Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

  1. #6081
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3651025;
    Right ~ and she's the only one who hasn't figured out... she's been had!
    I wonder if deep down she does know she's been had and is just so mortified that after saying she was smart, strong, and had a good judge of character that she picked a guy not worthy of her. She is rambling and defending him left and right and there is no doubt that this has been painful for her. She picks a guys she thinks was honest and faithful to be hit with the fact he emailed and texted not 1 but 2 women during the show and after it. She has done a 180 on some things she has said on the show and is bending over backwards to make it okay. I don't think she will ever admit she made a mistake as she's in too deep. Not only did he disrespect Jill but he did it in the most public way possible.

  2. #6082
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,862

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    I'm not really sure that just because US Weekly uses the word "prove" I would trust it to the same degree I'd trust a balanced and thoroughly investigated article in the New York Times or Newsweek. We are, after all, talking about a celebrity entertainment magazine whose sole purpose is to print titillating articles about famous people in order to sell, sell, sell and make $$. The whole "sue them" idea is kind of silly, IMO. I'm pretty sure they figure not too many people sue for stuff like that, and if they do it's people like Catherine Zeta Jones, not some unknown whose sole claim to the front cover is he is the latest reality-tv scandal.

    Ed said it isn't true. They went on tv and denied it was true. The girls say it is. Yes, they have photos of emails and texts and other "proof". Ed did not share similar emails and texts. Maybe he had something but deleted it (something I've done, I certainly don't keep all my electronic correspondence) or maybe he has something but didn't want to share it with the world. If he did share something, perhaps something that would give context to the emails, or perhaps something damaging to the girls, what would be said about him then? That emails can be faked? That he's a cad for exposing them to humiliation? With the hate-on he's garnered, there's nothing he could say or do, IMO, to clear himself. He's better to take the silent road, frankly, and hope it all dies down eventually.

    This is, and forever will be, a circular argument. Nobody wins, in my estimation, unless all of them can just get the heck out of Dodge and live their lives the best way they can.

  3. #6083
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3650916;
    I'm sorry, but why does any of this matter? The only relationship in question is Ed's and Jillian's. And the issue is Ed lied to Jillian, over and over again.

    I feel like I'm trying to find the truth from a guilty child.

    Did you flush that Hot Wheels down the toilet?

    That's not my Hot Wheels.

    Did you flush it?

    My Hot Wheels is blue. That one is red.

    Did you flush it?

    My brother's Hot Wheels are in the floor.

    Did you flush the Hot Wheels?

    When's Grandma coming? She always brings me more Hot Wheels.

    This was just too hysterical!! Just what we needed at 1:30 in the morning!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  4. #6084
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    I think in general the point is when a magazine uses the word "prove" or "proves" or "truth", that means they 100% believe their info. Otherwise they would be saying "allegedly," "according to sources," etc. They make a habit of wording things carefully so they can't be sued, in case the info is wrong. So, when a mag uses one of those words, some of us notice that as being off from the norm.

    And FWIW, if the NYT said they thoroughly investigated something like this and found it to be truth, I'd be more likely to not believe it.

  5. #6085
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3651045;
    I wonder if deep down she does know she's been had and is just so mortified that after saying she was smart, strong, and had a good judge of character that she picked a guy not worthy of her. She is rambling and defending him left and right and there is no doubt that this has been painful for her. She picks a guys she thinks was honest and faithful to be hit with the fact he emailed and texted not 1 but 2 women during the show and after it. She has done a 180 on some things she has said on the show and is bending over backwards to make it okay. I don't think she will ever admit she made a mistake as she's in too deep. Not only did he disrespect Jill but he did it in the most public way possible.
    That's where her stubbornness kicks in. She has to know it's all true, she keeps claiming how smart she is. She just won't allow it to come front and center in her consciousness right now. Denial. Big time. She'll get tired of cleaning up Ed's messes sooner or later. I'm hoping for sooner.

  6. #6086
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3651051;
    I'm not really sure that just because US Weekly uses the word "prove" I would trust it to the same degree I'd trust a balanced and thoroughly investigated article in the New York Times or Newsweek. We are, after all, talking about a celebrity entertainment magazine whose sole purpose is to print titillating articles about famous people in order to sell, sell, sell and make $$. The whole "sue them" idea is kind of silly, IMO. I'm pretty sure they figure not too many people sue for stuff like that, and if they do it's people like Catherine Zeta Jones, not some unknown whose sole claim to the front cover is he is the latest reality-tv scandal.

    Ed said it isn't true. They went on tv and denied it was true. The girls say it is. Yes, they have photos of emails and texts and other "proof". Ed did not share similar emails and texts. Maybe he had something but deleted it (something I've done, I certainly don't keep all my electronic correspondence) or maybe he has something but didn't want to share it with the world. If he did share something, perhaps something that would give context to the emails, or perhaps something damaging to the girls, what would be said about him then? That emails can be faked? That he's a cad for exposing them to humiliation? With the hate-on he's garnered, there's nothing he could say or do, IMO, to clear himself. He's better to take the silent road, frankly, and hope it all dies down eventually.

    This is, and forever will be, a circular argument. Nobody wins, in my estimation, unless all of them can just get the heck out of Dodge and live their lives the best way they can.
    If he had an alibi, he could clear himself. "I was doing xyz with so and so on June 4th," "I was only with Jilly Bean in LA June 19th." He is not defending himself in any concrete way because I don't think he can imo. I do think Jillian knows all of this and is sticking by him because she doesn't care and loves him anyway or doesn't believe the rumors and is ignoring them. I feel truly sad for her in this situation- played and abused by everyone.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  7. #6087
    FORT Newbie aminca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    46

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    This is, and forever will be, a circular argument. Nobody wins, in my estimation, unless all of them can just get the heck out of Dodge and live their lives the best way they can.
    I will agree that nobody wins, but IMO it is not a circular argument.

  8. #6088
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Well the sad thing is you can't even always trust the NY Times. They've had some issues the last few years, like the stories that one reporter totally fabricated. The editors and fact checkers should have caught him the first time and he fabricated several stories. I remember the NY Times " breaking" a story right before the 2004 election which the blogosphere proved to be an old story being recycled as a new story within hours of the story breaking, and the kicker was, their own reporters had done the original story and come to a different conclusion, they didn't even bother to check their own archives or talk to their own people who specialized in that area? Oh that was fun because I knew that story sounded familiar.

    But there are people at the NY Times that I would trust. Washington Post. Daniel Pearl was a great investigative reporter, sniff sniff. He worked for the Wall Street Journal.

    As I leave, I will say my two favourite words that have come out of reality TV are bromance and showmance. And I suspect we may have a one sided showmance here sadly.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-09-2009 at 02:47 AM.

  9. #6089
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by aminca;3650939;
    Here's what I don't get. Betheny and especially Lindsey are being raked over the coals for believing Ed when they were obviously not as important to him as they thought. They are ridiculed for not reading the signs, or whatever, not seeing the "red flags" in their relationships with him. At the same time, Jillian is praised for knowing his true feelings for her, for believing what he tells her, because she "knows" the truth, despite red flags waving frantically to be acknowledged. All three were/are believing what Ed told them, despite evidence to the contrary. What's the difference?
    I could hug you for this post!! Lindsey and Bethany believed everything Ed told them. So has Jillian. Those that are yelling the loudest also believe everything Ed is saying... but in the same breath are criticizing the girls for believing him. He must have a gift!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  10. #6090
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114

    Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3651051;
    I'm not really sure that just because US Weekly uses the word "prove" I would trust it to the same degree I'd trust a balanced and thoroughly investigated article in the New York Times or Newsweek. We are, after all, talking about a celebrity entertainment magazine whose sole purpose is to print titillating articles about famous people in order to sell, sell, sell and make $$. The whole "sue them" idea is kind of silly, IMO. I'm pretty sure they figure not too many people sue for stuff like that, and if they do it's people like Catherine Zeta Jones, not some unknown whose sole claim to the front cover is he is the latest reality-tv scandal.

    Ed said it isn't true. They went on tv and denied it was true. The girls say it is. Yes, they have photos of emails and texts and other "proof". Ed did not share similar emails and texts. Maybe he had something but deleted it (something I've done, I certainly don't keep all my electronic correspondence) or maybe he has something but didn't want to share it with the world. If he did share something, perhaps something that would give context to the emails, or perhaps something damaging to the girls, what would be said about him then? That emails can be faked? That he's a cad for exposing them to humiliation? With the hate-on he's garnered, there's nothing he could say or do, IMO, to clear himself. He's better to take the silent road, frankly, and hope it all dies down eventually.

    This is, and forever will be, a circular argument. Nobody wins, in my estimation, unless all of them can just get the heck out of Dodge and live their lives the best way they can.
    I appreciate your argument, sweetpea, but I have to believe that if Ed has any way to prove his innocence, or prove that Lindsey and Bethany are liars, and if he cared for Jillian at all, that one look at her stressed out, weary, manic face would be all he would need to do it. Ed doesn't love Jill IMO.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.