Closed Thread
Page 621 of 624 FirstFirst ... 121521571611612613614615616617618619620621622623624 LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 6232

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3650829;
    Ummm, they have the texts and the e-mails and right on the cover it refers to them and says "prove". And I am the second person with a JD on this board that is going to state that US would not use such a firm word if they indeed did not have the proof and verify it as such.

US writes plenty of rumors and also clearly states they are rumors. This time they are not doing so.
    I don't have a JD but I do have a paralegal cert and I am shocked more people don't know the difference between stating something as a fact rather than "alleged" rumor or an opinion. When you state something as a fact, you open yourself up to a suit. Per legal dictionary:

Libel
    1) to publish in print, writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHereInOhio;3651428;
    ONLY talking about her part and how credible it is to the story!
    Ed is the one she is talking about.
    That does very much include Ed and Jillian - we do not know that Ed cheated on Jillian. This is were you are beliving here say, she said, he said. There has been no proof.
    See even though I have stated several times that i am only talking in regard to creditbilty and her knowing what kind of man he and This is what you get.
    Ed excused? Feelings don't matter? Red flags? Jillian should see?
    I do not believe everything is a lie - I believe there is some truth somewhere in all of this mess.
    I was only IMO stating why I thought her story telling was a little loose and her credibilty was going down hill.
    There has been proof though. Short of showing a sex tape, there is proof.

Here's what's really going on here imo. Jillian knows about everything and doesn't care. Ed obviously has a way with the ladies and knows how to make them feel special, loved, and protected. He did it Lindsey, Bethany, this alleged Katie, and who know how many others. Now he's doing it to Jillian.

Jillian doesn't care if he sleep around because in the end, it's her who is going to be his wife (or that's what she thinks anyway) and it's her who is going to live in his apartment and have kids with him. That's enough for her.

As far as Lindsey goes, there is no doubt in my mind that if he and Jill don't work out, she's going to go running back to him and start up their "relationship" all over again.

And what's Ed's part in all of this? I think Bethany was just a sex toy, Lindsey was someone who he had a connection with and can't let her go for whatever reason, and Jillian is either his ticket to fame or he really did fall for her and recognizes that she'll make a great wife. I'm sure if he's being real with Jill, he'll continue to cheat throughout their marriage but will also provide well for her and be a decent husband in areas other than faithfulness.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3651431;
    Just got home from a weekend vacation and read an article that Jill & Ed split. Has this been confirmed?
    No, they're very much together and partying in Vegas. I don't know what they're going home to Chitown. Probably today.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3651445;
    No, they're very much together and partying in Vegas. I don't know what they're going home to Chitown. Probably today.
    Thanks for clearing that up, stupid lying articles!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651220;
    sorry Bloomer but I don't get how we can put "blame" on a victim - that just making excuses for Ed IMO. First of all, they did it unknowingly, they fell for a smooth talker and user and believed what he said - are they just as desparate and needy as Jillian... probably but in no way should they be blamed for what Ed did. He carries this on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone - there are just no excuses for men who prey on the weak, whether it be physically or mentally. It's about control, and that's what Ed did, control them with lies.
    I agree with Bloomers that a self-respecting woman would not even acknowledge that kind of behavior from anyone. The "control" you refer to plays both ways. If any man EVER spoke to me or texted me in that manner, I certainly would have NO inclination to sleep with him. Much less have any dealings with him.
    With that said...I don't for one minute believe that Ed sent that text either.

Quote Originally Posted by TessaBridesmaid;3651430;
    Because this commitment was made, and very publicly I might offer, why is Lindsey's intelligence or morals being debated regarding her and Ed's interactions on June 4?
    On June 4th, Lindsey was totally unaware of the "commitment" that had been made between Ed and Jillian a week or so previously.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3651450;
    I agree with Bloomers that a self-respecting woman would not even acknowledge that kind of behavior from anyone. The "control" you refer to plays both ways. If any man EVER spoke to me or texted me in that manner, I certainly would have NO inclination to sleep with him. Much less have any dealings with him.
    With that said...I don't for one minute believe that Ed sent that text either.
    Why not? He referred to Jillian as a "smokin hot chick" on national television. Told the camera man he "couldn't wait to attack her" and referred to sleeping with her as both "sealing the deal" and "pulling the trigger." And this was again, on national television. Doesn't it sound like that's how he talks to women?
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3651452;
    On June 4th, Lindsey was totally unaware of the "commitment" that had been made between Ed and Jillian a week or so previously.
    That's my point.

The only person in the Ed and Lindsey dance on June 4th who was aware of the commitment was Ed. Period.

Lindsey has no responsibility in this other than perhaps poor taste in partners.

It is fair to question the motives of Lindsey and Bethany. This is their story so it's not unreasonable for people to question them, and it doesn't equate to bashing them or blaming the victim.

It is fair to question the validity of the US Magazine article. To some it appears as the truth, unquestionably, no doubts. To others it appears completely one-sided so they question what is the other side? Is there information missing? That isn't heartless or cruel, it's just questioning and wondering what the WHOLE story is.

It is fair to suggest that while Ed should be blamed if what these girls said is true, perhaps he may not be the completely despicable human being many are calling him. We all see things differently and to think differently does not imply that some have a more questionable moral code than others.

It is fair to question things. We don't all have to agree, and it doesn't mean you're totally right, or I'm totally right, just that perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and it's quite possible we will never know the entire truth. Why does everyone who reads the article have to believe every bit of it, 100%? As long as the discussion remains interesting and civil, I think it's more than ok to have dissenting views on this. I just wish I didn't feel like my morality was being called into question because I choose to consider that there might be more to the story than the article presents. I am not calling these girls names. I am not throwing stones at them. I'm merely removed enough to question that theirs is the whole truth.

As I've said before, I've known a few guys like Ed in my day. I wouldn't want to be romantically involved with them necessarily, although I hope for Jillian's sake it turns out ok, but aside from that they weren't horrible, despicable people. I always tell my children, I may not like the choices you make, and I will always try to steer you in the right direction if I can, but if you do screw up I will always love you and support you and I still consider you a valuable human being. For me, I'd like to extend that consideration (obviously in a more removed way since Ed is not my child!!) to Ed in this situation. I understand if others feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3651289;
    I am still baffled at those who think the girls did something wrong. OK, charge them with bad judgement. But that compared to what Ed did is in 2 totally different categories to me.
    If Ed had sexual relations with anyone after proposing to Jillian, I do not know how anyone could not find fault in that!
    I completely agree with you, but that nasty word "IF" is always in play here, and frankly it is getting redundant. Until someone, anyone can report this behavior as FACT and not an assumption it begs the question are we getting played, just as many of you believe Jillian is???

Closed Thread