Closed Thread
Page 622 of 624 FirstFirst ... 122522572612613614615616617618619620621622623624 LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 6232

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3651362;
    They thought they were in a committed relationship with Ed because he told them it was.

They thought he loved them because he told them he did.

They didn't want him to go on The Bachelorette, but he did, in spite of their protests, and he said it was no big deal and he'd be back in a few weeks. And low and behold, after a few weeks of torture wondering when he was coming home he came home---just like he said he would---and he spent time with them---just like he promised---and he told them he wasn't into Jillian---to reaffirm that they were just being foolish for having worried.

The girls did not know he was dating others---he made sure to keep that secret--I don't know how, but he did, and he's not exactly inventing the wheel here, it's been done by countless people before Ed.

Ed traveled a lot for business. They never knew he was off with other women, then though he was away on business. Often he was. Often he was not. Again, Ed made them feel foolish if they expressed worry in regard to his lines.

When they finally found out he was in Spain they did both tell him to get lost. HE is the one who pursued both of them to win them back. He didn't try hard enough with Bethany, so he didn't get her back---he assumed she'd come running but she didn't. He was left disappointed. With Lindsey they had more history so he had more to draw on---he worked very hard at convincing her to take him back. Her only mistake is believing him. Ed had choices to make all along the way here. He could have opted to not have 2 girlfriends at the same time, period. He could have opted to pass on the Bachelorette when his girlfriends became upset about it. He could have dumped them when he decided to go on the show, instead he strung them along telling them it was no big deal. He could have stayed on the show and not returned home mid-season. If he HAD to return home he could have told both girls "it's over" instead of sleeping with both of them, convincing them the show had been no big deal, and lying to them when he left again. When he "caught" in Spain by them he could have dumped them both permanently. Instead he proposed to Jillian and then STILL went after these other women.

One thing that is not evident from the US Weekly article, but that I know for a fact, is that Bethany and Lindsey are both very, very private people. They were horrified, mortified, and stupefied by what Ed did. They didn't want their names out there---their names came out because people sleuthed them out. They didn't want to be humiliated in front of their friends, family and coworkers, but they were by Ed's actions. By the time these women decided to go public with their story they had no other choice---the story was out there and was spiraling and the only way to get the CORRECT, TRUTHFUL version out there was to speak up for themselves.

I agree, Jillian is a victim. She's a victim of Ed's behavior just like many, many other women. Ed's disregard for other people is, IMO, staggering.
    I do not understand the bolded part. At what point after Ed returned did he convince Lindsey to take him back? On June 4th? If so, what happened subsequently after "she took him back"? Just trying to understand the timeline....

If we assume for the sport of it that deep in her heart, Jillian believes Ed is her mate for life, and the article is a "pack of lies", then in my mind she now faces the classic WORK vs. FAMILY conundrum.

Because staying with him after that article (he can never be rehabilitated in the public eye unless he spends 2 years doing penance delivering IT services to Africa as mission work, IMO) will be a

CAREER

KILLER.

She will be a famous 2009 version of Tammy Wynette.

Not the image of a Perky Smart Sassy Independent Polished Hick with the Famously Good Judgment she sought so hard to create during her 2 network television gigs.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3651243;
    Excellent logic sweetpea! ITA especially with bolded.

I read the US Weekly article and could not miss the shock value for which it was intended. I agree that it raises alot of questions because it is not the full story and it is only that of Bethany and Lindsay's. What they had to say was disgusting and vulgar - they even mention va-GG's for heaven sake! OK, we get that the girlies are upset and feel wronged, but what are they thinking by calling negative attention to themselves without taking themselves down in the process? They admittedly were willing and consenting sexual partners with somone they say they knew had multiple partners - they made their own choice to see and sleep with Ed despite the signals they say were there. He obviously was not into them and they need to take ownership of their own actions period.

The article begs the questions:
    --Does Lindsay really believe she is the jilted bride and is setting the stage for a breach of promise of marriage? Where is the engagement ring? There isn't one!
    --Does Bethany think by leaving jewelry in Ed's apartment she is laying claim to him, staking out her territory. Pleassssee! That is is the oldest girl trick in the book! Didn't work!

Someone stated they would like to know what Mrs. Harris has to say about all this, well it is more like what does Mrs. Steffen and Mrs. Johnson have to say about their daughter's conduct and their desperation to "get even" by selling their story and revealing their own sexual history and behavior in a gossip magazine?! They tried to sell Ed out, but they sold themselves out in the process. Nobody wins! JMO.

I`ve been wondering this myself. As a mother, I would be deeply distressed to hear that my child has been hurt in this way ... but to lay it out in public like this boggles my mind.The fact that the alleged exploitation is being reported in a gossip rag rather than a reputable newspaper diminishes the seriousness and credibility of the situation as well opens all participants to close scrutiny --- good and bad. This exposure does nothing to diminish the emotional damage that has been done but merely rubs more salt into the wound. Whether or not this story is true is not the issue in my mind, but the way the alleged victims have handled it sends up a red flag for me and needs to be addressed in a private manner.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3651389;
    Still on the first page, I think. Thread titled "I have a question . . . where the supposed "sexting" messages we were told about?" Dreamers posted the scan in the next post just below that.
    WOW. Thanks so much for posting how to find it. I've always believed what has been said about Ed, but even with a couple of months of believing him a cad that article is shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651467;
    If we assume for the sport of it that deep in her heart, Jillian believes Ed is her mate for life, and the article is a "pack of lies", then in my mind she now faces the classic WORK vs. FAMILY conundrum.

Because staying with him after that article (he can never be rehabilitated in the public eye unless he spends 2 years doing penance delivering IT services to Africa as mission work, IMO) will be a

CAREER

KILLER.

She will be a famous 2009 version of Tammy Wynette.

Not the image of a Perky Smart Sassy Independent Polished Hick with the Famously Good Judgment she sought so hard to create during her 2 network television gigs.
    ITA. You're always right on the money looking at the bigger picture of this show and you're right. I don't know how women will be able to follow her design show and like seeing her on Extreme Home Makeover if they think she's a doormat. If she breaks up with him in a few months, does a cover story in People about healing and moving on, she's going to parlay her Bach/B'ette stints into some serious, serious gigs including hosting design shows which she says is her dream. I hope she realizes this and makes the right decision. However, she's so snowed by Ed at this point that I doubt she's even thinking about her work right now. It seems like all she's thinking about is to make sure he's not messing around (anymore) and trying to keep him faithful and dispelling the rumors.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651396;
    it does if it confirms more cheating .... wasn't he in a committed relationship with Lindsey for quite a few years??
    That's the problem I have with the Lindsey relationship, nothing is concrete.
    - Is in a 7 year relationship?
    - Is it that they knew each other for 7 years,but didn't date the entire time?-- Is it that they were dating, broke up, dated again...over the 7 years?
    Just exactly are the facts?
    And if in fact it isn't 7 years, than no, all other girlfriends that Ed dated in the "interim" are off limits, imo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3651406;
    Bluefrog stated that Bethany and Lindsey did not know eack other, or meet each other, until they came together for the US Weekly interview. I don't think that Us Weekly writes their stories over a month in advance, do they?
    June 19 is the date that Lindsey and Bethany became aware of each other. That is, when Ed walked in with Lindsey and Bethany was already there with friends, both the women knew he had been dating both of them at the same time. It's all in the US Weekly article, last page. Check it out.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651393;
    I wish we could have a very short thread called "I Have Dared to Read the Entire Actual Us Weekly Article, and I Have Something New to Say".

OBVIOUSLY, I would be disqualified on Criterion #2, LOL, but I think 90% of the energy of the Pro-Ed Sentiment would evaporate on the basis of Criterion #1.

Unlike many stories dismissed as "tabloid", this story has to be experienced.

So much of the board discussion reads like the Lewinsky Debates ... before the "dress" was tested.
    Ditto!!! Read the story first people!

And yes, there really are men out there like this. I know because I once dated a handsome, charming compulsive liar who completely fooled me for over a year. I knew something wasn't right, but every time I questioned things he convinced me it was something else, or me being foolish. He spun lie upon lie upon lie, until I didn't know which way was up. Why'd I put up with it? He made me feel "special". (GACK. Easy to say now. )

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651393;
    I wish we could have a very short thread called "I Have Dared to Read the Entire Actual Us Weekly Article, and I Have Something New to Say".

OBVIOUSLY, I would be disqualified on Criterion #2, LOL, but I think 90% of the energy of the Pro-Ed Sentiment would evaporate on the basis of Criterion #1.

Unlike many stories dismissed as "tabloid", this story has to be experienced.

So much of the board discussion reads like the Lewinsky Debates ... before the "dress" was tested.
    Criterion #1: I read it.
    Criterion # 2 Not really, just ugh, what a scum Ed is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct;3651466;
    I do not understand the bolded part. At what point after Ed returned did he convince Lindsey to take him back? On June 4th? If so, what happened subsequently after "she took him back"? Just trying to understand the timeline....
    It's all spelled out in plenty of detail in the US Weekly article. Check it out.

Closed Thread