Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3629803;
    He is a smart man and with everything said about him I know he would not do anything to harm his family or hers with lies....or him texting some girl on the side.....it makes no sense!

Does anyone realize now that with all this slander put on Ed and girlfriends, it is taking the pressure off Wes...his buddies from Texas made sure of that!

Its really a shame.
    The damage to Wes is already done. ABC made sure of that. If info comes to light about Ed it won't change Wes's edit at this point. It will just look like Jill had 2 bad guys instead of 1.

And what is being said about Ed is only slander if it's false. If emails and texts come to life in regards to him and a g/f or multiple ones during the filming of show especially after Spain or when it wraps it doesn't look good for Ed. Right now we just have to wait and see what leaks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3629842;
    Jill's a smart girl. She knows what she's doing, of that I have no doubt.
    If texts and emails come out that do expose Ed for being involved during the show or after it that doesn't mean Jill isn't a smart girl. She went on what he showed her during the show and if he behaved in a way that wasn't honest that's on him not Jill. And if texts and emails come out showing he's a bad guy I hope Jill realizes that's on Ed and no reflection on her.

FORT Fanatic

A little blurb about Jilly and Ed's date last night. Sounds like they were the life of the party! Those two are such a great pair. I luff them. Bachelorette's Jillian & Ed: Family Matters in Chicago - E! Online

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3629842;
    Why do you think Jillian hasn't learned for herself? She has said any number of times that she and Ed have talked about past relationships. Ed obviously knows far far more about those situations than any of us ever will so there's no reason to think Jillian doesn't know either. I dunno. I choose to believe the two of them over nasty gossip being circulated by nefarious sources who have extremely questionable motives. But that's just me.

That's kind of a big leap of credulity, that Ed is a bad guy. I know it's been a popular mantra on this board but we, none of us, have any proof of it. We do know for sure that a lot of the garbage that was posted and bought into by many has now been proven to be untrue which, in my mind, makes all the other claims pretty dubious too. Jill's a smart girl. She knows what she's doing, of that I have no doubt.
    If Ed wasn't 100% honest with some of his other girlfriends then isn't it at least possible that he might not have been 100% honest with Jillian either? No one is saying Jillian isn't a smart girl. To the best of my knowledge all of Ed's girlfriends have been intelligent women.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3629912;
    If Ed wasn't 100% honest with some of his other girlfriends then isn't it at least possible that he might not have been 100% honest with Jillian either? No one is saying Jillian isn't a smart girl. To the best of my knowledge all of Ed's girlfriends have been intelligent women.
    Okay, I'll bite -- let's say he DID (and I don't know whether he did or not nor do I care) have someone he left in Chicago when he went back to Spain...and what if he DID tell her that she'd have to wait until he was done with the show... WTH is he supposed to tell her before the show is over -- that his feelings have changed and he prefers to be with Jillian and that now he's an engaged man?? Isn't there a 5 MILLION dollar clause that states they have to keep the outcome a secret??

Okay. I said in my last post that that was all I was going to say about 'girlfriend gate'. THIS will be my last post.

It's not MY guy and not MY relationship so I'm going to trust in JILLIAN'S judgement on the matter. I've no doubt she knows the truth and I have faith in her intelligence and I know she'll do what's best for her.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3629795;
    I'm glad Jill has good friends and a wonderful family. If what comes out is damaging to their relationship and shows he was involved during and after the show while with Jill she will need a strong foundation around her.

The thing I find horrible is that if proof does come to life there is no way show didn't know about it and they let Jill get engaged knowing he's a bad guy. And while contractually they aren't obligated to let her know I just don't see how they could sleep with themselves at night knowing the pain that could be coming her way.

To make matters even worse I think if a leak hits mainstream media ABC will be behind it. They'd love for the drama to stay around a little longer and they don't care who gets hurt.
    Me too Nova and Alanna..I think that the reason for Fleiss's success are the viewers - we are not necessarily looking for a happy ending; but at least we would like to know that it is a fair and balanced one and nobody is being purposely maligned or set up or destroyed for the fun of it. Maybe in reality tv that is too much to ask...but I agree with your views.

What I find here with some of these discussions is the same thing I find with religious and political topics; folks who are deeply entrenched with their views will not see another side of the conversation. I am trying to remember if there has ever been a bachelor or bachelorette who had these kinds of rumors; I really cannot remember this happening. Even Brad Womack did not have these kind of rumors swirling around during the entire season. There was the fiasco last season and Reality Steve's revelations but that was at the end. And it dealt with a change in Jason's "final choice".

It is a shame for Jillian; so I hope that these rumors are incorrect.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3629912;
    Ed didn't want to settle down and marry any of the other women. Big difference.

And Bethany seems a little hapless to have allowed herself to get sucked into this mess. You think the tabloids won't be digging into her background too? Whats fair for the goose is sauce for the gander. Hmmm. Wonder if she wants her whole dating life put out there to be scrutinized. I'll bet not. Not that I'm insinuating anything. I hate what's being done to Ed and she should have thought twice before she put herself in the same position.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3629945;
    Okay, I'll bite -- let's say he DID (and I don't know whether he did or not nor do I care) have someone he left in Chicago when he went back to Spain...and what if he DID tell her that she'd have to wait until he was done with the show... WTH is he supposed to tell her before the show is over -- that his feelings have changed and he prefers to be with Jillian and that now he's an engaged man?? Isn't there a 5 MILLION dollar clause that states they have to keep the outcome a secret??
    Excellent point cantstopwatchin. Seems so simple and straightforward that it's escaped the logic of many people.
    It's not MY guy and not MY relationship so I'm going to trust in JILLIAN'S judgement on the matter. I've no doubt she knows the truth and I have faith in her intelligence and I know she'll do what's best for her.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3629956;
    Ed didn't want to settle down and marry any of the other women. Big difference.

And Bethany seems a little hapless to have allowed herself to get sucked into this mess. You think the tabloids won't be digging into her background too? Whats fair for the goose is sauce for the gander. Hmmm. Wonder if she wants her whole dating life put out there to be scrutinized. I'll bet not. Not that I'm insinuating anything. I hate what's being done to Ed and she should have thought twice before she put herself in the same position.
    It's already been discovered that she was arrested for driving under the influence and leaving the scene of a crime. She really didn't think this one through very well before going public with her story.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

If that is true, we are dealing with a very unstable individual. Run jill and ed!

Closed Thread