Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by aminca;3650939;
    Here's what I don't get. Betheny and especially Lindsey are being raked over the coals for believing Ed when they were obviously not as important to him as they thought. They are ridiculed for not reading the signs, or whatever, not seeing the "red flags" in their relationships with him. At the same time, Jillian is praised for knowing his true feelings for her, for believing what he tells her, because she "knows" the truth, despite red flags waving frantically to be acknowledged. All three were/are believing what Ed told them, despite evidence to the contrary. What's the difference?
    Three women all having the same relationship with one man as far as I can tell. The only difference is that Jillian had the misfortune of doing it in front of a TV audience for maximum humiliation and degradation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3650726;
    I think he thinks this is all very funny. On GMA while his poor fiance rambled away at 500 MPH defending him he sat there anbd laughed. He thinks this is a joke.
    You can tell Ed thinks this is a game. It is so apparent in his demeanor that he does not care about Jillian at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3650937;
    It was the fox report on the break up she didn't read not the US weekly.
    Aw, okay, maybe there is hope she's at least read it then and is thinking about it. Big 'maybe' there though.

Lavender, it's interesting you said that Ed and Lindsey would still probably be together, doing their on and off thing, if the show hadn't happened. I was thinking about it earlier and I came to the same conclusion. I think he does love her in his own special way and they definitely can't seem to stay away from each other. Even though they both know this is absolutely toxic, they still were doing their thing and hanging out and sleeping together until the middle of June when their kiss seemed like a "goodbye" to Lindsey. Maybe he is really over her now and is devoted to Jillian?

I would so love for him to be a reformed bad boy for Jilly Bean. She needs and deserves to be loved and adored and treated like a princess.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by aminca;3650939;
    Here's what I don't get. Betheny and especially Lindsey are being raked over the coals for believing Ed when they were obviously not as important to him as they thought. They are ridiculed for not reading the signs, or whatever, not seeing the "red flags" in their relationships with him. At the same time, Jillian is praised for knowing his true feelings for her, for believing what he tells her, because she "knows" the truth, despite red flags waving frantically to be acknowledged. All three were/are believing what Ed told them, despite evidence to the contrary. What's the difference?
    Exactly if the girls were stupid for believing Ed what does that make Jillian.

I don't think they were stupid, they were all played by a master. After all look what he does for a job. He is persuading people all day long - good thing he came on after Vista, hard to peddle that....I know someone who is a womanizer, and his jobs have always involved sales and promotion, he was born with the silver tongue, and he is so charming you almost can forgive and forget the fact he is a rogue, in fact every once in a while he says the most inappropriate things, well that is alcohol related to a degree though, otherwise he is the guy who always says the right thing and makes you feel special, with everyone, not just women he's trying to hit on. He's married but the wife flips back and forth, sometimes she puts up with it for a long stretch, esp if he stays discreet, then she flips out and he tries to behave long enough until she's cooled down and won't leave - the irony is I do think he loves his wife very deeply in a twisted way but sex and love are two different things to him and it is for a lot of men. Now to his credit ??? I don't think he has ever had an affair, it all been one nighter, flings, sometimes paid companionship. He has travelled a lot for his work as well, for most of their marriage. He is getting ready to retire and I do think his womanizing has slowed down and once he stops travelling he loses most of his opportunity. The thing is she married him knowing he was like that then and they have been married for over 30 years. He has also been very very successful so she enjoys a great lifestyle and he funds her business. So you know maybe that is how Ed and Jillian will live.

Or maybe Ed has changed or will change. Keep hope alive?
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-09-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3650916;
    I'm sorry, but why does any of this matter? The only relationship in question is Ed's and Jillian's. And the issue is Ed lied to Jillian, over and over again.

I feel like I'm trying to find the truth from a guilty child.

Did you flush that Hot Wheels down the toilet?

That's not my Hot Wheels.

Did you flush it?

My Hot Wheels is blue. That one is red.

Did you flush it?

My brother's Hot Wheels are in the floor.

Did you flush the Hot Wheels?

When's Grandma coming? She always brings me more Hot Wheels.
    Alexxx That was great! Brought a smile to my face, for sure

(P.S. Parent of an only child here, so I always KNEW who "Did it"... of course she always wanted to have a sibling... I think not so much for the company, but just so there would be some "doubt" as to who was at fault when something was amiss)
    Last edited by Arizona Sunset; 08-09-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3650973;
    I would so love for him to be a reformed bad boy for Jilly Bean. She needs and deserves to be loved and adored and treated like a princess.
    For me, I'd rather she find someone who did not and would not treat her like this. She doesn't deserve it. But in the overall sense, I agree with you. If she decides to stick it out, I hope and pray he changes his ways. I've always liked Jillian. Which is why I never wanted to see her do this stupid show in the first place. You just knew something would happen to try and top the mess that was Jason's season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Sunset;3650990;
    Alexxx That was great! Brought a smile to my face, for sure

(P.S. Parent of an only child here, so I always KNEW who "Did it"... of course she always wanted to have a sibling... I think not so much for the company, but just so there would be some "doubt" as to who was at fault when something was amiss)
    I think Ed wouldn't mind having a twin brother now, too, to blame some of his shenanigans on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3650964;
    Three women all having the same relationship with one man as far as I can tell. The only difference is that Jillian had the misfortune of doing it in front of a TV audience for maximum humiliation and degradation.
    Right ~ and she's the only one who hasn't figured out... she's been had!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3650816;
    The "proof" has been stated in the thousands of posts and the US article.... time for the other side to prove why it's not true.....
    OMG ~ I so believe this too!!! Come on... bring it on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3650777;
    You don't think Reid, Kip, Tanner, etc. weren't dating and seeing a lot of girls. They were all nice looking guys who are single...not married....no kids

...yes some people meet someone in their 20's no dating history and just happened to meet the person they were meant to be with at that time..lucky them...

some people devote a lot into a career and when they hit 30 want to settle down...to find that person you have to date .... some you click with...some you have fun with...and then there is the one you want forever....that to me happened to Ed and Jillian, too.
    Then WHY was he having sex with other women AFTER they were engaged?
    This is a man in love? Not where I come from.

Closed Thread