Closed Thread
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3620173;
    oh gross
    Further proof that one can't always rely on first impressions!

For those who care, Reid and Kip's Diaries of the Departed are on the ABC site (Bachelorette main page). Reid doesn't like Ed too much, suffice to say... says she made a huge mistake and that she's going to "find out." He also has some kind of choice words to say when asked about Ed later. Don't know what because they not only bleeped him, they blacked his mouth out.

for Reid. And Jillian too. And Kip.

FORT Newbie

did anyone else think it was weird when Ed didn't ask Jillian's dad permission to marry her? he just said "what do you think if i proposed to her". call me old fashioned but what happened to asking for permission to marry one's daughter?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3619908;
    I don't understand how anyone can watch that proposal, and how happy Jillian and Ed were, and not be happy for them. They were adorable, and even better in the outtakes. I'm cautiously optimistic about their success (a first for me) but I guess time will tell.
    I hear ya' but I think life outside that environment has got to be so different. The odds are against them. I keep hearing conflicting stories about Ed. I used to adore him, but now I am cautious.

I hated watching Kip and Reid. I always hate the part when people get hurt. They were such great guys it made me sad for them.
    Me too. I have to mute the volume during the jilting moments. Too nerve-wracking and sad.

Unrelated to all this, I think Jillian is great. I have a girl-crush on her. She's active, playful, ambitious, smart, funny, happy, etc. She's got it going on. If I were a guy, I'd want to date her over most of the women that go on that show!

My luck + reality shows = Ed's an ass.

I hope for once in my life, my radar is right and he's the great guy I thought he was in the beginning.

FORT Newbie

I don't live in the States and just watched Reid's plea on youtube. I just lost it!! I really feel for him and his feelings of utmost lost over someone who seemed perfect for him and for her. How can he get over this? I really feel terrible for him and wish him someone who will adore and love him forever. Reid - keep your chin up!!! You WILL find someone.

FORT Regular

I'm sorry, but there is just something about Ed - like he is being forced to do this. It's as if he is having to pretend that he has feelings for her. I liked Ed on there very first one on one date date - that seemed like the real Ed. But ever since then, I feel like he is being strong armed. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I thought the proposal was very cute - but I cannot help it - my judgement is clouded by the info we received from some very reliable, respected posters. Only time will tell.

I love Reid & thought it was heart wrenching. But I do think it was producer induced. Maybe they told him she wanted him back - you know they would stoop that low. But he never flew home to Phila & didn't have to pull strings. But it is a great lead in for him being the next Bachelor.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by When_in_Rome;3620315;
    I'm sorry, but there is just something about Ed - like he is being forced to do this. It's as if he is having to pretend that he has feelings for her. I liked Ed on there very first one on one date date - that seemed like the real Ed. But ever since then, I feel like he is being strong armed. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    No, you're not. I can't even watch them together, it just seems so awkward, and he seems like he's acting. Nothing he's saying sounds sincere. Her Mom even kind of said that when she said "he doesn't seem to have as much feeling" as Kip.

Obviously some people watch them together and see it differently.... hope they are happy, just didn't make for good TV in my opinion. Reid and Kip sound much more sincere.

I reiterate that people were disappointed because of things Jillian herself said or claimed. First of all she was rejected by Jason and devastated on the friend card. She said she wanted something like she had with Jason only with reciprocal feelings - a best friend, someone comfortable with etc and Reid seemed to fit the bill of what she claimed she was looking for, Ed is probably in the mold of the guys she usually went after and perhaps has not worked out int in the past. Not saying we're not wrong. Beyond that I don't like all the other nasty comments people have made about Jillian. I mean is there a lot of Mormons and Quakers watching this show. She is a typical Canadian fun loving gal, someone with spunk and not a barbie doll, perhaps too headstrong for her own good but in the end she can only make the best of the situation she is in.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3620345;
    I reiterate that people were disappointed because of things Jillian herself said or claimed. First of all she was rejected by Jason and devastated on the friend card. She said she wanted something like she had with Jason only with reciprocal feelings - a best friend, someone comfortable with etc and Reid seemed to fit the bill of what she claimed she was looking for, Ed is probably in the mold of the guys she usually went after and perhaps has not worked out int in the past. Not saying we're not wrong. Beyond that I don't like all the other nasty comments people have made about Jillian. I mean is there a lot of Mormons and Quakers watching this show. She is a typical Canadian fun loving gal, someone with spunk and not a barbie doll, perhaps too headstrong for her own good but in the end she can only make the best of the situation she is in.
    Mormons and Quakers? What do you mean? I highly doubt many of them watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by When_in_Rome;3620315;
    That's been my take and I also felt like Ed was having more fun just hanging out with everyone or that core group he was close with.

Even last night a lot of the body language on those last dates still seemed more awkward to me with Jill and Ed whereas it was far more natural with Kip and Jill. Maybe it is just because he is so tall and she is so short.

Closed Thread