Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3650876;
    Sorry how in the world could she think this was heading to marriage if she wasn't even aware that another girl had stuff at his apt.?

In this day and age if he was so serious about her she would be living with him...and this Bethany would have to be hidden under the bed or something....

To me he was dating this Lindsey and they broke up in Dec...why they did is something only they know, but I feel ever since that happened there was this issue that they could not come to terms with

...and I feel they both were seeing other people....you know the old still have feelings for someone, but too many things you don't have in common....and need reason to let them go...

Therefore the Bethany situation happened.....if Bethany was in his apartment with her things there then this Lindsey was not as close to this guy as she claims....
    Look, I agree with you that these girls are not the brightest in the world. Especially Lindsey who stuck with him through the most ridiculous circumstances (driving him to the airport, buying his marriage BS while he was pursing someone on the B'ette, sleeping with him after she knew he was F3, just on and on and on). She has made horrendous decisions regarding him and if she was my friend or sister or cousin, I would have slapped her upside the head to help her wake up exactly like I want to do to Jillian right now.

However, just because the girls let Ed abuse them does not mean Ed is in the right. I don't get this logic. Yes, it was stupid of the girls to take this man's crap but he is still the one who decided to act like this. He still slept with a woman after he got engaged, he still tried to to solicit another woman for sex after his engagement, he still lied to all three of the women we know about and who knows how many others. He is a bad guy. And the fact that the women allowed this is completely irrelevant to whether or not he's a nice man imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Sorry how in the world could she think this was heading to marriage if she wasn't even aware that another girl had stuff at his apt.?

In this day and age if he was so serious about her she would be living with him...and this Bethany would have to be hidden under the bed or something....

To me he was dating this Lindsey and they broke up in Dec...why they did is something only they know, but I feel ever since that happened there was this issue that they could not come to terms with

...and I feel they both were seeing other people....you know the old still have feelings for someone, but too many things you don't have in common....and need reason to let them go...

Therefore the Bethany situation happened.....if Bethany was in his apartment with her things there then this Lindsey was not as close to this guy as she claims....
    I'm sorry, but why does any of this matter? The only relationship in question is Ed's and Jillian's. And the issue is Ed lied to Jillian, over and over again.

I feel like I'm trying to find the truth from a guilty child.

Did you flush that Hot Wheels down the toilet?

That's not my Hot Wheels.

Did you flush it?

My Hot Wheels is blue. That one is red.

Did you flush it?

My brother's Hot Wheels are in the floor.

Did you flush the Hot Wheels?

When's Grandma coming? She always brings me more Hot Wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3650829;
    Ummm, they have the texts and the e-mails and right on the cover it refers to them and says "prove". And I am the second person with a JD on this board that is going to state that US would not use such a firm word if they indeed did not have the proof and verify it as such.

US writes plenty of rumors and also clearly states they are rumors. This time they are not doing so.

I did not see one place in the article or cover that they had an expert verify the emails, they didn't even show them. They say the emails prove he cheated not that the emails were verified. How do we know the emails were not edited or doctored in some way or that there wasn't more than said he was joking or something? A lot of the article is hearsay. There is nothing in this article or what I read on hear that makes me believe this 100%.

[Sorry how in the world could she think this was heading to marriage if she wasn't even aware that another girl had stuff at his apt.?

BECAUSE MAYBE ED SPENT MOST OF THE TIME AT THE WOMEN'S APARTMENTS AND WHEN THEY DID COME OVER HE WOULD HIDE THE REST OF THE STUFF

THAT IS SO WRONG, A LOT OF PEOPLE STILL DON'T LIVE TOGETHER BEFORE THEY ARE ENGAGED OR MARRIED, HECK THERE ARE SOME MARRIED PEOPLE WHO LIVE APART BECAUSE OF THEIR JOBS

THIS RELATIONSHIP HAD ITS UPS AND DOWNS AND IF ED NEVER DID THE SHOW THEY WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE TOGETHER OR AT LEAST UNTIL LINDSEY FOUND OUT ABOUT BETHANY, FRANKLY I THINK ED IN HIS OWN WAY WAS IN LOVE WITH LINDSEY AND WAS HAVING TROUBLE LETTING HER GO - WE ALL KNOW ONE OFTHOSE COUPLES.....

THE ONLY REAL THING THAT MATTER IS DID ED CHEAT ON JILLIAN AFTER THE ENGAGEMENT, HIS BEHAVIOUR PRE ENGAGEMENT WOULD LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE LINDSEY WHEN SHE SAID HE DID, AND WHEN BETHANY SAID HE WANTED TO HAVE SEX BUT SHE TURNED HIM DOWN

BETHANY DID NOT MOVE IN WITH ED, NOT SURE WHERE YOU ARE GETTING THAT IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3650892;
    I haven't been on all day so I'm just catching up but bingo, bingo, bingo! TPTB knew who Ed was and what kind of games he was playing with these women. And instead of protecting their lead, they tossed her to wolves because they knew the story would explode and give them buzz. Shameful and dsigusting.

As for Ed, there are no words. It seems from her FB message that she hasn't even read the article which is just driving me nuts. At least read it and see what they're saying! She's worse than an ostrich, her head isn't in the sand, it's just nonexistent and floating somewhere in outer space.

It was the fox report on the break up she didn't read not the US weekly.

Here's what I don't get. Betheny and especially Lindsey are being raked over the coals for believing Ed when they were obviously not as important to him as they thought. They are ridiculed for not reading the signs, or whatever, not seeing the "red flags" in their relationships with him. At the same time, Jillian is praised for knowing his true feelings for her, for believing what he tells her, because she "knows" the truth, despite red flags waving frantically to be acknowledged. All three were/are believing what Ed told them, despite evidence to the contrary. What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3650917;
    I did not see one place in the article or cover that they had an expert verify the emails, they didn't even show them. They say the emails prove he cheated not that the emails were verified. How do we know the emails were not edited or doctored in some way or that there wasn't more than said he was joking or something? A lot of the article is hearsay. There is nothing in this article or what I read on hear that makes me believe this 100%.
    And hearsay is admissible as evidence in many LEGAL proceedings, obtaining a search warrant, grand jury indictments, just saying what others with law degrees from the US have shared

You can end up in jail with a grand jury indictment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3650435;
    Sure emails can be doctored, but a computer expert can easily detect if emails still in a computer are genuine.

I'm an attorney, and frankly, I believe the US Weekly article. Ed's general denial wasn't persuasive to me at all. These women gave specific details. If I were Ed, I would worry about more evidence coming up.
    Here are two professional legal opinions about the US article. My post earlier concurs with this one. Anyone is free to believe anything they wish -- there are people that fervently believe the Holocaust didn't occur and it's a free world where anyone is free to believe anything they want.

And considering Ed is not nearly as significant as the Holocaust, I have absolutely no interest in going around and around in circles about it.

And I'll even give you a head start since I have an inkling what the next post will be:

The e-mails and texts are faked and forged and Ed just neglected to mention that fact while defending himself on GMA.

Go to town...

Have a great night everyone!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3650916;
    I'm sorry, but why does any of this matter? The only relationship in question is Ed's and Jillian's. And the issue is Ed lied to Jillian, over and over again.

I feel like I'm trying to find the truth from a guilty child.

Did you flush that Hot Wheels down the toilet?

That's not my Hot Wheels.

Did you flush it?

My Hot Wheels is blue. That one is red.

Did you flush it?

My brother's Hot Wheels are in the floor.

Did you flush the Hot Wheels?

When's Grandma coming? She always brings me more Hot Wheels.

Sorry how in the world could she think this was heading to marriage if she wasn't even aware that another girl had stuff at his apt.? First of all, he told her it was headed for marriage (engaged by the end of the year). Second, she already said in the article she found earrings and I think a bracelet, but assumed it was from the rough patch. Should she have questioned it? Yes, IMO, but she trusted Ed. Third, whatever else Bethany had there sounds like it was put away out of sight. As a lot of us have talked about the last few days, digging through your SO's things is not a good sign; shows you don't trust that person.

In this day and age if he was so serious about her she would be living with him...and this Bethany would have to be hidden under the bed or something.... That may be your opinion and what you've seen in life, but I have seen far different things. Of all of my friends, only 2 have lived with their S.O.'s outside of marriage. And many of my friends do believe sleeping with someone outside of marriage is okay, so it's not for that reason they aren't living with them.

To me he was dating this Lindsey and they broke up in Dec...why they did is something only they know, but I feel ever since that happened there was this issue that they could not come to terms with You're right, we don't know. But they did get back together.

...and I feel they both were seeing other people....you know the old still have feelings for someone, but too many things you don't have in common....and need reason to let them go... But there has been no claims out there that she was seeing someone in addition to Ed. If so, I think someone would have said so by now.

Therefore the Bethany situation happened.....if Bethany was in his apartment with her things there then this Lindsey was not as close to this guy as she claims.... My response to this is basically a repeat of my third point in the first section, so I won't bore you with the same answer twice.
    Again, easiest way for me to respond is to write in bold to each point.

Closed Thread