Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

GeorgiaReidFan

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3651327;
    I'm sorry - but no. I don't wonder why. They are doing what they should be - staying quiet and letting it blow over. Addressing it feeds the fire and keeps it going.
    If you believe the above in bold then my question to you is:
    Why do you continue to fan the fire?

just says no to koolaide!

BETHANY HAD DUMPED ED AND WAS MERELY GOIN TO HIS HOUSE TO PICK UP HER THINGS WHEN HE TEXTED HER WITH THAT. SHE DID NOT FALL FOR IT. IN FACT, SHE SAID SHE LEFT "IN DISGUST".

Good grief! Have you guys READ THE ARTICLE? I don't know many times I've seen these comments but it is right in the article and interview in plain english. She did NOT FALL FOR IT. In fact, Ed lamented to their mutual friend how bummed he was that she did NOT fall for it.
    IF this supposed text really happened - do you think it was the first one of it's kind? I would say that she probably set the standard that he could talk to her like that. Men don't just act fabulous and dreamy, and then one day disrespect you like trash.... there had to be other disrespectful behavior that she allowed that made Ed think sending a text like that would be acceptable. My guess is she's "disgusted" now because it fits the situation she's spinning.

.... again, assuming this is all accurate information, which I don't believe it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3650455;
    I think the US article was just the tip of the iceburg - I think once all the Chicago ladies read it, a few more will add their story. I'm sure Lindsey and Bethany ( I believe there's a Kate involved somehow too) aren't the only girls he's messed with over the years..... Ed's going to have some more 'splainin' to do....
    Why should any of Ed's exes previous to, lets say 6 months of going on the show be relevant? His dating past up until then is of no concern to anyone, seriously. For that matter, why not go back to his grade school and ask if he was a good student...

FORT Fogey

Why would she keep tabs on the love life of a guy she, herself, was not dating at the time? Hw does it matter if Lindsey dated a guy she should have known was a full-blown heel? How is that relevant to what he did to Jillian?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3651281;
    Can't resist adding a link to favorite article, that should be in a Sticky Thread entitled 'PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING' TV WATCH; Blurring Reality With Soap Suds - The New York Times
    Thanks for the article.

Favorite paragraph:

''We wanted to shoot the show like a soap opera,'' explained Lisa Levenson, the co-executive producer of ''The Bachelor'' series and a former producer of ''General Hospital,'' an ABC daytime soap opera. ''The principal ingredient is developing characters that viewers can relate to, or watch and think, 'At least I am not as screwed up as that person.' '' (Ms. Levenson also worked on the ''Jerry Springer Show.'')

It is a bit odd that it predated the Trista/Ryan marriage, which sort of went against some of its messages. The so-called triangle love story definitely fits the Jillian/Reid/Ed dynamic perfectly (sadly, poor Kip was out of the triangle here based on less time at AFRC, also his "amazing journey" belongs on the Travel Channel, not "General Hospital"), though the Ed/Jillian/Bethany/Lindsey story is more "rectangular". Which soap is the post AFRC Ed/Jillian love story scripted to resemble... JR/Sue Ellen in "Dallas"? It has to be a Prime Time soap after all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651379;
    As usual, very eloguently put.

I really need to read the US article, somebody said it was scanned and posted at JU, I looked but couldn't find it...I don't need it to convince myself, just want to read it for myself. Anybody remember the thread title I could find it in?
    Still on the first page, I think. Thread titled "I have a question . . . where the supposed "sexting" messages we were told about?" Dreamers posted the scan in the next post just below that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3651280;
    Re the bolded ~ the oldest trick in the book?? You're kidding me right? I cannot tell you how many times I have left my earrings (still do) because I overslept, was in a rush to get out in the morning, or simply forgot all about them. Who knew that a women should be held accountable for such an every day occurence. To state it was a tactic to stake out her territory ~ makes her sound like a dog peeing on the bushes.
    But you knew where you left them and so did she! Sure she may have been in a hurry after a late night booty call and left them on the bedstand as she says. But women have been doing that forever, leaving personal possessions and articles of clothing behind at a guy's place -- it is an excuse to hook up again when you are not sure there is next time! Yep, like teaching an old dog new tricks - it is possible!

just says no to koolaide!

Why do you continue to fan the fire?
    Touche, I guess but you aren't really comparing apples to apples so I fail to see how your comment fits. I know none of the parties involved and don't claim any new or inside info. We are both here aren't we? Discussing a show we watch on a website set up for such a purpose. I have no dog in this fight, nor do you - nor should probably 99.9% of the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3651201;
    No, I don't believe Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc. were continuing relationships during their time filming the show and promising to return to those relationships when their temporary celebrityhood was over.

I also don't believe Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc. were making promises of marriage to one of the women they were dating while continuing to enjoy beer and condoms with another.

Finally and most importantly, I don't believe this is about Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc.
    & I don't think Kip was lying to her parents upon meeting them nor would I think Reid would of led them on either had he met her parents....considering both of them were trying to be realistic in their views the whole show. But we DO KNOW that Ed wasn't being truthful by telling them he worked night & day to get back to Jillian & that he thought about her the whole time he was gone.

I wish we could have a very short thread called "I Have Dared to Read the Entire Actual Us Weekly Article, and I Have Something New to Say".

OBVIOUSLY, I would be disqualified on Criterion #2, LOL, but I think 90% of the energy of the Pro-Ed Sentiment would evaporate on the basis of Criterion #1.

Unlike many stories dismissed as "tabloid", this story has to be experienced.

So much of the board discussion reads like the Lewinsky Debates ... before the "dress" was tested.

Closed Thread