelings until the last day?

As far as reliable posters and their information about him, I live in a small town, and have heard much false information from "reliable" sources, and I have long since learned not to believe anything unless I hear it from people who are ACTUALLY involved. A very good life lesson.
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

FORT Regular

In Jillian's short interview with Extra this past weekend, she said that she was never in love with all the F3 men and that she will only accept a proposal if she is madly in love with the person. So there you go............she picked Ed because she is in love with him, nobody else. Reid coming back to me looked like a segue of him becoming the next Bachelor. Producers wanted to show that he is able to commit. IMO

I just wish that some folks would stop bashing Jillian and Ed for the decision that they made. It's their life after all.

FORT Newbie

If the true love story really was between Jillian and Ed, then fantastic. I'm so very happy for them. It's just so annoying to watch the way the show is edited season after season so that the viewers don't really know what is going to happen. I get that they want to keep us in the dark - we probably wouldn't watch as much if they didn't do so. But at the end, I don't know about you guys, but I always feel cheated. If the Bach/Bach'ette really falls in love with someone, we're never able to really see it. We draw other conclusions (Reid, Kiptyn, etc) and then feel disappointed in the outcome because the edits lead us down the wrong path. UGH!!!!

If she really only fell madly in love with Ed, great. Then why oh why did she badger poor Reid to death about not opening up. And with Kip, too. Maybe that's one of the things she's coached to do by TPTB?

Personally, I was a fan of Reid and Jillian. Everything we were shown seemed to tell a love story between the two of them. Then last night I even found myself on the Kiptyn train. Thought he seemed so sincere with her family.

Oh well, it's just a TV show, right?

FORT Fogey

FWIW, I came into this season not particularly a Jillian fan. I also wasn't a Jason fan or a DeAnna fan in their seasons. I ended this season still not a Jillian fan, or an Ed fan, or a Reid fan. I really liked Kiptyn. But I wasn't emotionally attached to a Kip/Jill finale because I didn't see those two as the best match, Ed/Jill was obviously the best match, IMO.

For those who loved Reid and want him to be the next Bach, be careful what you wish for. It's much easier to not become emotionally attached to a particular outcome when you don't start out attached to the lead. Just one person's humble opinion.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GLBW;3620831;
    If the true love story really was between Jillian and Ed, then fantastic. I'm so very happy for them. It's just so annoying to watch the way the show is edited season after season so that the viewers don't really know what is going to happen. I get that they want to keep us in the dark - we probably wouldn't watch as much if they didn't do so. But at the end, I don't know about you guys, but I always feel cheated. If the Bach/Bach'ette really falls in love with someone, we're never able to really see it. We draw other conclusions (Reid, Kiptyn, etc) and then feel disappointed in the outcome because the edits lead us down the wrong path. UGH!!!!

If she really only fell madly in love with Ed, great. Then why oh why did she badger poor Reid to death about not opening up. And with Kip, too. Maybe that's one of the things she's coached to do by TPTB?

Personally, I was a fan of Reid and Jillian. Everything we were shown seemed to tell a love story between the two of them. Then last night I even found myself on the Kiptyn train. Thought he seemed so sincere with her family.

Oh well, it's just a TV show, right?
    Yup, you got it. It's a TV show after all and the participants are at the mercy of the producers.

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone know if they're still together? The show doensn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to couples actually getting married. I think Trista and Ryan Sutter are the only ones to actually get married.

Closed Thread