Closed Thread
Page 623 of 624 FirstFirst ... 123523573613614615616617618619620621622623624 LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 6232

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #6221
    GeorgiaReidFan
    Guest

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by snowglo;3651413;
    OK, yes many women are gullible fools. We get it. Look around. How many wives of Governors, Senators and Presidents have stood by their lying, cheating, swinging men??? Many are still with them! Some of these women are supposedly intelligent and confident. I don't find Lindsey's actions all that hard to believe. It happens ALL the time. That doesn't give Eddy a free pass. It is what it is...
    Well said. I would like to add that as long as women enable men like Ed, he will continue his cheating ways.

    A lot of women are fooled by cheaters, but once they are faced with the truth they kick them to the curb.

  2. #6222
    FORT Fanatic gruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    475

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651467;
    If we assume for the sport of it that deep in her heart, Jillian believes Ed is her mate for life, and the article is a "pack of lies", then in my mind she now faces the classic WORK vs. FAMILY conundrum.

    Because staying with him after that article (he can never be rehabilitated in the public eye unless he spends 2 years doing penance delivering IT services to Africa as mission work, IMO) will be a

    CAREER

    KILLER.

    She will be a famous 2009 version of Tammy Wynette.

    Not the image of a Perky Smart Sassy Independent Polished Hick with the Famously Good Judgment she sought so hard to create during her 2 network television gigs.

    You are correct that her career is limbo, at this point. But even when Jillian does dump Ed, she will also have to answer for the fact that she was in essence looking to get married and settle down. So that didn't work out...so I might as well go on TV!
    Smacks of the same rhetoric as DeAnna. I would think they could at least come up with a new approach for their "star".
    I honestly don't see DeAnna blazing any trails!

  3. #6223
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3651485;
    You are correct that her career is limbo, at this point. But even when Jillian does dump Ed, she will also have to answer for the fact that she was in essence looking to get married and settle down. So that didn't work out...so I might as well go on TV!
    Smacks of the same rhetoric as DeAnna. I would think they could at least come up with a new approach for their "star".
    I honestly don't see DeAnna blazing any trails!
    Winky blinky Deanna hasn't caught on. Matt Grant got no offers to speak of (after the obligatory essentially contractually required ones).

    Melissa is going to be successful in TV, I predict.

    If you were Jillian, at this stage, you'd believe you had what it takes to follow in Melissa's, not Deanna's footsteps.

    IMO, they all view the series -- and especially the many "at bat's" with media interviews -- as a prolonged audition tape, and a factual basis from which their agents can argue that they are "popular" and "look great" in front of the camera.

    Even Andy Baldwin parlayed the spot to get himself out of the Humdrum Navy dr's life of lengthy deployments, etc., to a Public Role recruiting for the military. He's been able to use his notoriety to create (for himself) a national fanbase that could one day be solicited to donate to a political campaign. He does precious little actual medicine these days.

  4. #6224
    FORT Fogey xseannax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    900

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651494;
    Winky blinky Deanna hasn't caught on. Matt Grant got no offers to speak of (after the obligatory essentially contractually required ones).

    Melissa is going to be successful in TV, I predict.

    If you were Jillian, at this stage, you'd believe you had what it takes to follow in Melissa's, not Deanna's footsteps.

    IMO, they all view the series -- and especially the many "at bat's" with media interviews -- as a prolonged audition tape, and a factual basis from which their agents can argue that they are "popular" and "look great" in front of the camera.

    Even Andy Baldwin parlayed the spot to get himself out of the Humdrum Navy dr's life of lengthy deployments, etc., to a Public Role recruiting for the military. He's been able to use his notoriety to create (for himself) a national fanbase that could one day be solicited to donate to a political campaign. He does precious little actual medicine these days.
    Sadly by the time Jillian snaps out of it, all the lucrative "dream" offers that are coming her way right now (that she is planning on turning down to be with Mr Ed) will be Gone With the Wind.
    The problem with rag mags is that when people like what is printed then they think they are reliable, and when people don't like it they like to drag out all the former stories that were wrong

  5. #6225
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    406

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651467;
    If we assume for the sport of it that deep in her heart, Jillian believes Ed is her mate for life, and the article is a "pack of lies", then in my mind she now faces the classic WORK vs. FAMILY conundrum.

    Because staying with him after that article (he can never be rehabilitated in the public eye unless he spends 2 years doing penance delivering IT services to Africa as mission work, IMO) will be a

    CAREER

    KILLER.

    She will be a famous 2009 version of Tammy Wynette.

    Not the image of a Perky Smart Sassy Independent Polished Hick with the Famously Good Judgment she sought so hard to create during her 2 network television gigs.



    Love this post!

    IMO, Jillian faces a HUGE decision….How does she plan to savage the “JILLIAN HARRIS” (brand and persona) that she has worked so hard and carefully to build and become the “quirky girl the public loves” over the last 2 years? Unfortunately, our beloved Jill appears to be lost within all the drama and scandal!

    With her relationship drama being splattered all over the tabloids and her judgment continuously being called into question, how does she maintain her appeal? This indeed could be a career killer – as long as she’s associated with this drama!

    Also, not sure how viable an option her other business venture is considering her current situation….I’m referring to “The Hotdog Theory” book and website she has planned to launch with the intent of Jillian offering dating advice…ummmm, now thinking based on current circumstances, this will be a tough concept to market and have very questionable appeal.

  6. #6226
    FORT Fanatic gruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    475

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Jlcazz why do you think Jillian is wiiling to play along with all of this, for this long? I know ratings, but, in the grand scheme of things everyday counts....

  7. #6227
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3651508;


    Love this post!

    IMO, Jillian faces a HUGE decision….How does she plan to savage the “JILLIAN HARRIS” (brand and persona) that she has worked so hard and carefully to build and become the “quirky girl the public loves” over the last 2 years? Unfortunately, our beloved Jill appears to be lost within all the drama and scandal!

    With her relationship drama being splattered all over the tabloids and her judgment continuously being called into question, how does she maintain her appeal? This indeed could be a career killer – as long as she’s associated with this drama!

    Also, not sure how viable an option her other business venture is considering her current situation….I’m referring to “The Hotdog Theory” book and website she has planned to launch with the intent of Jillian offering dating advice…ummmm, now thinking based on current circumstances, this will be a tough concept to market and have very questionable appeal.
    Excellent "coda" to my post. The Hot Dog Theory book? Ed likes "mustard"??? It would be late night TV (Jimmy Kimmel) type fodder only. That concept must be dying, if not, dead. I hadn't thought of that.

    Jason's choice to go with Molly over Melissa KILLED his dreams for his "jasonsplace" single parents website to Scale Big from day one. He's out there struggling to build it brick by brick, but in King Edward VIII / Duchess of Windsor style, at least he is with his One True Love in his mind.

    What Will Jillian Choose? Love or "the Crown"??
    Last edited by jlccaz; 08-09-2009 at 03:01 PM.

  8. #6228
    FORT Fogey xseannax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    900

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3651508;


    Love this post!

    IMO, Jillian faces a HUGE decision….How does she plan to savage the “JILLIAN HARRIS” (brand and persona) that she has worked so hard and carefully to build and become the “quirky girl the public loves” over the last 2 years? Unfortunately, our beloved Jill appears to be lost within all the drama and scandal!

    With her relationship drama being splattered all over the tabloids and her judgment continuously being called into question, how does she maintain her appeal? This indeed could be a career killer – as long as she’s associated with this drama!

    Also, not sure how viable an option her other business venture is considering her current situation….I’m referring to “The Hotdog Theory” book and website she has planned to launch with the intent of Jillian offering dating advice…ummmm, now thinking based on current circumstances, this will be a tough concept to market and have very questionable appeal.
    Maybe Ed should be the one offering dating advice, he's pretty darn good at it

    He could offer webinars on the site "Sexting 101"... "Lying takes Practice" ... "Call them all Babe...then you won't have to remember names" ...and finally "How to become Hollywood like Ed."
    The problem with rag mags is that when people like what is printed then they think they are reliable, and when people don't like it they like to drag out all the former stories that were wrong

  9. #6229
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Jano;3651508;


    Love this post!

    IMO, Jillian faces a HUGE decision….How does she plan to savage the “JILLIAN HARRIS” (brand and persona) that she has worked so hard and carefully to build and become the “quirky girl the public loves” over the last 2 years? Unfortunately, our beloved Jill appears to be lost within all the drama and scandal!

    With her relationship drama being splattered all over the tabloids and her judgment continuously being called into question, how does she maintain her appeal? This indeed could be a career killer – as long as she’s associated with this drama!

    Also, not sure how viable an option her other business venture is considering her current situation….I’m referring to “The Hotdog Theory” book and website she has planned to launch with the intent of Jillian offering dating advice…ummmm, now thinking based on current circumstances, this will be a tough concept to market and have very questionable appeal.
    In addition to these kinds of concerns, there's also been a noticeable change in her demeanor and her appearance since she's been "with Ed." If I can see that, surely the types that might come calling for her for television offers have noticed it as well.

    I like her a lot, but I agree with those who are thinking that some of the polish on the polished hick has been lost and her appeal has been minimized, both directly and indirectly, by her decision to be with Ed.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  10. #6230
    FORT Fan melrose place's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    203

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651393;
    I wish we could have a very short thread called "I Have Dared to Read the Entire Actual Us Weekly Article, and I Have Something New to Say".

    OBVIOUSLY, I would be disqualified on Criterion #2, LOL, but I think 90% of the energy of the Pro-Ed Sentiment would evaporate on the basis of Criterion #1.

    Unlike many stories dismissed as "tabloid", this story has to be experienced.

    So much of the board discussion reads like the Lewinsky Debates ... before the "dress" was tested.
    I meet criteria #1 and #2. And I have many questions that the article does not answer. What's more I accept Jillian and Ed's strategy NOT to plunge into the murky waters (reflecting a theme on their season) in response. Let me say that as a behavior therapist I do not work with adults. But the key is not to GUESS what people are thinking but concentrate on their actual behavior. I believe that the details in the article point to poor behavior on Ed's part. But not to the extent that many poster's have compared to. However, the behavior exhibited by Ed subsequent to the "actual" engagement looks like that of a man in love with Jillian, not one paid by TPTB or scripted or contracted, or one pulling the wool over his fiance's eyes. Why would he allow her to spend time in Chicago, take her to places where there are bound to be people to confirm his cheating ways and know L/B, when Ed could have just as easily arranged for Jill to meet him anywhere else? Why would he, as an intelligent man, not consult a lawyer to sideline the contract if he did not want to be with Jillian? Don't know if Jillian and Ed's relationship will withstand the pressure of the US Weekly magazine, but it is Lindsey's/Bethany's take on it. There are always three sides to the story, pardon the cliche. Anyone who is a critical thinker knows that. If Ed (and Jillian) choose to not express their view of what happened with the women in public, I respect that.

    Btw, I am a woman who has had some experience with cheaters. But I am not trying to use my own experience to judge Ed's, Lindsey's, Bethany's or Jillian's.

    OK, ready to duck the tomatoes.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.