Closed Thread
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/27 Bachelorette Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3619622;
    To me it showed that all she wanted was a proposal. She just turned down Reid, so Ed had better come through with one!
    It seemed like she was after that a lot this season. It almost felt like she didn't even care who it came from as long as she got engaged. Last episode she seemed absolutely desperate about it when she kept pressing Reid and wouldn't back off. I was yelling for him to run and not look back. That is not the kind of woman he should want in his life. I hope he realized how much better off he is without her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3619622;
    To me it showed that all she wanted was a proposal. She just turned down Reid, so Ed had better come through with one!
    I really didn't think it was so awful that she wanted a proposal, given the fact that Ed kept talking about it just about every time he was shown this evening.

Jill wanted to get married. I think she thought anything less than a proposal meant the guy was not sure about her, or wasn't willing to take a chance on an engagement. This mentality is not so unusual for the show, and given Jill's insecurities, as well as her supposed readiness to get married, I did not find it offensive. I find the SHOW ridiculous though!

FORT Newbie

My prediction is that Ed and jillian will be broken up in about 6 months....AND she will be dating a single country western superstar type....It is my opinion she chose for all the wrong reasons....She's insecure.

FORT Newbie

Believe me, they're happy.

Hubby was on the computer during early portion - so I never got to say how truly impressive Kip is/was.... a great guy, no doubt about it.

Reid - oh, Reid - words fail me. I'm still so confused about all the mixed signals Jilly was sending you... I can't think of a single thing in recent memory which moved me more than you did at the FRC.... I wish you every happiness, and hope you can keep your gentle corazon open to Ms. Right, wherever she is.

Ed was a little less sleazy to me tonight.... who knows, maybe Jilly is the one who can make a difference in his life. But I trust the people who have shared info with us, so I am skeptical.

Please, sleuthers, I need more Reid backstory.... if you can dig any up, I'd be sooo grateful!! In the meantime, thx. for weathering the storms in sharing what you have. (I am soooo grateful cupcakes' report prepared me for tonight - I'd have been a puddle without the forewarning....)

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by Brindle;3619682;
    Believe me, they're happy.
    yeah... so... show's over. that means being cryptic is no longer fun. just tell us what you want to tell us

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3618598;
    Right on! His affect is very flat from day 1.

I think one of the (many) things I found sooooo lovable about Reid was his speaking voice.... so much warmth imho...

jill said - to one of the moms on htd - she's used to working for her relationship: even without any projections with rumors...ed is a workaholic that should balance life, that left her, and had issues in the bedroom -- that sounds JUST like what she's used to

Megapost®

Quote Originally Posted by Conway;3618947;
    This is my first bachelorette season -- have any of the other b-ettes been shown/edited as "liberal" as Jillian. I still say she has spunk and personality and provided an entertaining season...of course, supported by her band of merry men - Roid Rage Dave, Footfetish Tanner, Anti-Fondue Reid, Suave Juan, Fake Jake, etc...
    Of all the Bachelors and Bachelorettes, none were thrown under the bus more forcefully than Schefft. She got the worst edit ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3619150;
    Man, just when you think they can't stoop any lower...

Next season: Fat people! Yup. Gotta be!
    For real. It's called More To Love.

Produced by Mike Fleiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conway;3618852;
    I agree - the editing this season has been a roller coaster. I'd love to hear more scoop about the editing/production once the show is over -- does that ever happen?
    Sometimes. Stay tuned to FoRT over the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3619584;
    I still do not get if she reeeallllly wanted Reid why did she not take him to f2? She could still say bye bye. Just have to feel she like loved kip more?
    Many Bachelors have kicked off their second best in the F3 spot. It's considered more merciful than taking them to the finale for the big heartbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tximistarri;3619620;
    Well, if she doesn't get married and she still wants to move to the United States (and she did seem to want to move from Canada), then having a U.S. job lined up would help her do that. There are plenty of spare American jobs to go around these days. It should be nooo problem for any foreign worker to find a job here... as long as they are a reality TV "celebrity".
    From doing the show, she probably already has a work visa. Temporary, but enough to get started. As for money, I think she's set for the next year or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3619634;
    If all she wanted was a proposal, she could have said yes to either Kip or Reid.
    I agree, she wanted Ed's proposal, not just a proposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by saragrace;3619666;
    My prediction is that Ed and jillian will be broken up in about 6 months....AND she will be dating a single country western superstar type....It is my opinion she chose for all the wrong reasons....She's insecure.
    For the reasons I stated, I believe Ed will be the one to lead the relationship. If he wants marriage, then she's thrilled, if he wants out, it's over. But I don't think she will (can?) end it. It's in his hands (for good or bad).
    Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3619712;
    jill said - to one of the moms on htd - she's used to working for her relationship: even without any projections with rumors...ed is a workaholic that should balance life, that left her, and had issues in the bedroom -- that sounds JUST like what she's used to
    Despite the Fleissian spin, his "problem" was that he fell asleep. That's Ed, not E.D.

I don't have a problem with Jillian wanting to be taken care of. She knew what she wanted. Ed is that kind of guy. Kip and Reid were looking for more of an equal partner. I don't mean to imply that Jillian is incapable of caring for herself, just that she wants a guy who can take care of her. She brings Ed out of his workaholic shell, and he protects her. Despite the finale drama, she was really into Ed. If you rewatch the season, pay attention to her body language. She couldn't keep her hands, or legs, off him. She was into him. As she had the decision, game over.

For those complaining about the edit, it's always that way, for the sake of drama.

Remember this show is not a matchmaking service, it's just entertainment.

The Bachelor 14 starts taping in October and airs beginning in January. Only two months until Bachelor pre-season!
    Last edited by Zinnia; 07-28-2009 at 12:38 AM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3619318;
    She's been "Jilly" all season, now she doesn't make the choice people want her to make and she's tacky, classless a drunk, immature etc.

I really hope she doesn't read the boards.
    In my opinion if Jill is that upset with knowing Reid was now ready for a proposal, then she wasn't emotionally sure or ready enough to accept a proposal from Ed. Didn't they have to extend filming another segment because she wasn't sure who she wanted for the final choice?

I think Jill would have been much better off if she had chosen to date both Ed and Reid (and somehow not have Kiptyn in the mix), and then make her final decision at the Final Show. That would have given her more time for Reid to continue to open up and more time to get to know Ed better and then make a better decision on which would be better for her.

Closed Thread