Closed Thread
Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3620347;
    Mormons and Quakers? What do you mean? I highly doubt many of them watch this show.
    The people who are making moral judgments on Jillian and other people on the show based on the most trivial things. Like someone at another board was just appalled that Reid cracked upon a beer in the van after being rejected. Are you kidding me? Yeah that is a sign of evil and moral depravity for sure.

No, you're not. I can't even watch them together, it just seems so awkward, and he seems like he's acting. Nothing he's saying sounds sincere. Her Mom even kind of said that when she said "he doesn't seem to have as much feeling" as Kip.
    The amazing thing is that the love story that really played out in the FR is the one between Jillian and Reid. That was the only genuine heartfelt connection I saw the whole night. To me there was nothing but reading from a teleprompter like statements from Ed. He just does not sound sincere. He told her what he knew she wanted to hear and ta-da winner. I'm sure we all know couples who are constantly telling each other "love you" every waking moment, while they are having affairs left and right. Hope it works out for her, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3620349;
    That's been my take and I also felt like Ed was having more fun just hanging out with everyone or that core group he was close with.

Even last night a lot of the body language on those last dates still seemed more awkward to me with Jill and Ed whereas it was far more natural with Kip and Jill. Maybe it is just because he is so tall and she is so short.
    i completely agree - how does this make any sense when two people are fully in love and about to start their life together? they seem to be stuck in date 3 mode or something....

whereas in addition to kip - reid's body language with jill was still out the roof - i was very surprised and amazed by that! Also remember how jill said "its a brilliant ending, u have to see if i pick anyone or not..." i think they reedited it but originally i think the show left off in a cliffhanger...they're just managing backlash at this point - these are experienced tv producers if they could they would have just left us hanging or have that brilliant twist - they just weren't expecting the backlash I think. either that or its a set up for reid to be the next bachelor (i think he might take the offer if only to get over jillian- poor reid!!!)
    Last edited by emusha; 07-28-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowglo;3620356;
    The amazing thing is that the love story that really played out in the FR is the one between Jillian and Reid. That was the only genuine heartfelt connection I saw the whole night. To me there was nothing but reading from a teleprompter like statements from Ed. He just does not sound sincere. He told her what he knew she wanted to hear and ta-da winner. I'm sure we all know couples who are constantly telling each other "love you" every waking moment, while they are having affairs left and right. Hope it works out for her, but I doubt it.
    Yeah, it does give one a bit of a 'what if' moment. But, like Reid said, it wasn't meant to be.

I am totally curious how it would go if Reid became TB, because he sure is frank with his answers.

I can't seem to find Reid's Diary of the Departed from last night that people are talking about. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ilooovereid;3620398;
    I can't seem to find Reid's Diary of the Departed from last night that people are talking about. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    The Bachelorette - Home - ABC.com
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3619554;
    also... while I don't think Jillian picked the "best guy"... I do think she picked (who she believes is) the best guy for her
    I hope it works out. I doubt that it will (more b/c of the track record/rumors than anything else) but I hope (against hope) that it does.

I was never a huge Jillian fan. I didn't watch Jason's season, so I had no pre-conceived ideas going into this season. While I definitely thought that Reid and Kip were the class acts, I did not particularly think they matched with JIllian's "earthier" side. This show was a total circus and I'm not at all sure that Kip and Reid don't consider themselves better off not being F1. Jillian also had to be aware of the machinations that tptb put these guys through and that she was the ONLY fish in the sea for them. She had to weigh who would be attracted to her in real life. Perhaps she knew that neither Reid nor Kip knew the real Jillian and felt she had the best chance with Ed. Who knows, I don't care, but I SURE don't think that Reid or Kip would be better off having been chosen. jmho.
    Note: The Jenga block thing to me was the heads up that Jillian and Ed were a match. I do believe that Jillian likes that kind of thing from her man. Jill's drinking did come out at the end, I think they are both heavy partiers.
    Bottom line: I don't know ANY of these people and they could care less about me. Every season I watch--I've taken several "breaks" it's reinforced that EVERYONE who participates in this show goes on for the "wrong" reasons at least in part. They want to be on t.v., want the adventure, want to promote their careers. More and more the ones just looking for love are clued in that this is NOT the venue in which they'll find their soulmate.

I skipped the show, so I really enjoyed posters' comments.

Can anyone tell me what she whispered to Reid again when they were hugging & before they left the alter? She says something & its not call me like she did the first time she let him go. That one still drives me nutty.
    Seriously letting him go the first time & saying call me & he says NO you call me. She wanted that ring so bad last night from Reid it was scary. I wonder why she didn't date two men till ATFRC. Some werid stuff last night when Reid was leaving.
    I wonder how ED feels tonight after seeing that one.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3620318;
    I thought the proposal was very cute - but I cannot help it - my judgement is clouded by the info we received from some very reliable, respected posters. Only time will tell.

I love Reid & thought it was heart wrenching. But I do think it was producer induced. Maybe they told him she wanted him back - you know they would stoop that low. But he never flew home to Phila & didn't have to pull strings. But it is a great lead in for him being the next Bachelor.
    Is this a fact or opinion? Not being snarky, just curious to know if it's true, and if so, how you know for sure. Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;3620439;
    Can anyone tell me what she whispered to Reid again when they were hugging & before they left the alter? She says something & its not call me like she did the first time she let him go. That one still drives me nutty.
    Seriously letting him go the first time & saying call me & he says NO you call me. She wanted that ring so bad last night from Reid it was scary. I wonder why she didn't date two men till ATFRC. Some werid stuff last night when Reid was leaving.
    I wonder how ED feels tonight after seeing that one.
    I thought it was weird, too. If she was so sure Ed was the one, why the need to go off and think about Reid's proposal? Why not just tell him gently and confidently on the spot that she had made her choice and was sure about it? I didn't like the way CH steered her back to Ed, either. If he wanted to play Dr. Phil, he might have suggested that if she still has feelings for Reid (which, if she didn't, she wouldn't have been sitting there feeling confused and torn), that she should give herself more time and not be planning to accept another man's proposal in a few minutes.

Closed Thread