Closed Thread

Thread: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Re: Ed - Bachelorette 5

Quote Originally Posted by Barme123;3650754;
    He's cleared it with Jillian, his family, friends and coworkers - most likely... and that's who should matter! Not us! Sorry, it's true!
    Well I doubt he has "cleared" it completely with all his coworkers and his employer and not so sure about Jillian's family. You saw Mrs. Harris and her list of 100 questions. I don't see her being as gullible frankly. Of course Jillian may ignore her family anyway even if they have do have a problem with it and they may only say so much and back off, keeping their fingers crossed. ETA ooh I had a horrible thought what if Jiillian's family have differing opinions, just as the women liked Kip better than Ed and Dad liked Ed. Wish I hadn't thought of that.

Microsoft may or may not care about all this PR, hard to say, not enough to fire him I am sure unless outside things start to interfere with work too much, they are being extraordinarily accomodating it seems so far, but being branded a liar and a cheat may not sit well with some clients and in sales, trust is huge. Others will be going atta boy Ed you stud muffin, wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 08-09-2009 at 02:40 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3650835;
    ITA. All he did was talk ILY junk on the show, but all his acts of affection were fake. In the clips shown at the beginning of the finale where Jill is snuggling up to him on the couch saying "this is perfect", freeze or slo-mo that. His reaction is nothing, just look at his face. Look at him on the hotel balcony right before he goes and looks at rings. The boy felt nothing for Jill and the facts are in his physical reaction to her. She was always the one who was all over him. He just wanted to "win" thinking he would gain fame or something. I don't know how he thought he was going to keep those women quiet though. I don't blame Jill for falling for his crap because Ed is obviously a pathological liar and those people are really good. Those other two women fell for his lies as well.

Well, Jill knows ALL these things now and she needs to run as fast as she can to get away from him. She should not let him make a bigger fool out her than he already has.JMO
    great post!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3650838;
    This is the crux of my whole problem with this season. Everybody was manipulated, there was no love story, it was a friggin disaster, and Jillian alone is left to bear the brunt of it. Jillian is in love alone in that relationship IMO and it just might be her undoing. So sad.
    Watching her on GMA you just can't come away feeling like you are seeing a happy woman. It was very sad. Jill is now aware of emails and texts and dates involved. If she stays with him and he cheats at least she won't be blindsided by it. I think ABC absolutely knew she was headed for harm and let it happen. I think a lot of what we saw was Fleiss foreshadowing...there was a g/f but not belonging to Wes, Kip's mother warning her, and Jill herself saying she hopes Ed doesn't f'ing disappoint her. I always thought that was a weird thing to leave in the edit and now I think there was meaning behind it. They don't care that Jill got hurt and worse than that her fiance doesn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3650320;
    I don't blame any of you!!
    Me either... I think we all know where I stand. Not an Ed-lover, but just someone who realizes that there is no way I can possibly know the whole story, and that when it's a he said / she said kind of situation, I'd prefer to remain neutral and err on the side of wishing everyone peace and happiness, whatever their situation. Yes, that includes Lindsey and Bethany as well as Jillian and Ed.

It's a tough road, but differences of opinion are what makes this site interesting. I just get sad when I read all the really insulting comments about Jillian. I guess it's because I'm Canadian and grew up in Kelowna as well...she could very well have been a friend of mine in another time. Hate to see her being bashed so mercilessly.

However, as another poster so kindly pointed out to me upthread, this is not a fan site and everyone is welcome to their opinions. Just know there are others out there who are comfortable remaining skeptical about this whole situation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3650848;
    Well I doubt he has "cleared" it completely with all his coworkers and his employer and not so sure about Jillian's family. You saw Mrs. Harris and her list of 100 questions. I don't see her being as gullible frankly. Of course Jillian may ignore her family anyway even if they have do have a problem with it and they may only say so much and back off, keeping their fingers crossed.

Microsoft may or may not care about all this PR, hard to say, not enough to fire him I am sure unless outside things start to interfere with work too much, they are being extraordinarily accomodating it seems so far, but being branded a liar and a cheat may not sit well with some clients and in sales, trust is huge. Others will be going atta boy Ed you stud muffin, wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.
    I wonder how many questions Mrs. Harris has for Ed now. That's the video I would like to see. Lock the two of them in a room together until it's sorted out. Or maybe three of them, add Tori in there too.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3650809;
    There's a very big difference, IMO, between dating people at the same time and being upfront about it and the other girl(s) being okay with it, and doing so without telling the girl(s). He didn't tell these women about each other. At the very least, Lindsey was blatantly led to believe they were in a committed relationship headed towards marriage. Bethany wasn't aware of another woman (re: Lindsey) either, as per the article.

Also for me, while I think casually dating multiple people is fine if people know about it, I also think casually messing around with multiple people at once is flat out dangerous. Also think it's wrong, but that's my personal religious beliefs speaking there.
    Sorry how in the world could she think this was heading to marriage if she wasn't even aware that another girl had stuff at his apt.?

In this day and age if he was so serious about her she would be living with him...and this Bethany would have to be hidden under the bed or something....

To me he was dating this Lindsey and they broke up in Dec...why they did is something only they know, but I feel ever since that happened there was this issue that they could not come to terms with

...and I feel they both were seeing other people....you know the old still have feelings for someone, but too many things you don't have in common....and need reason to let them go...

Therefore the Bethany situation happened.....if Bethany was in his apartment with her things there then this Lindsey was not as close to this guy as she claims....

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3650129;
    Complicated is the opposite of simple. And having a substantive net worth does NOT automatically make one decadent or equate to "a life filled with excess".
    Chris, as with any word, there are different meanings, levels of meanings, etc. When I said decadent was the opposite of simple, I merely meant it was not living the "simple life" - ie. paring down, living within your means, living with less possessions, etc. Remember all those self-help books in the 90s that encouraged this?? So, what I was meaning was decadent could be viewed as the opposite of that, meaning people who have more than they need, who spend money on entertainment and fun, people who value beautiful things.

I wasn't in any way, shape or form making a moral judgement. I was merely providing what I thought was the context in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3650854;
    Watching her on GMA you just can't come away feeling like you are seeing a happy woman. It was very sad. Jill is now aware of emails and texts and dates involved. If she stays with him and he cheats at least she won't be blindsided by it. I think ABC absolutely knew she was headed for harm and let it happen. I think a lot of what we saw was Fleiss foreshadowing...there was a g/f but not belonging to Wes, Kip's mother warning her, and Jill herself saying she hopes Ed doesn't f'ing disappoint her. I always thought that was a weird thing to leave in the edit and now I think there was meaning behind it. They don't care that Jill got hurt and worse than that her fiance doesn't either.
    I haven't been on all day so I'm just catching up but bingo, bingo, bingo! TPTB knew who Ed was and what kind of games he was playing with these women. And instead of protecting their lead, they tossed her to wolves because they knew the story would explode and give them buzz. Shameful and dsigusting.

As for Ed, there are no words. It seems from her FB message that she hasn't even read the article which is just driving me nuts. At least read it and see what they're saying! She's worse than an ostrich, her head isn't in the sand, it's just nonexistent and floating somewhere in outer space.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3650836;
    I am not being caddy when I ask this...but did you not like Ed because he was so unnatural on camera? Nope, not the reason why. Like with Jason, I felt something was "off" right away. Just a gut feeling, just like I got with Jason. I also eventually saw a disconnect between what he said and how he acted/looked. You can be unnatural on camera and still come across as genuine. He did not. I recognized in him an attitude of that of a frat boy player fairly early on, very similar vibe I used to get from guys I knew in college (which was always confirmed by what I would see or be told later on). Him leaving "for work" is when I finally got back on these boards to find out what was up, because I smelled something funky with him and with this season, more than usual. That's when I learned of the two gfs. My dislike for him intensified with the "I want to attack her!" comment, the "Who wouldn't want little me's running around" etc. Tacky and arrogant, IMO. The drunkenness post-RC was pathetic to me, and I'd say the same about any man on this show. Those are all separate than the girlfriend issue.

Believe me I have been watching this show every season and he is one of the ones that just seemed to be so unfit for the show.....but that didn't make me dislike him it made him more real to me I don't think he was unfit for the show in that I think the 'awkward' bit was basically an act. Many players like to pretend they're all shy and uncomfortable in situation X when, in reality, they're not.

....don't trust the ones who seem to be so natural in front of the camera.... Are they trying out for show biz? I agree, some who are so natural do raise suspicion. Others are just very comfortable with cameras around. Lady I worked with was followed by a video crew for her job for the day, and she has no TV aspirations, and she was happy as a clam on TV! Me, I wouldn't be that way, but some people just naturally click in front of a camera, just like some people naturally click in church choirs, etc.

I know another reason people didn't like Ed because he left....I feel if he left for those girls then he had no reason to come back, but for Jillian... I felt, if he honestly left for work, I didn't have a problem with that. In this economy, hey, a guy's gotta eat and pay rent. That would take precedent over a reality show-mance, in my mind. But I didn't believe he left for work.

....his signing his name "Hollywood Ed" was his dry sense of humor...I am sure he wants no part of Hollywood...well maybe being on Wipeout which they probably find fun doing... See, just shows different POVs. You think his sense of humor is dry, but I think, only based on what I saw and not on any outside info., that he has a crude sense of humor and is self-involved.

I am just so tired of everyone putting this guy down...believe nobody is that bad there is good in everyone and Ed though this magazine completely used him....did not mention anything positive about him...neither did these girls who supposely liked him enough to date him, but now because he chose another girl he is the worse person in the world to them...go figure! I don't think most people are saying he's a horrible person top to bottom. I've seen many people say he's probably a good buddy, probably respected at work, but he's just a horrible boyfriend. And just pretend for a minute you believe the girls' stories to be true... do you really think they're mad because he chose someone else, or are they upset because he lied to them and used them and cheated on them? I think it's the latter, but that's JMO.
    Easiest way for me to respond point by point is by putting my comments in bold beside yours. So my replies are above.

You are gracious sweetpea and I do feel bad that our little Canadian Jilly Bean is being put through the wringer. I so wanted a happy ending for her and I just can't accept yet that she is going to have one. But hey, something could happen to change my mind.

The dissection is however fun though if you view it clinically. Bwah.

Closed Thread