Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #6101
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Guys, lets give Ed and jillian some space. Get off Ed's case. He is smart, looks good and has a sense of humor, and is very attached to his family. he may have faults but which one of us doesnt? There was a love story on screen between Ed and Jillian. whether they make it is really up to them know. She did not look happy on GMA which is understandable given the negative press and events. Neither did Ed. Lets stop all this negative speculation. Anyone who has any real knowledge of the media knows that 'the spin' can be very far from the truth; this is even worse in rags like US weekly..

    Remember half baked knowledge is dangerous. the story in US weekly is half-baked... you are only getting one side presented with a spin from a group of people who are paid to make stories more salacious for financial gain. People lets use our heads and show some empathy...

    Give them a break and move on.

  2. #6102
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Wow. What a time warp. Woke up to 4 pages of posts from people who heard about but hadn't read the actual Us Weekly piece. It was like TUESDAY all over again!

    In any event, I can see the Masses are Eager for new photographic evidence to help them decide WHETHER ED IS "GUILTY" AS CHARGED.

    I have found it!




    [Sorry, but seemed it was high time for a little comic relief or perspective around here!]

  3. #6103
    FORT-er over Fifty tfsouth74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    132

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3651092;
    I appreciate your argument, sweetpea, but I have to believe that if Ed has any way to prove his innocence, or prove that Lindsey and Bethany are liars, and if he cared for Jillian at all, that one look at her stressed out, weary, manic face would be all he would need to do it. Ed doesn't love Jill IMO.


    There is a demeanor, a concern when someone is with a person they care deeply about who is unhappy or sad. As she speaks, you would think you would see him looking directly at her, squeezing her hand in support, calming her as she rants. He is usually looking at the floor, a total look of disinterest, almost boredom. There's nothing in his body language when the photographers are not snapping one of their "aren't we happy pics" that speaks to real affection. I look at my cat with more love.

  4. #6104
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3650777;
    You don't think Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc. weren't dating and seeing a lot of girls. They were all nice looking guys who are single...not married....no kids
    No, I don't believe Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc. were continuing relationships during their time filming the show and promising to return to those relationships when their temporary celebrityhood was over.

    I also don't believe Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc. were making promises of marriage to one of the women they were dating while continuing to enjoy beer and condoms with another.

    Finally and most importantly, I don't believe this is about Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  5. #6105
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5



    There is a demeanor, a concern when someone is with a person they care deeply about who is unhappy or sad. As she speaks, you would think you would see him looking directly at her, squeezing her hand in support, calming her as she rants. He is usually looking at the floor, a total look of disinterest, almost boredom. There's nothing in his body language when the photographers are not snapping one of their "aren't we happy pics" that speaks to real affection. I look at my cat with more love.[/QUOTE]

    You are so right. You might be able to fake emails, texts, phone calls. But, you can't fake the obvious disconnect Ed has from Jillian. He is totally not present with her.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  6. #6106
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by omagirl;3651187;
    Guys, lets give Ed and jillian some space. Get off Ed's case. He is smart, looks good and has a sense of humor, and is very attached to his family. he may have faults but which one of us doesnt? There was a love story on screen between Ed and Jillian. whether they make it is really up to them know. She did not look happy on GMA which is understandable given the negative press and events. Neither did Ed. Lets stop all this negative speculation. Anyone who has any real knowledge of the media knows that 'the spin' can be very far from the truth; this is even worse in rags like US weekly..

    Remember half baked knowledge is dangerous. the story in US weekly is half-baked... you are only getting one side presented with a spin from a group of people who are paid to make stories more salacious for financial gain. People lets use our heads and show some empathy...

    Give them a break and move on.
    are you forgetting that the gf story has been around long before the US article?? we've known about the emails and the cheating and Ed sleeping with the girls while on the show etc for a long time now..... the US article is just the gf's supplying the emails and their input, instead of it coming second hand from friends and production leaks.... but it's pretty much the same but now we have more details and dates.

    as for moving on, Ed doesn't deserve a break... I feel bad for Jillian but that's what happens when you go on national tv and end up choosing a snake..... and then turning a blind eye. If she had said "I know what he did and love him anyway"... fine, we'd still think she was needy and desperate but her choice BUT to be calling the girls liars and childish etc - she's just stoking the fire while Ed sits back and smirks **gag**
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

  7. #6107
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihopeforthebest;3650319;
    I have had an unpleasant thought, which I am sure we are all aware is a problem. The bachelor and bachelorette checks everyone for std's before they can be on the show, and Chris Harrison said that many are disqualified for this. But since the show started, Ed has slept with at least 3 different women, some outside the show. Who is testing them for STD's. Good reason for them to have the "Ed" rule:
    no dates or intimate relations from the first day of the show until TWO WEEKS AFTER THE FINALE IS shown on TV.
    Here is another "bummer" thought: does the show test for HPV? I kind of doubt it as it's not a routine std testing. About 80% of people within their age range(on the show) have contacted it at one time or another, some self resolve it and others don't. It's very epidemic and can be very dangerous being a precursor to cervical cancer.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

  8. #6108
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,780

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3650914;
    Look, I agree with you that these girls are not the brightest in the world. Especially Lindsey who stuck with him through the most ridiculous circumstances (driving him to the airport, buying his marriage BS while he was pursing someone on the B'ette, sleeping with him after she knew he was F3, just on and on and on). She has made horrendous decisions regarding him and if she was my friend or sister or cousin, I would have slapped her upside the head to help her wake up exactly like I want to do to Jillian right now.

    However, just because the girls let Ed abuse them does not mean Ed is in the right.
    Agree with all of this; however, there is a predominant tendency to just blame Ed in all of this. Although his actions are indeed deplorable, he is not the only one who is at fault here.
    Unfortunately, if we are honest, Lindsey and Bethany allowed themselves to become victims.
    When Ed decided to go on a dating show where he would be one suitor of 25-30 for 1 woman for whatever reason he gave, Lindsey should have intuitively understood that he wasn't as in love with her as he should be.
    When he spoke of a spin-off where he would be the man with 25 women pursuing him, as much as it hurt Lindsey, at that point she should have told herself that Ed was not in love with her regardless of what he said. His actions were speaking louder than his words.

    I am appalled that Bethany allowed Ed to speak to her in the manner that he did. That is simply unconscionable and
    unacceptable. As a well-educated woman of the next generation, I would say to her to never allow a man to speak to her in such a disrespectful manner as is she were a woman of ill repute. I would insist on better, and if he refused, I would walk off. If he didn't comply, then that one wasn't worth it.
    (BTW, just as added aside, one thing that I have read over and over in women's magazines is that when men are surveyed, they reply that the one trait they admire the most in women is confidence. Therefore, I would add that single women should have a healthy dose of self-respect.)

  9. #6109
    FORT Fogey xseannax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    900

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by omagirl;3651187;
    Guys, lets give Ed and jillian some space. Get off Ed's case. He is smart, looks good and has a sense of humor, and is very attached to his family. he may have faults but which one of us doesnt? There was a love story on screen between Ed and Jillian. whether they make it is really up to them know. She did not look happy on GMA which is understandable given the negative press and events. Neither did Ed. Lets stop all this negative speculation. Anyone who has any real knowledge of the media knows that 'the spin' can be very far from the truth; this is even worse in rags like US weekly..

    Remember half baked knowledge is dangerous. the story in US weekly is half-baked... you are only getting one side presented with a spin from a group of people who are paid to make stories more salacious for financial gain. People lets use our heads and show some empathy...

    Give them a break and move on.
    Well I am really looking forward to reading Ed's side of the story to get his view. Something along the lines of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" as his nose grows by the minute. Just because a man is "good looking" and has a good job does not give him free rein to be an @sshole, cheater, and liar. And even if you don't want to believe he did something horrible to Jillian, he's not denying the fact that he was involved with both Lindsey and Bethany leading up to the show, both women thinking they were his only relationship. Yes they may have been naive, blind, or stupid according to some, but Ed knew what they believed and he took full advantage of it.

    If Ed and Jillian didn't want perfect strangers to speculate on their relationship, they should not have gone on a reality tv show, about dating no less. Jillian saw what happened with Jason/Molly/Mel last season so the girl knew full well that not only will the fans criticize you, but the press can your life a living hell if there are stories to sell. I don't want to hear them whining and crying about privacy when she knew full well what she was signing up for. She needs to get back up to Canada (without Ed) and have some heart-to-hearts with the females in her family.
    The problem with rag mags is that when people like what is printed then they think they are reliable, and when people don't like it they like to drag out all the former stories that were wrong

  10. #6110
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3651216;
    Agree with all of this; however, there is a predominant tendency to just blame Ed in all of this. Although his actions are indeed deplorable, he is not the only one who is at fault here.
    Unfortunately, if we are honest, Lindsey and Bethany allowed themselves to become victims. When Ed decided to go on a dating show where he would be one suitor of 25-30 for 1 woman for whatever reason he gave, Lindsey should have intuitively understood that he wasn't as in love with her as he should be.
    When he spoke of a spin-off where he would be the man with 25 women pursuing him, as much as it hurt Lindsey, at that point she should have told herself that Ed was not in love with her regardless of what he said. His actions were speaking louder than his words.

    I am appalled that Bethany allowed Ed to speak to her in the manner that he did. That is simply unconscionable and
    unacceptable. As a well-educated woman of the next generation, I would say to her to never allow a man to speak to her in such a disrespectful manner as is she were a woman of ill repute. I would insist on better, and if he refused, I would walk off. If he didn't comply, then that one wasn't worth it.
    (BTW, just as added aside, one thing that I have read over and over in women's magazines is that when men are surveyed, they reply that the one trait they admire the most in women is confidence. Therefore, I would add that single women should have a healthy dose of self-respect.)
    sorry Bloomer but I don't get how we can put "blame" on a victim - that just making excuses for Ed IMO. First of all, they did it unknowingly, they fell for a smooth talker and user and believed what he said - are they just as desparate and needy as Jillian... probably but in no way should they be blamed for what Ed did. He carries this on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone - there are just no excuses for men who prey on the weak, whether it be physically or mentally. It's about control, and that's what Ed did, control them with lies.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.