Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3651295;
    I agree that the blame for this whole sordid mess falls squarely on Ed's shoulders. Unfortunately, the resolution also falls on Ed's shoulders. Either he comes forward with proof that B/L are liars, or he fesses up, and accepts Jillian's actions, whatever they may be. That day may never come.

He can't prove it. He certainly can't prove he never slept with them when he went back and after the engagement. To take him at his word would take a complete leap of faith, one that I don't believe he deserves. The girls lay out a compelling timeline that makes complete sense. Whereas, his story about going home for work makes no sense. As soon as the gf business came up on the show, Ed left. And he came back when it was too late for hometown dates. The girls' story makes complete sense when you look Ed's behavior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3651314;
    Exactly. "Other sources".

Who are "other sources"? What are their names, what is the relation, how long have they known about this, what is their proof?

Anyone can join a message board and say, "I'm a friend of Lindsey's and Ed is a jerk!!!!"
    I would like to see some proof that Ed is innocent of Lindsey's and Bethany's allegations. Where do I find that?

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3651314;
    Exactly. "Other sources".

Who are "other sources"? What are their names, what is the relation, how long have they known about this, what is their proof?

Anyone can join a message board and say, "I'm a friend of Lindsey's and Ed is a jerk!!!!"
    I know what you mean. So many people are willing to pop off, half-baked, without pausing to consider all the available sources of information! It's a pandemic around here! It won't end until they break up or there's another filming schedule to figure out!

just says no to koolaide!

But in the words of SDL, the silence is deafening when it comes to hearing from Ed's friends, real or imaginary.

You gotta wonder why.
    I'm sorry - but no. I don't wonder why. They are doing what they should be - staying quiet and letting it blow over. Addressing it feeds the fire and keeps it going.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651317;
    So does that mean that if you can manage to find a girl naive enough to believe the lines you feed her, it's ok to cheat on her 'cause she should be smart enough to figure it out??
    Of course not! What I am saying is I don't believe these girls, particularly Lindsey, were completely in la-la land with respect to their relationship to Ed. They can say or imply that now, but I don't believe it is true. She just couldn't have been that completely taken in, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3651318;
    But we've all seen how people take snippets of text here and there and run with them, talk about them, add to them, until suddenly something is taken as 'truth' when in fact it is NOT. By attaching these horrible things to his name, even in an illustrative way, you are making an association that in some minds will never be erased. I just don't think it is necessary.

I disagree, sometimes you need an extreme illustration to get a point across.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3651330;
    Of course not! What I am saying is I don't believe these girls, particularly Lindsey, were completely in la-la land with respect to their relationship to Ed. They can say or imply that now, but I don't believe it is true. She just couldn't have been that completely taken in, IMO.
    sweetpea, can you help me understand something? I'm not trying to be difficult here, I really just don't understand. How does the nature of Lindsey's relationship with Ed make any difference at all? Say that she is just a booty call to Ed, and not an ongoing serious relationship as she claims. Ed still made a booty call to her after he was engaged to Jillian. Ed did. Ed's actions. Ed's fault. What am I missing?

FORT Regular

I can understand the girls and Jillian's side so much from raising my own daughter. The day she refused to take a phone call from her lying, cheating, ex-boyfriend was a special time at my house. It took a while though before she could squash her dreams for the future over what she knew was the actual reality. And my daughter (now in school for her masters) has never been considered stupid. This guy had come into her life at a very vulnerable time and he knew just how to work it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3651216;
    Agree with all of this; however, there is a predominant tendency to just blame Ed in all of this. Although his actions are indeed deplorable, he is not the only one who is at fault here.
    Unfortunately, if we are honest, Lindsey and Bethany allowed themselves to become victims.
    When Ed decided to go on a dating show where he would be one suitor of 25-30 for 1 woman for whatever reason he gave, Lindsey should have intuitively understood that he wasn't as in love with her as he should be.
    When he spoke of a spin-off where he would be the man with 25 women pursuing him, as much as it hurt Lindsey, at that point she should have told herself that Ed was not in love with her regardless of what he said. His actions were speaking louder than his words.

I am appalled that Bethany allowed Ed to speak to her in the manner that he did. That is simply unconscionable and
    unacceptable. As a well-educated woman of the next generation, I would say to her to never allow a man to speak to her in such a disrespectful manner as is she were a woman of ill repute. I would insist on better, and if he refused, I would walk off. If he didn't comply, then that one wasn't worth it.
    (BTW, just as added aside, one thing that I have read over and over in women's magazines is that when men are surveyed, they reply that the one trait they admire the most in women is confidence. Therefore, I would add that single women should have a healthy dose of self-respect.)
    So are you saying that if the women hadn't allowed Ed to treat them this way, nothing bad would have happened and everything would be great with Ed and Jillian right now? I hope I'm misunderstanding you.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3651336;
    sweetpea, can you help me understand something? I'm not trying to be difficult here, I really just don't understand. How does the nature of Lindsey's relationship with Ed make any difference at all? Say that she is just a booty call to Ed, and not an ongoing serious relationship as she claims. Ed still made a booty call to her after he was engaged to Jillian. Ed did. Ed's actions. Ed's fault. What am I missing?
    Exactly. Diminishing the character of these girls does nothing to make Ed look like a good guy here. Basically I'm hearing from many other women (and this is shocking to me) that, as long as Ed didn't have feelings for these women, their feelings don't matter. That it's okay to treat women shabbily if you are a man who has no feelings for them anyway. And, his obligations and commitments to Jill don't count because those women meant nothing anyway. Just because Ed is adept at manipulating and hurting vulnerable people should not get him a free pass.

Closed Thread