Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #951
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3629669;
    Sure, but I've noticed we don't call the shots and they don't seem to care what the fans think. Last season pretty much brought that home to a lot of people here who loved Melissa. Funny thing is, fans can complain all they want about the show owing us a happy ending, and yet even when things don't turn out the way we want, we continue to tune in to the next series.

    So, if we didn't watch they would cancel the show. But we continue to watch even when we feel manipulated and don't like the way the show turns out. So, who wins here? Methinks Fleiss is laughing all the way to the bank...
    Sure and that's why Chris is throwing out his tweets every week. Making sure viewers stay tune. Putting out his blog each week, with all of his BS. Wanting feedback.

  2. #952
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,961

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3629717;
    Why does it has to be about being happy for someone downfall, why can't it be just some people choose not to be fooled, that they would like to know the truth. Why does everyone has to choose to ignore powerful info, whether they like Ed or not. If Jillian has true friends, wouldn't they want to know for her sake, because they wouldn't want her to get hurt. I know if Jillian was my friend, I sure would want to know, friends don't want their friends hurt. I guess that's why his ex-girlfriends are angry and speaking out.
    Of course if I were a close friend of Jillian's and I knew something, I would tell her. I wasn't talking about her friends. I'm not her friend, I don't know her at all. I'm talking about people on the internet who watched a reality tv show and now feel like they need to know every last detail of dirt about these people, like it's any of our business. Why do we *need* to know the powerful info? What purpose does it serve for me to know it, except to feed my insatiable curiosity about these people?

    Ok, I wade in here after the show ends even though I swear I'm not going to do it. I choose not to make this tv show personal to me, so I'm outta here! On to the Project Runway boards...

  3. #953
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    666

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3629717;
    If Jillian has true friends, wouldn't they want to know for her sake, because they wouldn't want her to get hurt. I know if Jillian was my friend, I sure would want to know, friends don't want their friends hurt. I guess that's why his ex-girlfriends are angry and speaking out.
    Jillian is lucky to have very true friends. They sure aren't anonymous posters on a forum or viewers of escapism reality tv. The thing is, Jillian is not your friend. She's not listening to what you have to say. None of us have any responsibility to let her know about unsubstantiated gossip.

    And do you really think Ed's supposed ex-girlfriends are speaking out because they're concerned about Jillian??? Really? Wow, I kinda don't think they care too much about her well being.

  4. #954
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    504

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;3629310;
    Sad to vicariously live and invest in a world of speed dating on steroids.
    We are shown an EDIT. Do we really KNOW these people? Not unless you ARE a friend or family member.

    Show's OVER folks. Reality is NOW.
    And reality may be a bitter pill to swallow.

  5. #955
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3629749;
    Jillian is lucky to have very true friends. They sure aren't anonymous posters on a forum or viewers of escapism reality tv. The thing is, Jillian is not your friend. She's not listening to what you have to say. None of us have any responsibility to let her know about unsubstantiated gossip.

    And do you really think Ed's supposed ex-girlfriends are speaking out because they're concerned about Jillian??? Really? Wow, I kinda don't think they care too much about her well being.
    No I'm not Jillian friend and I wasn't talking about Jillian friends in Canada, maybe I should have stated it, anyone that really cares about Jillian. It seems to me people care more about Ed than they do Jillian. I don't care if Jillian isn't listening to me, as I tell my children, you can learn the easy way or you can do it the hard way. No they don't care about Jillian well being only their friends. Jillian will have to learn for herself. She said she would have to slay a few dragons, so she's still slaying dragons.

  6. #956
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    I'm glad Jill has good friends and a wonderful family. If what comes out is damaging to their relationship and shows he was involved during and after the show while with Jill she will need a strong foundation around her.

    The thing I find horrible is that if proof does come to life there is no way show didn't know about it and they let Jill get engaged knowing he's a bad guy. And while contractually they aren't obligated to let her know I just don't see how they could sleep with themselves at night knowing the pain that could be coming her way.

    To make matters even worse I think if a leak hits mainstream media ABC will be behind it. They'd love for the drama to stay around a little longer and they don't care who gets hurt.

  7. #957
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Come on .... Ed was excited and happy meeting Jillian's family, and stating to her dad he wanted to marry her....and the grandmother there and Ed showing her attention....were all these people in on this, too??

    Why would he include her family and why would he include his mom and dad who we just know he loves in lies and slander? He had to figure this girl would say something to someone if he was doing this!

    He is a smart man and with everything said about him I know he would not do anything to harm his family or hers with lies....or him texting some girl on the side.....it makes no sense!

    Does anyone realize now that with all this slander put on Ed and girlfriends, it is taking the pressure off Wes...his buddies from Texas made sure of that!

    Its really a shame.

  8. #958
    FORT Fogey chaslom4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    2,448

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3628596;
    At least us Bettina fans had reason for hope ... Brad didn't choose anyone, and asked Bettina if he could call her when they taped the WTA.

    Reid was kind of a non-entity to me during the season ... nice guy, but too milktoast for me. But now he is starting to annoy me. His interview where he says that Jillian told him if he had said those things earlier, she would have sent Kip home, and it would have been between he and Ed. Why go there? His ego is bruised, and so he now has to publicly say that Kip was a default choice for F2? Kip is such a class act, Reid can't begin to fill his shoes.

    Then what he said in the DOD about Ed. Add to that his comment at the AFTR about the FS ... he's obviously not mature enough to take the high road ... put some big boy pants on Reid.



    Off rant.
    As a Kip fan thank you for saying this. Jillian also said this about Kip in an interview. Kip was hurt to in all of this . Just wish neither one of them would have went there and been a little bit more sensitive to Kip's feelings.

  9. #959
    FORT Fogey cheekychook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in the Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3629803;
    Come on .... Ed was excited and happy meeting Jillian's family, and stating to her dad he wanted to marry her....and the grandmother there and Ed showing her attention....were all these people in on this, too??

    Why would he include her family and why would he include his mom and dad who we just know he loves in lies and slander? He had to figure this girl would say something to someone if he was doing this!

    He is a smart man and with everything said about him I know he would not do anything to harm his family or hers with lies....or him texting some girl on the side.....it makes no sense!

    Does anyone realize now that with all this slander put on Ed and girlfriends, it is taking the pressure off Wes...his buddies from Texas made sure of that!

    Its really a shame.
    There is no pressure on Wes anymore. What is happening with Ed right now has nothing to do with Wes. It has nothing to do with Texas. It has nothing to do with bloggers or previous contestants. It has nothing to do with anything other than Ed and things he chose to do. Ed's real life is impacting his reality tv life. There is no one to blame for that other than Ed.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

    Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

  10. #960
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    666

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3629780;
    Jillian will have to learn for herself. She said she would have to slay a few dragons, so she's still slaying dragons.
    Why do you think Jillian hasn't learned for herself? She has said any number of times that she and Ed have talked about past relationships. Ed obviously knows far far more about those situations than any of us ever will so there's no reason to think Jillian doesn't know either. I dunno. I choose to believe the two of them over nasty gossip being circulated by nefarious sources who have extremely questionable motives. But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14
    The thing I find horrible is that if proof does come to life there is no way show didn't know about it and they let Jill get engaged knowing he's a bad guy.
    That's kind of a big leap of credulity, that Ed is a bad guy. I know it's been a popular mantra on this board but we, none of us, have any proof of it. We do know for sure that a lot of the garbage that was posted and bought into by many has now been proven to be untrue which, in my mind, makes all the other claims pretty dubious too. Jill's a smart girl. She knows what she's doing, of that I have no doubt.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.