Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Many even Jillian may be able to forgive quite a bit but the sexy texting after Ed proposed to Jillian, speaks volumes and I suspect that might just be new information for even Jillian. But I afraid this is just the start. I have to wonder if ABC is behind this because it looks like a carefully planned campaign. The fact all the videoclips on the Bachelorette site disappeared so quickly, even taken off You Tube, just this season mind you, no congratulation message on the site, it took until today to post a photo of the happy couple. There does not seem to be as many after the finale appearances and interviews as in past years despite the great ratings success. US Weekly, owned by ABC has more coverage of Melissa and Tye in Vegas than the finale and announcement about Ed and Jillian. Their rival has more coverage. If ABC is not behind it, they seem to have known it was coming and have left their happy couple to twist in the wind, out in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3629956;
    Ed didn't want to settle down and marry any of the other women. Big difference.

And Bethany seems a little hapless to have allowed herself to get sucked into this mess. You think the tabloids won't be digging into her background too? Whats fair for the goose is sauce for the gander. Hmmm. Wonder if she wants her whole dating life put out there to be scrutinized. I'll bet not. Not that I'm insinuating anything. I hate what's being done to Ed and she should have thought twice before she put herself in the same position.
    Do you know for a fact that Ed never told either gal he wanted to marry her?

How exactly does Bethany seem hapless? Because she believed a guy who fed her a line? That would make an awful lot of women hapless IMO.

I think the tabloids will be digging into all of Ed's ex-girlfriend's lives and I think that is terribly unfair to them. Ed chose to deceive them. Ed chose to go on a national television show. All they did was choose to date a guy they (mistakenly) put their trust in---they are not responsible for this. Ed didn't date these women in some secret bubble---there were tons of people in Chicago who knew who he was dating. Their friends and coworkers knew. The bartenders at their hangouts knew. The waitresses at their favorite restaurants knew. This would have come out no regardless. Ed didn't think this through at all. Bethany did not release the info in that online piece. Lindsey didn't bring anything out in the open either. These women are just casualties of Ed's behavior, and his choices. And Jillian, if she didn't know everything, will be just another of those casualties IMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3629974;
    It's already been discovered that she was arrested for driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crime. She really didn't think this one through very well before going public with her story.
    What makes you think she went public with that story?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fogey

How do we know Betheny released this info? It could be someone that knew about the situation making the media aware. Once they have the names they can dig on their own. This might not be getting out via the actual people involved.

addison h.

I have a question one that I'm sure has been asked and answered a thousand times - but just allow me to ask it again...

What... in say 10 words or less... do you like about Ed?

I am NOT trying to be a jerk. Quite the contrary. I am really trying to see this from Ed's fans perspective.

(I'm also not delusional enough to think there's any good reason why I should be important enough to be worth the time it might take to convince me! But I just really wonder and I think at least a few of you might have a few POSITIVE words you'd like to say about him anyway! )

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3629999;
    Do you know for a fact that Ed never told either gal he wanted to marry her?

How exactly does Bethany seem hapless? Because she believed a guy who fed her a line? That would make an awful lot of women hapless IMO.

I think the tabloids will be digging into all of Ed's ex-girlfriend's lives and I think that is terribly unfair to them. Ed chose to deceive them. Ed chose to go on a national television show. All they did was choose to date a guy they (mistakenly) put their trust in---they are not responsible for this. Ed didn't date these women in some secret bubble---there were tons of people in Chicago who knew who he was dating. Their friends and coworkers knew. The bartenders at their hangouts knew. The waitresses at their favorite restaurants knew. This would have come out no regardless. Ed didn't think this through at all. Bethany did not release the info in that online piece. Lindsey didn't bring anything out in the open either. These women are just casualties of Ed's behavior, and his choices. And Jillian, if she didn't know everything, will be just another of those casualties IMO.
    That's so true cheeky. If Ed was still in contact after the show wrap, well all I can say is Jillian got her a good man

Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3630006;
    I have a question one that I'm sure has been asked and answered a thousand times - but just allow me to ask it again...

What... in say 10 words or less... do you like about Ed?

I am NOT trying to be a jerk. Quite the contrary. I am really trying to see this from Ed's fans perspective.

(I'm also not delusional enough to think there's any good reason why I should be important enough to be worth the time it might take to convince me! But I just really wonder and I think at least a few of you might have a few POSITIVE words you'd like to say about him anyway! )
    Not an Ed fan by any means or stretch of the imagination but I hope this is all false and he's actually a good, solid guy for one single reason: Jilly Bean.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Many even Jillian may be able to forgive quite a bit but the sexy texting after Ed proposed to Jillian, speaks volumes and I suspect that might just be new information for even Jillian. But I afraid this is just the start. I have to wonder if ABC is behind this because it looks like a carefully planned campaign. The fact all the videoclips on the Bachelorette site disappeared so quickly, even taken off You Tube, just this season mind you, no congratulation message on the site, it took until today to post a photo of the happy couple. There does not seem to be as many after the finale appearances and interviews as in past years despite the great ratings success. US Weekly, owned by ABC has more coverage of Melissa and Tye in Vegas than the finale and announcement about Ed and Jillian. Their rival People Magazine has more coverage. If ABC is not behind it, they seem to have known it was coming and have left their happy couple to twist in the wind, out in the cold.

I won't bring this up again and leave the Ed fans to ponder this on their own, but it is interesting that people who have been most vocal in criticizing others for bashing Ed are jumping on this girl just as quickly which is fine, it is your right but ironic, eh? Pot meet kettle.

In case you hadn't noticed Ed and Jillian enjoy partying, Jillian said so, it was RATHER clear from the show so I am not surprised that Ed's group of friends, including ex or not so ex girlfriends are also hard partying types. And remember she was Ed's girlfriend and was a friend probably up until today. Are you saying he has questionable judgment in his choice of women and friends?

Now I have to address this statement - how hapless is this girl if she believes a line that Ed fed her - do you realize what you are saying there - you are saying Ed is a slimeball so how come this girl didn't see it well we could say the same for Jillian if we extend that logic, maybe he is feeding her lines too. You are implying that Eddy boy is a liar.

I just have a problem with a man who would treat any woman like that and it frankly does not bode well for Jillian whether or not she has forgiven all confessed trangressions so far. Frankly she deserves better. I suspect many of the great guys that were on the show, not all, but many would never treat a woman like that. Too bad Jillian sent them home. There is always hope that if Ed has been a jerk up until now vis a vis the female species that maybe Jillian is the one to turn him around however many a woman has cried many a tear trying to change a man. Better to find one that doesn't need changing in the first place.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-01-2009 at 02:51 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3630004;
    How do we know Betheny released this info? It could be someone that knew about the situation making the media aware. Once they have the names they can dig on their own. This might not be getting out via the actual people involved.
    How would that someone get her text messages for distribution. Is the media still going only by hearsay. The media cannot dig into someone's text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3629974;
    It's already been discovered that she was arrested for driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crime. She really didn't think this one through very well before going public with her story.
    Can you give more details on this?

Closed Thread