Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3651305;
    domestic violence, serial killer murders and rape references have NO PLACE in this discussion.
    they're being used in an illustrative way, nobody is accusing Ed of those crimes........
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

jlcazz...I think you the nail on the head. If Jillian isn't reconsidering her engagement to Ed right now, then she is definitely living the "until he met me" fantasy. As far as Ed is concerned, did he really want to win her heart, or did he want to win the competition with all of its accompanying interviews, magazine covers, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3651305;
    domestic violence, serial killer murders and rape references have NO PLACE in this discussion.
    Thank you. That was what my long-winded reply above was trying to say. Please, let's keep some perspective here.

just says no to koolaide!

Exactly. "Other sources".

Who are "other sources"? What are their names, what is the relation, how long have they known about this, what is their proof?

Anyone can join a message board and say, "I'm a friend of Lindsey's and Ed is a jerk!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JustHereInOhio;3651298;
    I do not disagree with you on this conserning Jillian and Ed.
    I do not disagree that Ed was dating two women at the same time.
    This is just why I think Lindsey story is not all that creditable. IMO - There are lots of wholes in this story. Just saying she would have know Ed better than or just as much as anyone in THIER GROUP. They had not been dating the whole 7-8 years they have known each other, just the last couple years. IMO - I believe she would have seen him in action on more than one occation, she would have known HOW he treated women.

Please re-read all of Cheeky's posts. The common thread throughout is that Ed is very very very good at what he does
    a) lie to women
    b) convince them that they are foolish NOT to believe his lies

just says no to koolaide!

they're being used in an illustrative way, nobody is accusing Ed of those crimes........
    I understand - but it's taking this TOO far. They do not serve to illustrate a point for these purposes. As stated, keep some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3651304;
    northernviewer with all due respect, that's pretty harsh. Of course nobody is equating this with violence towards women and blaming the victim there. To some here, I am sure, this kind of thing has impacted their lives, and to equate it with a romantic dispute played out on a reality tv show and afterwards is not fair or true, imo. To anyone who has actually been on the receiving end of that kind of behaviour, well, my heart goes out to you...

Let's keep this in perspective. We're talking a couple who obviously have had issues in their relationship. They dated off and on for how long? She found earrings in his place and assumed they were from what? A one-night-stand while they were 'on a break'? Your boyfriend says he is going on a dating show for a joke, and promises it's nothing...yet you aren't suspicious, you just wait at home until he comes back because maybe you'll be engaged by the end of the year? It sounds like they had a messed up complicated relationship (who doesn't??) and so yes, I do see her sharing some of the blame. If he was that awful then I think she knew it, but didn't want to believe it, and so continued the relationship even though it was demeaning and probably disrespectful to herself to do so. So Ed, if he treated her badly, deserves a huge heaping of blame, but Lindsey should take her share as well.

Again, harsh. Nobody here is equating the seriousness of that with the story of a girl who found out her boyfriend has cheated on her. It's putting words in people's mouths that aren't there, IMO, and again equating something so serious with this story is unnecessary, IMO.
    So does that mean that if you can manage to find a girl naive enough to believe the lines you feed her, it's ok to cheat on her 'cause she should be smart enough to figure it out??
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3651310;
    But we've all seen how people take snippets of text here and there and run with them, talk about them, add to them, until suddenly something is taken as 'truth' when in fact it is NOT. By attaching these horrible things to his name, even in an illustrative way, you are making an association that in some minds will never be erased. I just don't think it is necessary.

I have a simple question for those who seem to support Ed. If he did sleep with someone after he proposed to Jillian, do you think that was wrong?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3651314;
    Exactly. "Other sources".

Who are "other sources"? What are their names, what is the relation, how long have they known about this, what is their proof?

Anyone can join a message board and say, "I'm a friend of Lindsey's and Ed is a jerk!!!!"

But in the words of SDL, the silence is deafening when it comes to hearing from Ed's friends, real or imaginary.

You gotta wonder why.

Closed Thread