Closed Thread
Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Good show, and a good ending...for Jillian. Even though I'd always loved the interaction between her and Reid, I think she and Ed are quite suited for each other.

I loved seeing Reid again tonight, but not in the way he was portrayed, being so hurt. Seemed like he was just brought back because of his evident popularity with viewers. I'd love seeing more of him, but not sure I care to see him deal with all the crap of being a Bachelor on the show. I think he's too honest and open to pretend with several women at a time. How else can we see him though. Oh dear, what a sad dilemma

FORT Regular

I don't understand how anyone can watch that proposal, and how happy Jillian and Ed were, and not be happy for them. They were adorable, and even better in the outtakes. I'm cautiously optimistic about their success (a first for me) but I guess time will tell.

I hated watching Kip and Reid. I always hate the part when people get hurt. They were such great guys it made me sad for them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goofyme;3619649;
    The way she sent Kip home told me that she picked from Ed and Reid for the F1 and kept Kip to make it easier in the FRC. She sent Reid home bc she really felt he wasn't at the same level with her and when he returned she knew she made a mistake. Interpersonal communication doesn't lie. It was quite clear that her final decision would have been a lot tougher if Reid and Ed were the last 2 standing. She wanted to stick with the plan and she appears to still be very happy. Good for them!

I really think they will last quite a while but I think she and Reid would have made it last much much longer.

You summed it up perfectly for me based on my own feelings about how each of the men interacts with her.

JMO only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3619216;
    HA!!! Best comment of the entire season....while waiting for Ed to arrive Jilly says "Ed better not f***** disappoint me!" LOL!!!!
    Yeah, I loved this lol. Jillian and I would get along great.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3619289;
    Gag time. ETA: Ed kinda reminds me of Lurch or Herman Monster.
    He kind of reminds me of the guy who played Denny on Grey's Anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3619802;
    I agree a lot with what you are saying.

I think the ending to Jill was BRILLIANT....remember - from her point of view Ed is the man she loves and loved for a while and they sent Reid in and this totally threw her for a loop...I don't think it was a HEY - should I marry him loop but more of a - I didn't expect this loop, I don't know what to say and how to deal with this loop. So if Ed had not been the victim of so many ridiculous rumors then most would have been sitting there wondering WHAT THE HECK IS JILLIAN DOING!?!?!? and then in the last five minutes it is brilliant b/c she stays true to her heart and accepts Ed's proposal...it was EXACTLY as Jill described it would be!

I was annoyed by Reid's return. I didn't need to see that 20 minutes. I wanted to see more of Ed and Jillian at the end. I think they ALWAYS shortchange the F1...and this season was no exception. Reid should have come to the hotel that morning. I think he showed a total lack of class showing up when he did (although I know it was producer driven to be at that point) even Jillian agreed when she said to "You do know what is going on here - don't you?" I think Jill knew that Reid was not going to just walk away - she had to force him to leave at the F3 and now again. He just seemed to hang back. I don't think she wanted him, I think she just wanted to be gentle and not hurt him anymore than he obviously was.

I really enjoyed this season and I hope Ed and Jillian are very happy together. My favorite part of the night was watching Jill's left hand as she waited for Ed to finish proposing. She couldn't wait for that ring!!!

I watched it online, and again in PST zone ... during my second viewing, it became abundantly clear to me that Jilly was really thrown for a loop ... she couldn't figure out what the heck Reid was doing there, and not Ed, kept looking and saying she was confused. I think she thought that Ed wasn't coming, and Reid showed up instead. It wasn't until she spoke with Chris that she figured out that Ed was still on his way.

She said after she sent Kip away that she never had to send someone home that she was crazy about ... tells you right there she wasn't crazy about Reid. She told Reid she was so happy about today until he showed up. Poor girl, she thought she lost the man she loved (Ed), and was trying to take it all in.

My 2 cents. I'm happy for her and Ed, they are adorable together.

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3619846;
    Yeesh, cut the dude some slack. A real relationship doesn't move at warp speed in front of TV cameras with only one half of the couple saying I love you while the other messes around with other guys.
    I agree. Plus, it's not like he acted weeks and weeks or months later. Literally 5-6 days went by. I think he put it best when he said some are more suited to "that world" than others.

Sad show tonight for me.

Didn't Ed get the first impression rose?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3620131;
    Didn't Ed get the first impression rose?
    No...Dave did...

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3620145;
    No...Dave did...
    oh gross

Closed Thread